ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Moved Solved [RESOLVED] [TU 1.6.0] Unable to play Assassin's Creed Origins due to pop-up window on launch | POST HERE

13 Likes/170 Replies/3959 Views
    P_UDDING
    Original poster 19 posts

Anyone else just having loading screen after installation on PC?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

As the issue originally investigated in this thread (Unable to launch Assassin's Creed Origin due to pop-up window on launch) has been resolved, we will now be locking this thread.

If you are still encountering trouble with Assassin's Creed Origins following the release of TU 1.6.0, such as crashes on launch, then we recommend that you create a new thread so we can look into this separately without deviating from the original topic of this thread. When creating a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible, including information such as error codes, system / platform specs, and what troubleshooting steps have already been tried.

Please note that we have two ongoing Megathreads for crash issues in Assassin's Creed Origins. You can check these out below:

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • C-Pick
    129 posts

@ubiaioli So is it live yet? It's 8:11 ET now, and it's still not downloading for me.

• Ryusennin
    164 posts

The patch is live (CEST). I'm downloading it right now on PC and PS4.

• izzyadero512
    2 posts

@ubiaioli 8:28 am here and nothing on the Series X.

• izzyadero512
    2 posts

Where’s the update, Ubisoft?

• Theeseng
    2 posts

@p_udding yup, the same.

• iChaosPaladin
    31 posts

Patch just broke game in Ubisoft Connect PC, after press Enter game asking me to buy the full game

• Pablito17031995
    2 posts

@ubiaioli still waiting for patch on Xbox séries X... Hurry up!

• aznewsh
    3 posts

@p_udding Yes I am having the same issue, impossible to start the game. Stuck in an infinite loop attempting to force me to purchase Valhalla (which I already own anyway! No way to get out of this!!

• Remmi_Demmi
    5 posts

@ubiaioli no update here in Germany on series x

• iChaosPaladin
    31 posts

Srsly? Video: (https://streamable.com/em9r8z)

• Qstlijku
    39 posts

@aznewsh Same here. Also, I’m unable to play while offline either. Not sure if this is intentional to require an online connection, or the game thinks I’m playing on a Free Weekend Trial which typically does require players to be online if they don’t own the full game.

• KristophDeLove
    2 posts

@p_udding Yup same here and I only bought the game yesterday 😕

• NextCascade7547
    9 posts

Still nothing on Xbox One

• SwingPenguin
    1 posts

After updating 1.6, I can't enter start screen.
    Stuck in Valhalla free weekend advertisement.
    This page keep loading and can't be skipped.
    ESC is not working, Enter do nothing but purchase Valhalla.

• WildHunt
    222 posts

Hi,

My game just updated and I launched it curious as to what the update is. Unfortunately, the game is no longer playable for me.

When I launch the game I get a pop-up I am not able to skip and it is forever loading asking me to buy the full game even though I already own it. What is even more strange is if I try to buy the game even though I already own it (I am just trying to get rid of the pop-up at this point), it is asking me to buy AC Valhalla on Epic Game Store, a game I also own (on the Epic Game Store as well). There is no way I can escape this endless loop.

I have tried 4 times now to get around this but nothing is working and I eventually have to task manager to close the game down.

I have recorded a video of the endless loop.: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Lvq9tMouaeyBJwVaZviKGEhweE0gXEdS/view?usp=sharing)

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2683 posts

Hey @p_udding , @iChaosPaladin , and @aznewsh - thanks for your messages about this! I understand you've not been able to start the game up after the patch, and it's asking about Valhalla for some reason - that's really unusual! My sincerest apologies for this!

Can you try verifying the game files for me? Let me know if that solves the issue and allows the game to launch.

If not, please then go on and do the rest of our troubleshooting guide. In particular, make sure to run the game with admin rights, make sure your GPU drivers and Windows install are both fully updated, and check for background programs or processes that might cause a conflict (such as graphics or system optimisers). Again, if you could let me know if those steps solve the issue, I'd appreciate that.

If it still doesn't work after any of that, let me know, and I'll explain some next steps. My apologies again for the inconvenience.

@Qstlijku and @iChaosPaladin , thanks so much as well - your posts came in while I was writing this. Please see the above steps as well.

Official Response
  • frytom
    9 posts

@wildhunt
    I can confirm this heavy bug. It happens to me too.
    I don't know, if it's only a server-sided problem or "just" a heavy bug inside the new 1.6 update for PC. In this current state, it's an unplayable horror.

• Ryusennin
    164 posts

I'm having the exact same bug on PC -- Origins is stuck on title screen with the only option to "upgrade to full game". The irony is that I already have the ultimate edition of Valhalla. Come on Ubisoft, you really can't release anything that isn't bugged these days?

• PyroMii
    1 posts

@wildhunt the same here. FIX IT PLEASE

Suggested Topics