ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Eagleyezx
    Original poster 138 posts

Hey Ghosts,

Wish you're all well.

One of our modders in the GMoney Mozart discord made a great sound mod for GRB ( Authentic War Mod: (https://www.nexusmods.com/ghostreconbreakpoint/mods/13?tab=posts) ) and it inspired me to play around with sound effects in a video.

Here is an update on the mod from the creator himself:

"Hey folks! I'm glad you're enjoying the latest update.
    On the next patch you will see some big changes to enemy AI dialogue lines so the battlefield will feel more realistic. 

1. Disabled sound dialogues for such behaviors are as follows:
    - all talking while patrolling (not in combat state).
    - when shout that they've killed someone (that's not a normal behavior for a soldier).
    - you won't hear them shout when taking cover and moved somewhere (in combat guns and explosions are loud so you would be very lucky If you would hear or understand enemy's talk from a few feet). That will also help to flank you as a player more so if some player liked lone wolf gameplay experience before this might not suit your playstyle anymore.
    - talking after losing player's line of sight.

2. Sound dialogues that will not be disabled are when enemy AI:
    - shout while avoiding frag grenades / flashbangs.
    - shout when they throwing frags, bangs, shoot rockets?
    - is affected by a flashbang (but you won't hear them talking and screaming, I will re-edit so you will just hear them screaming from a pain).
    - shout when they pointed that someone from their team is KIA, for example "Echo 1 is down!".
    - investigate something in a suspicious state.

All sounds that are not disabled will go into extensive re-edit where those voice lines will feel more authentic / realistic and appropriate to the situation, both before (investigate state) and during firefights.

After Enemy AI update I will upload another patch with revamped weapon sounds for HK 416 variants."

My point is I think GRB needs a massive sound effect and music revamp for the next game.

GRW had a lot going on in the world and that's why it didn't feel lifeless. I'm not a big fan of the music, but each to their own. GRB could have had more military and combat sounds to make it more gritty, realistic and raw.

In the next game I hope to see:

• The Ghost team in radio communication with a mother base so that there is an authentic spec op feel. Motherland was an okay start but that should have been introduced at the beginning of the game, even if you were in radio communication with Erewon.
    • We need to hear hostiles sound more aggressive when attacking and sounds of agony when hostiles getting hit.
    • Ghosts if wearing radio headsets need radio communication sounds.
    • Ghost lead and Ghosts need more shout outs and communication when engaging hostiles.
    • The music in Motherland is much better than the main game. But we need more variety and we need gritty music played in the background. You should be able to disable of course.

Anyways here is my video and I hope Ubiflop the mod and video can inspire the next game. Personally, I don't play the game now without gritty music in the background and it is much more fun.

Gameplay with Spartan Realism Mod: (https://www.nexusmods.com/ghostreconbreakpoint/mods/4) + Authentic Warfare Mod.

Eagleyezx out,

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics