ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• orldan
    Original poster 112 posts

The new weapon type, atgeir, has some issues.

My jomsviking can't dual wield them; can equip two but as soon as the jomsviking spawns one is dropped.

Player dual wield doesn't work properly, either: when equipped in the offhand it only blocks, no attack move possible at all. Seems to think it is a shield.

Also there was some kind of popup about atgeir branching attacks that disappeared after maybe a second at most. Bit short.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• guest-qy3nNqq1
    2 posts

@orldan Yeah, its the same on xbox. I don't think you are meant to be able to purchase the 2nd one, I just tried this and as soon as I tried to equip/upgrade the 2nd one, the 1st one (now fully upgraded) immediately reverted back to its original state before upgrades. I hope you saved in a new slot before you bought them!

• SidSixT
    102 posts

There was another thread a while back about odd behaviors of jomsvikings and their atgeirs. Check it out here. FYI.

• orldan

@sidsixt Thanks. That was over 2 months ago and same thing still happening.

• orldan

@guest-qy3nnqq1 Oh I didn't buy 2, buying two of the same weapons is defintely not intended as it glitches all those weapons in various ways. But jomsvikings are able to dual wield any weapon just like you can equip them with previous skins of weapons you have upgraded, but this is the first time mine dropped a weapon. And does it every time with atgeirs.

• SidSixT
    102 posts

@orldan Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much priority toward resolving this one. I just make sure not to equip my jomsviking with an atgeir, and I will not recruit any jomsvikings with an atgeir.

• orldan

@sidsixt Also pretty sure holding Q if offhanding an atgeir shouldn't just block but instead launch a charging type of attack, like every other weapon out there...

• SidSixT
    102 posts

@orldan That deserves a high-priority response. Weapons behaving oddly when a Jomsviking uses them is an annoyance. Weapons behaving oddly when a player uses them is a problem.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3348 posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for reaching out.

These issues should all have been addressed in Title Update 1.5.2.

You do need to have the Heavy Dual Wield Skill to equip two Atgeir weapons though, if you're still having issues, do you have this unlocked?

If you could please share any video examples of any of these issues still being present too, it'd be appreciated should they need to be re-raised.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics