ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GreenGila 0
    Original poster 1 posts

An important game mechanic is now broken in game.  Builds.  Division 2 is a gear based game and is fun because you can quickly min/max a new build when you are bored or frustrated with an old build during the end game.  This new system discourages you from this path and rewards you being locked into upgraded builds.

Skills for me are the best thing to upgrade because they are account wide, whereas guns and armour are specific to each character.  Guns are the next best because they easily move between builds.  Armour seems somewhat pointless to upgrade.

Why has the proficiency system been added?  The proficiency system adds zero to the game apart from a time sync and complexity for new players.  The proficiency system rewards those who are time rich and punishes those who are time poor.  The proficiency system breaks game play.  You are encouraged to run broken builds that don't work and the rest of the team suffers in group play because of it.  The proficiency system sucks the fun out of the game because you end up not using the guns/armour/skills you like and enjoy using because you are "encouraged" to level out another.  It's just boring.

The costs are so high for the expertise system that they could easily drop the proficiency system and keep the costs as they are and it will make little impact except to help those who are time poor.  Those who are time rich already have expertise level 20 and have maxed out at least one or more skill/weapon to level 20 already.  Compare that to a little farming to min/max out your gear before.

Countdown.  I like this game mode.  Auto starting countdown would be great or make it clearer to the raid leader they can start the raid. Could you please make it so the loot comes at the end of the raid instead of during the raid as it breaks game play.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

@greengila-0 personally i'd have been happier if you could level up certain gear types all at once. So if i want a level 20 smg for example, i could level all smgs at the same time, so if i didnt like one at level 20, i could try another thats already at level 20 as ive put the time and resources in so i could swap between different smgs etc until i find one i like for that build. Whereas now i would have to level another smg all the way to 20...

I agree though, its going to limit trying new builds so heavily. I prefer lmgs but i dont mind ars an smgs etc too, but why would i switch from the lmgs ive levelled to 18 now to an smg that is just proficient when im losing 20% damage there? Same with chests for example, if i level them all up at the same time to 20, then i can swap an choose as i please and tey new things out without losing more armour. It will limit everything the same and is already creating a power gap in the dz with those who have higher ranked weapons to those that dont.

I have had time recently to plow into it, however with the new apparel event it'll probably be after ive done that begore i work on getting to 20, may need another 40 hours worth of play time i estimate to go from 18 to 20 and still have mules left with watch levels to do something with. I feel bad for those new players just starting as this is going to create a power vacuum from hardcore with time on their hands to those who dont as you say.

This will be significantly more prominent in a few more months when those who play casual are potentially a full 15% red down on damage compared to someone who has had time to throw into it. Then it will create the matchmaking snobbery of booting people not at a certain level etc etc... i dont think the long term effects were thought through enough unless their intention is to do this and create a divide.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    552 posts

@greengila-0
    proficiency/expertise
    A lot people seem to ask regularly for more guns, gear, exotics, attributes, talents, mods, skills … more grind and apparel. I assume they invented it to make the grinders happy, looking for quick cheap content, much easier than new playable content.

For the ones begging for years for more demanding playable content and legendary it does not make sense because Expertise makes you even stronger.

I have several friends who play PvP only. They ignored Expertise for a while. Now I see them countless hours in Countdown 😊

Countdown
    Right, I played it a bit to check that Expertise stuff, how it works. Well, sometimes I cannot see the NPCs because of all the loot and shield guys in front of my nose, everyone running around like a chicken 😊. Yeah, why there is no time to pick that loot stuff up at the end … is it for the fun? 😊

I wonder whether the majority of the Countdown players are playing it because of the gameplay or because of the grinder heaven concept.

Suggested Topics