ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 2072 posts

I have been playing this game since the launch and I don’t think I can recall the Ubisoft Connect Weekly Challenges ever repeating like this. I just knocked out the remainder of the challenges yesterday, only to notice today that the same challenges have come back, and the total number of achievable points and opal rewards has increased. I’m also shocked to see the community challenge time limit extended substantially... what is going on here???

In the above screenshot from my account, you can see that it shows I had completed two of the challenges that are being repeated with less than five days remaining in the week.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2531 posts

@thenorfolkian the time limit of the first one is the long one, the new one has the shorter limit, also I'm pretty sure I got the opal for the first and the second goes

• TheNorfolkian

@spirantcrayon22 I went ahead and completed the next set of challenges...

• TheNorfolkian

Also, I just now noticed that the two community challenges are different, even though they have the same goals. The totals are different. In the above post, you can see the community total kills for the top-most challenge, but the second one with the shorter time limit below is nearly 20k lower, though catching up...

This makes the situation very weird. Identical challenges at different time limits...

• azullFR
    3091 posts

@thenorfolkian
    once again things are different in my 2 accounts :

• account Z = max Opals to earn = 60 (same as you)
    • account 2 = max Opals to earn = 50 😂 !

The only difference between the 2 accounts is that I didn't played in the "account 2" yesterday ( = the day they made the duplication of challenges),
    that's not very important but this shows how things are "well" implemented 😉

• XBL_Laberbacke
    690 posts

@thenorfolkian Where can you see the challenge stats like that? It's clearly (?) not the Connect client. Some Ubi website?

• Fridrihby
    633 posts
    Where can you see the challenge stats like that? It's clearly (?) not the Connect client. Some Ubi website?

https://ubisoftconnect.com/en-GB/game/assassins-creed-valhalla/PC/challenges/?challengesType=WeeklyChallenge

• azullFR
    3091 posts

@fridrihby
    maybe it's from the phone appi

on PS4 these stats are visible by using the in-game main menu >> Ubiconnect >> Challenges :

1. Main Menu : access to Ubiconnect by bottom right or bottom left
    2. After clicking Ubiconnect, the first window :
    3. Once "Challenge tab" choosen = challenges stats :

stats are shown in a different way but they are there 🙂

• TheNorfolkian

@azullfr That fact that platform clients aren’t showing what the source website is showing makes this even stranger.

@XBL_Laberbacke I’ve never used any clients... I‘ve always used the source that @Fridrihby shared.

• azullFR
    3091 posts

@thenorfolkian
    Maybe it's a requirement from Sony ?
    When you make a video capture using Sony button "Share", you can can capture the Game, the Game menu but as soon as you open Ubiconnect there is nothing shown in the Video capture, I exclusively can make screenshot (with the same "Share" button)

@Fridrihby
    sorry, in fact I was responding to @XBL_Laberbacke
    thanks to you for this link, I didn't knew it 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22
    2531 posts

the first of the hundred million kills has just finished

second probably early tomorrow morning

• azullFR
    3091 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    many thanks for this info
    I'm gonna claim for it right now ! 🙂

... done : the account shown in the previous screenshot N°3 have been updated : it is now showing that I can claim 60 Opals max 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22
    2531 posts

actually the second community challenge is about to finish as I type this

• TheNorfolkian

Just collected... 60 Opal and 300 XP seems like a pretty sweet glitch... if it really is a glitch.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5454 posts

Hey guys,

Thank you for your reports on this, we appreciate it!

As the next challenges are 17hrs out, we'll keep an eye on this.

Please let us know if this continues when the challenges change over and we'll update the team.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics