ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• lessavini
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm having a blast with Op Motherland but Sync Shots make things too easy, marring an otherwise great experience. I've opened another thread asking when in the campaign enemies would start to counter my drone/crosscom/syncshots with jammers and such, and if I was missing something, but after a little reseach I see that's intended by design. A shame.

I don't think I need to go through the problems this feature brings in it's current form, suffice to say it obviates every other approach/tactic/feature as you can just drone bases from safety while your godlike teammates sync-shot enemies with little chance of detection and virtually no chance of missing shots (even through surfaces, sometimes even underground). Rinse and repeat. For a tactical game, this is game killer. The only obstacle being the "Seeker" bodark enemies, whose cloaking manage to slip from syncing here and there making things more challenging (and interesting), but sadly they're not consistent in this ability. 

Now, I understand Sync Shot was a good idea back in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier but in that game it was more strict, with line-of-sight mattering more, and tighter maps imposing a bigger risk of retaliation. Besides, FS was primarily an action game, Ubi's answer to CoD at the time, with a (thin) layer of tactics so it could still be called a Ghost Recon game. In other words, Sync Shots made sense in that game. Here it doesn't, at least not in the current form.  

So, going forward I urge the devs to revise this mechanic. Make teammates more accountable, with their line-of-sight mattering (bring back teammates laser-tracing from FS), as well as their detection by enemies while maneuvering to seek LOS. Also, limit teammates sync shots based on their specialty/weapon range. So Fury can't hit far away enemies, only Vasily (for eg). And perhaps more important, give the enemy tools to hamper drone/sync-shot usage, in different degrees of challenge for the player. Perhaps start with some kind of "drone-radar" forcing the player to maneuver around detection spots/altitudes or get his position detected. Then have drone jammers that impose "no-drone" zones over bases, so the player has to resort to binoculars or other riskier means of setting sync shots. Finish with some "lights out" bases where even the player/crosscom UI is turned off and the player can set sync-shots only through his weapon crosshair. And of course, have the "Seekers" cloaking tech used to better effect, with more consitency in avoiding sync-shots altogether. Maybe even have some heavy combat drones cloaked.

That's it. As a old veteran who fell in love with the series back in 2001 on PC (and also loved Summit Strike, Advanced Warfighter 1/2 and Future Soldier), I'm honestly in awe for what you guys pulled out with Operation Motherland. The Immersion mode, Ghost experience, and cutting edge speculative tech like optic camo and various kinds of drones really bring forth the spirit of Tom Clancy and the series. But there's still room for improvement, specially regarding sync shots. 

Thanks for you attention.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1286 posts

Unfortunately, and sadly, the studio decided to water this game so much that not even the casuals liked it very much, hence, why they had to come up with the Immersive Experience and Motherland but by then it was too late as the core of the game was flawed.

We are now on a waiting game on whether they will get bought by another company or they will listen to the community and come up with the proper GR game.

Meanwhile, I guess they feel that Xdefecation and Flatline will have to do.

Personally, I thought that Future Soldier, while a good shooter, was not even close being a TC/GR game but I agree with you that the sync shots were at least more strict and mature and not as childish as Wildlands and now BP. Sad state of affairs when a Rated M (for mature) game turns out to be more of a Rated G for up to 10 year olds.

Full potential not withstanding of course

Suggested Topics