ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MasterTro11
    Original poster 19 posts

@ubisoft.... I couldnt play last night bc server errors.... Whats up???

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4857 posts
    Best Answer

Thanks for this information @MasterTro11 - it's been noted.

In regards to the long load times, we've noticed a few reports of this, however as our investigation is still ongoing, it's likely a bi-product of the ongoing issues.

When we hear more on this investigation or a solution, we'll share this here.

Official Response
  • DERPRUNNER1234
    2 posts

I have tried every trouble shooting option there is and I still get this code popping up when I try to play. What do I do?

• EN075
    235 posts

@derprunner1234

when you get this error if you try doing the thing you were trying to do a second time do you still get the error?

I also find I get something like this if I’m playing in offline mode- i am amazed it still gives you an error even though you’ve specifically said you wanted to play in offline mode-

but yeah since the game got older I think they moved it to a different server or something- and it takes longer to connect to it. So once you load into the game, choose your mode and then when it gives you the option to launch just let it sit there for a couple minutes. Then you shouldn’t have any issue.

don’t bother with support- it’s inherently useless.

• DERPRUNNER1234
    2 posts

@en075 Yeah, I try it a 2nd time and it still doesn't work. I don't know if it's because I'm running it of Steam (which worked fine 1-2 months ago) or if it's just the servers shitting themselves. I just wanna open the store and use my prestige points but it won't let me open the store which is really [censored]. Kinda sad when a company stops caring about one of it's only good games lol.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5344 posts

Hi @derprunner1234 and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you are receiving a connection error in Ghost Recon Wildlands.

If you haven't already, could you go through the connectivity troubleshooting then try again.

If the issue persists please let us know.

Official Response
  • EN075
    235 posts

@derprunner1234

Yeah the store is the other issue I'm having in those first couple minutes after logging into the game. It's like the game takes a few minutes to sync our profile even though it's showing everything is fine.

I run a 350/350 connection and know from all the other times I've fallen for the "connectivity troubleshooting" requests it leads nowhere. They've got the game parked on some antiquated server and this is the result.

I'm a big fan of the scientific method... 4ck around and find out- which is one of the reasons why I've been able to brute force my way into the store and into coop games. I stumbled into this finding pretty much accidentally when I walked away from the game after loading in for a few minutes and found I didn't get any errors.

For example- you go in and immediately try the store... you'll get an error. If you try again immediately, you'll get an error. But log into the game, click to the main screen and let it sit there for a couple minutes... THEN try.

Not meaning to nag you like a psycho ex but I went through all this frustration and then some... to find out if I just considered the current server as a the abacus of servers and just gave it a little more time to connect and "sync my profile" even though the game is telling me it's already done...

I mean keep in mind, this is the game that will throw an error because it doesn't have a network connection when you're playing in offline mode.

I really want you to be able to get in there and cash in your prestige credits. There's some cool stuff in there for someone who enjoys the game... so I'm REALLY hoping you get your stuff.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi @EN075

Thank you for posting to make us aware you also face connectivity issues with Ghost Recon Wildlands, most notably in the store.

Our team offer our connectivity articles here, as a way to ensure the software has it's best chance of being able to communicate with our services. Making sure that this troubleshooting is carried out allows us to fix common problems, or move on to more tailored troubleshooting.

After following this guide, if any players are still encountering issues, please get in touch with our support team. You can do so by creating a ticket here, and attaching your system information will allow us to paint a better picture of how best to help you.

If you have any further questions, please be sure to let us know.
    Thank you!

Official Response
  • XxSHADOWCOMMAND
    72 posts

GETTING Ribera-40002 ERROR

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

Hey @xxshadowcommand

I'm sorry to hear you are getting a connection error. Can you let us know at what point you get this? Is it trying to play solo, or when trying to join co-op, or at the main menu?

Official Response
  • d.eisenga
    4 posts

I have the same issue. When I start the game (I'm on PC) and click 'continue campaign', I get the dialog saying "connecting to Ubisoft services, please wait". Then after about half a minute, it says "Ghost Recon Wildlands services are not available at this time. Please try again later. Ribera-40002".

I can close the dialog and still launch the game, however the daily challenges don't work ("Your connection to the Ubisoft servers has been lost. Please try again later. Oruro-00301"), nor does the store (same error).

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi @d-eisenga

Thanks for expanding on the original post with some further details here. Sorry to hear you're having similar issues connecting to our services.

Could you please follow our connectivity troubleshooting guide here, and confirm if this issue persists after following the steps? This guide should help with most connection issues, however if you still encounter problems, it'll serve to help us narrow down the cause.

Official Response
  • Armada991
    16 posts

I'm so sick of dealing with the crappy Ubisoft launcher. How hard is it to fix it??
    Spent an hour trying to connect in Ghostland Recon Wildlands Ghost mode to play with my friend and just got the stupid Ribera 40002 code. Fix this crap.

Re: [Ribera-40002](/topic/122086/ribera-40002)

• Nomad....Help
    20 posts

@ubi-nacho this has nothing to do with our connectivity. it's something all of the players experiencing. This is happening after May 12 when the servers crashed. Only fixable from your side Ubi.

• Jord-NL
    102 posts

The new way to start the game is:

1. Start Connect, start Wildlands. Get onto the main menu and wait. If not within a minute get the message you're online, you'll never get online. Exit WL and Connect.
    2. Start Connect, start Wildlands. Get onto the main menu and wait. If this time still not within a minute the message you're online, exit WL and Connect.
    3. Start Connect, start Wildlands. Get onto the main menu and wait. Normally now after 30 seconds the message comes that you're online and you can continue.
    4. But in the Lobby your friends may still be offline. You show Offline as well. It used to take 90 seconds from getting into this screen to getting into the game world proper if you here clicked on the large orange box. It now takes up to 5 minutes.
    5. When you do now get into the game it can take up to 5 minutes for the daily challenges window to populate. Go do some ruckus in the mean time, as a warm up. (*)
    6. And this every day.

They're making it extra difficult to start this game. I do not expect Ubisoft to fix this, last time they said they fixed it they made it worse, so maybe please do not fix it?

(*) But for today. It's been 15 minutes and the dailies don't show up at all. Now completely broken.

• Jord-NL
    102 posts

@jord-nl I fixed my connection problems by:

1. going into the Windows Firewall and removing the rules for Ghost Recon (these were 4 and had a space in front) AND the rules for Ghost Recon Igor (these 4 also had a space in front).
    2. going into my router and in port-forwarding set up rules to forward TCP 14000 to my IP address, as well as UDP 3074 - 3083, 6000, 6180 and 700​0.
    3. then I restarted Connect and the game and immediately everything worked. Still had to wait 3 minutes for the daily challenges window to populate, but at least it now did.

Before I never had to put those rules in my router, it worked for absolute years without the rules.

• Nomad....Help
    20 posts

@armada991 Looks like they are not gonna fix it. It started a year ago and it got worst since then. We reported it many times and on old forums but it never got fixed. It's very difficult to connect with all my team at once. Every time someone is getting an error and unable to connect with random teammate at a time. We try different combinations who will be the host sometimes it works for a while. It's very unpredictable if you will successfully join your friends every time you try. There is no pattern any more. it used to be one ribera error then you could connect but since the last server crash it's just very random.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3274 posts

Hey @jord-nl

Thanks for letting us know what steps you did to resolve it, including the port forwarding. I apologise for the inconvenience of having to do so, but for anyone still having the issue please go through those steps and see the connectivity guide we posted above.

Official Response
  • Jord-NL
    102 posts

@ubi-froggard Well, that did fix it for a day or two. It usually helps during my afternoon, but it doesn't fix it every time, like now in the evening. I've been trying to get connected for the past hour, so far bubkis.

• its11ajb
    1 posts

Have been trying to play online with some friends recently, and attempting to make an online session within the campaign gives all of us the "Ribera-1000B" error code, is there a way to fix this?
    Thank you!

• d.eisenga
    4 posts

@ubi-nacho
    I went through the connectivity guide, but it hasn't made a difference.

Edit -- A bit more info:
    I restarted both my router and my PC. Software is up to date. UPnP was already enabled. I flushed my DNS.

I didn't have port forwarding set up, but I was always able to play Wildlands before. I set it up now, but it hasn't helped.

I wasn't able to ping/trace because I don't know what URL/IP address to use.

Suggested Topics