ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gamecrusher447
    Original poster 111 posts

So I love the specialization weapons for each their own reasons. Except for the technician. Why? Because a seekermine is more likely to succeed in the job that rocket launcher was made for. The rockets don't go around cover and I even had it happen where I had enemies turn into F1 cars and straight up outrun the missiles. This includes juggernauts. A seeker does go around cover and keeps following the target till it can hit and if you feel like your seeker might miss you can just call it off. With seekermine cluster variation you can target multiple enemies so that's another thing the seeker and the rocket launcher have incommen. And last the rocket launcher is a specialization weapon so you have limited ammo. Meanwhile a seekermine can be dropped every 20 to 30 seconds.

I think their should be some changes made to the specialization weapon. Or even change the weapon itself (tho I doubt that would happen).
    I'm going to be honest tho. I couldn't come up with any way to change it. So to people reading this and you agree. Feel free to post your ideas. Or if you disagree tell me why.
    (Also srry for bad spelling and grammer)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Crash.ToDesktop
    51 posts

@gamecrusher447
    I agree wholeheartedly. For the love of all that is holy, replace the Technician Launcher with something more effective and fun to use, because in it's current guise, it's absolutely egregious. It's the only Specialization Weapon that needs to be locked on to a target, and it's the only Specialization Weapon that enemies can actually dodge, and there's absolutely nothing you as the player can do about it, because everything is taken out of the player's hands. It removes all skill from using the weapon, resulting in very poor performance and removing any fun you get from using it.

You know what would require skill AND be more fun to use? A regular, single-shot, unguided launcher. We've already got some animations from Iron Horse, where 3 of the boss encounters involve the use of dropped Carl Gustaf / MAAWS recoilless rifles. Make a slightly modified Division-acceptable MAAWS model, create some reload and swap animations, and you've got a dramatically more fun weapon (of course I'm oversimplifying, but you get the idea). Maybe as a side benefit, give it high weakpoint damage, similar to how the Crossbow has high armor plate damage, so it rewards you for targeting enemies vulnerable to such attacks like Tanks, Grenadiers, etc.

• xcel30
    945 posts

Got 5 words for you: Explosive-seeker-spider-drone-launcher

• Cathulhu
    2 posts

Agreed. And the long lock-on time even adds to the agony.
    Just give him some suicide flying drones, accelerate the lock-on and have at 'em.
    Infinitely better.

• Traumahawk
    122 posts

Always felt the technican class was silly. Why don't we have a overcharge special ability instead? Instead of ammo limitations, should be just like the buff.

• gamecrusher447
    Original poster 111 posts

@Crash-ToDesktop I love the Idea of using the carl gustav as specialization weapon. It's strong rocket launcher and is reloadable. And as you said, they already have some models for it that they can use. Seeing that it is an anti-tank weapon it would make sense (imo) it would do more damage to warhounds/drones/turrets etc. This is a good thing since that's already something the technician is capable of but at the same time it does good damage all around which gives the technician the damage dealer it needs.

I also did some research on rocket launchers they could use before I posted this and wanted to say the at4. But that is a single use rocket launcher.

• HybridFreak
    15 posts

I always figured the weapon not being all that useful was to help balance the fact that the specialization gives you +1 skill tier.

• supadrumma4411
    20 posts

Honestly nearly all the spec weapons are in a pretty bad spot. Now I wont say "completely useless" but definitely underwhelming considering how damn long it takes to swap to the bloody things. People say to me all the time "blah blah tac50 and crossbow good vs armour plates" yet the time it takes to switch to the actual weapon I could've continued shooting with my current weapon and broken the plate anyway. Anyone who has built their character correctly won't have issues with breaking armour plates in the first place let alone need to swap to a spec weapon to do it.

Minigun gets you killed. Its doesn't give you [censored] bonus armour to compensate for the fact you cant take cover until you holster it, its [censored] dumb(Should give 50% damage REDUCTION when in use), Sniper doesn't do [censored] for damage (My ekim's long stick/white death out damages it 80% of the time-and I know its all about hitting weak points and headshots dont @me) Crossbow is decent moreso due to cc'ing the enemy it hits for a few seconds (big [censored] whoop) Nade launcher is only good vs groups of red/purple bars and doesn't do [censored] to armour(splits its damage to each armour piece which is dumb) missile launcher has hitbox issues and is far more likely to hit your skills and kill you then reliably kill any enemies. Or just not hit anything when its target jumps into cover because the missiles are so [censored] slow.

For me the biggest problem I have with spec weapons is this: reduced damage vs named enemies aka the enemies you would actually WANT to use the spec weapon for. Why would you wanna waste spec ammo on random mooks I just dont get some of the [censored] decisions the devs have made regarding this game. NO ONE wants to use these weapons on red and purple bar enemies, they should be reserved for the big swinging [censored] in the room enemies with yellow bars and a name above their head but nooooo Massive in their infinite wisdom are like "no fun for you have fun shooting this dude that can 2 tap your armor on legendary a million times to kill him"

The only reason I like the flamethrower is if I know where enemies are gonna spawn from I can easilly kill 5-10 of the [censored] with a single burst of fire. In that scenario the aoe fire dot is justified. Funny as [censored] with the EP set too can just chain entire spawns to death with fire.

All the spec weapons are clunky as [censored] for pretty mediocre damage for how rare their ammo is. In 1k+ hours in this game, I think I have seen maybe 20 players out of hundreds I have played with even use their spec weapons for anything. And those players that actually use the spec weapons? ONLY use them to proc TotS damage buff. That speaks louder than words.

• echolecter
    354 posts

@supadrumma4411 Think this pretty much sums up what I think of them too. Only use flamethrower as it can be very usefull at times, it also works great against the drones, and occasionally switch to the grenade laucher. Only reason I pick and choose which one to carry is if there are attributes in the tree that are usefull to the specific gear set equiped. But who knows what changes they are going to apply in future updates that makes all of them usefull. If not they might just as well remove them and use the hold-button for switching to pistols.

• Crash.ToDesktop
    51 posts

@supadrumma4411
    I like the Crossbow the most, the Flamethrower is too range restricted for my liking (unless I'm running EP, then it's toasting time). Also helps that I'm a masochist and use Ongoing Directive as my main build, so I'm always wading through Crossbow ammo - and I do like spamming out Crossbow bolts, not because they proc bleed, but to reduce wasting my Hollow-Point Ammo on armor plates, especially Warhounds which, alas, do not bleed. The Minigun for me has a niche usage on Tip of the Spear, whip it out to clear a room in record time with the chunky damage boost from the chestpiece.

Those two aside, can't recall the last time I specifically took out the other Specialization Weapons. Kinda drifting off-top now since this is about the Technician launcher, though.

• Whiskytex
    79 posts

It, like all the specialization weapons, need more punch. And I agree with the sentiment that they take too long to switch to.

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

Personally, I think it works great for it's intended purpose: eliminating warhounds, tanks and, skill proxies(except for those dam legendary suicide drones which are way too freakin fast, if they were slower it would be a great counter tho.) I think the reason it isn't that useful on fleshy enemies is well... they didn't want it to be used in that way. You have the rest of your build to take out normal mobs. Your specialization weapon is only supposed to be used in special situations, hence the name.

also, here's a couple tips for using said launcher:
    after you lock on to an enemy or enemies, aim straight up, then fire. the missiles will have a better chance at avoiding obstacles if they're coming down from above.

for anybody who doesn't know(I didn't) you can hold down the fire button after you've locked on to an enemy to build up missiles then release them all at once. idk if that seems obvious but it wasn't to me.

like I said in the first part of this post, you should only be using this on warhounds, tanks, and skill proxies. Otherwise just use your skills and gun to take out regular mobs.

• supadrumma4411
    20 posts

@metal_greg "Spec weapon only good against x" is stupid game design

• Asto_Aesma
    8 posts

@supadrumma4411
    I think a lot of people dont use the weapons due to the time it takes to switch to them. If the speed would be increased it would make it a lot easier to use them.

Also, losing the ammo as soon as you look at something is simply bad design, honestly...

• reyzapper
    6 posts

Not only technician, all spec weapon needs a rework.
    for example tac50 ammo needs to spawn at the player while it's done generated, it's like you're not supposed to running arround unto enemy's face while battle still going on using long range sniper/rifle build.

• Asto_Aesma
    8 posts

@reyzapper That would help a massive amount as well into making these barely used weapons more manageable.

• xcel30
    945 posts

Well i guess thats part of the reason for the spec rework in the next season

• TheWongMethod
    1 posts

@gamecrusher447 I really hope the spec rework gets to change this. If you watch the countdown trailer, there is a scene where the launcher is used, but the missiles behave more like rockets, fast and straight and damaging through cover. That's what I'm hoping for, a blind fire mode.

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

@supadrumma4411 How? It's a team-based game. Each team member is supposed to fill a specific roll, Specializations help with that. You have the rest of your loadout to take out regular mobs so you shouldn't really need to rely on your specialization for killing. If they made the spec weapons good on all mobs you wouldn't even really need to make a build. Why make a build when you're carrying around an OP weapon that can* kill anything without being specced into.

*fixed grammar

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

@supadrumma4411

People say to me all the time "blah blah tac50 and crossbow good vs armour plates" yet the time it takes to switch to the actual weapon I could've continued shooting with my current weapon and broken the plate anyway.

Then maybe they need to strengthen armor plates. From my experience, heavies don't seem all that tanky even in legendary. Given how much armor they have compared to the rest of the enemies, they should definitely be a lot harder to kill.

Suggested Topics