ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JuuzouSuzuya01
    Original poster 25 posts

Do Odin runes stack? For example if I use 2 muninn's alacrity (1 on a bow and 1 on a sword) does the speed boost or duration increase.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@juuzousuzuya01
    I don't have them, but if they are like "diamond runes" they won't stack,
    seems that (if I'm right) only "Round runes" can stack from Bow to Weapon in Active hand, but they don't stack from Unused hand to Active one
    🙂

• JuuzouSuzuya01
    Original poster 25 posts

@azullfr I thought diamond runes did stack

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@juuzousuzuya01
    sadly not, they changed it some Updates ago (too overpowered in their opinion ... that's why I liked to stack them)
    Now it's a bit messy : every time you change one weapon you have to verify if a Diamond rune is not used twice, if yes, then you have to search in the list ... not funny 😞

• JuuzouSuzuya01
    Original poster 25 posts

@azullfr yeah. I like to ability to stack strong effects because it enables more build diversity.

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@azullfr while I do not know if multiple diamond runes of the same type stack, it looks to me like the runes from all three weapons are active

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@juuzousuzuya01 I tend to use similar runes, so lots of "when close to full health" or "each hit increases XXX up to 10 times"

• JuuzouSuzuya01
    Original poster 25 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I've been trying to find the chained perfection rune (the one that increases crit damage every hit) but have not seen it once in about 300 hours of gameplay.

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    from the last tests I've done :
    putting fire effects (Diamond and Rond runes) on my not used hand did nothing while using a specific speed oriented weapon on main hand (can't be done with 2 spears as they act nearly together)
    But I may have to do more tests

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@juuzousuzuya01
    @SpirantCrayon22

I have 5 of them in 900 hours :
    found at shop :
    1° = ?
    2° = January 13, 2021
    3° = February 24, 2021
    4° = July 9, 2021
    5° = January 28, 2022

3 per year : that's not a lot

Note : there is a trick to "renew the runes shop" =
    once you level-up go to a shop ,

1. beware ! make a manual save just in front of the shop
    2. look at runes
    3. if not good reload the manual save

!!! take care !!! using this method but for showing to Ubi that there was a problem with Runes Lists Caps (mounths ago) = I lost the Rune vendor at Repton, he never came back .....

For the runes stack : if I'm wrong that's good news 🙂

• JuuzouSuzuya01
    Original poster 25 posts

@azullfr I am planning on using this method next time I level up but thanks for the warning

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@juuzousuzuya01
    @SpirantCrayon22
    I just made a test with Diamond "More distance damage / full health" ( I don't know the English name ) =
    on the Einherjar bow which as this perk using another same rune does not stack, meanwhile every other "while full health" will work fine 🙂
    Same result when using this "More distance damage / full health" rune on an hand weapon = still no stack

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@azullfr not completely sure what you've found; I had "close to full health" runes on all three weapons and they were all showing above the health bar

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@juuzousuzuya01 I have found River Raids are fairly good for diamond runes, certainly Great runes are quite plentiful

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    at least on PS4 pro :
    Different "close to full health" runes will stack // same ones won't,

example :

1,2 or 3 "More distance damage while close to full health" runes give me always this result :

• visual = the good rune's icon but only one is shown even with 3 runes

• stats = always at 139.7 (verified the other stats = same result, none changed, normal, they weren't affected by this rune)

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@azullfr right, thanks - I thought you might have been saying that the off-hand weapon runes did not stack even if they were different

• azullFR
    2367 posts

@spirantcrayon22

I thought you might have been saying that the off-hand weapon runes did not stack even if they were different

well, you know what ?
    this happened !
    during tests I used the "More distance damage while close to full health" on off-hand shield, and nowhere else = no rune symbols shown !!! ,
    I fast travelled = same result,
    I had to un-equip the off-hand weapon, change it, then using the rune on another weapon, then reverted back to the shield only and that was finally ok ....
    seems that on PS4 pro it can be tricky to have runes correctly applied ...

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@azullfr it's not the first comment that's been made about stats and runes, I don't think so at least, but it's not a huge problem for me - thanks for the testing

• JuuzouSuzuya01
    Original poster 25 posts

@spirantcrayon22 why is the chained perfection rune so much rarer than any other rune?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1855 posts

@juuzousuzuya01

Ha! I don't know whether it is rarer, but it's a long time since I collected at least one of all the runes.

There's the method of saving before visiting a shop, that's pretty useful for speeding up a very slow process so it's only "slow". High-level enemies are useful, so Hampshire and Winchester. River Raids, too. Fair few runes drop from people and chests. For the River Raids don't bother with the crew, just get off the boat and kill all enemies by yourself, then call the crew to help open the big chests (if you can be bothered). Giving money to beggars used to drop a diamond rune, think there are three near the river in London, north bank, but something happened to that mechanism and I haven't used it for ages.

Suggested Topics