ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nevvyn
    Original poster 32 posts

Please make them craftable, or consider adding an exotic component to the end of legendaries so they can be farmed properly.

Currently, it's either a random drop, or weekly projects, which doesn't net you anywhere near enough for the new proficiency mechanic.

This results in gamers being gamers, and finding ways to cheese it. The current cheese is to create a new character, run it up to level 30 with the boost, buy the shared mats and use that to do the weekly project, then delete the character and do it again.

One exotic component every ten minutes.

This can't be doing the read/write on save files any good.

Being able to farm it by doing back to back legendries is a much nicer mechanic.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Im_Pine
    153 posts

I completely agree with you.

I made a post suggesting that they should be craftable and for some reason it attracted a lot of bad people hellbent on gatekeeping.

Regardless of how everyone feels about the hard grind the Expertise System requires, Exotic Components are the single requirement that cannot be crafted by players. Every other component can be accrued via direct SHD Points Expense or by using the SHD Points for other lower level crafting and then crafting up, like SHD Calibration and Recon Data which can be crafted from Ceramics, Steel, Carbon Fiber, etc.

My proposal is:

1 Exotic Component:

500 Receiver Components
    500 Protective Fabric
    250 Printer Filaments
    100 Recon Data
    50 SHD Calibration

This makes the creation of Exotic Components part of the high leveling economy. Recon Data comes by easy by crafting or Summit and SHD Calibration from Countdown, which also nets a lot of loot for the other materials.

It also creates an alternate loop where you can consider Exotic Recalibration because you could get the Components by crafting instead of Expertise competing with it.

• TheDivisionXray
    2 posts
    Please make them craftable, or consider adding an exotic component to the end of legendaries so they can be farmed properly.

Currently, it's either a random drop, or weekly projects, which doesn't net you anywhere near enough for the new proficiency mechanic.

This results in gamers being gamers, and finding ways to cheese it. The current cheese is to create a new character, run it up to level 30 with the boost, buy the shared mats and use that to do the weekly project, then delete the character and do it again.

One exotic component every ten minutes.

This can't be doing the read/write on save files any good.

Being able to farm it by doing back to back legendries is a much nicer mechanic.

I don't understand how you can level a new character from Level 0 to Level 30 in 10 minutes. Is there something I'm missing or are details missing from the discussion?

• TheDivisionXray
    2 posts
    This results in gamers being gamers, and finding ways to cheese it. The current cheese is to create a new character, run it up to level 30 with the boost, buy the shared mats and use that to do the weekly project, then delete the character and do it again.One exotic component every ten minutes.

What I don't understand is how a new player can Level 0 to Level 30 in 10 minutes. Is there something I'm missing or any additional details?

• Whiskytex
    79 posts

Having hit Expertise level 15, I'm definitely seeing this being an issue in the near future.

I've got a stash of duplicate exotics, and I'm saving all my Countdown Reqs, but having been very selective about what I upgrade, I'm still gonna be hurting soon.

So yeah, def agree we need just a little help in getting more, but they don't need to make it rain. Keep it interesting without it being a kick to the groin.

• SuspiciousPixel
    546 posts

@nevvyn How about for reach item we make proficient we get one exotic component. That's 344 exotic components for free!
    Regarding crafting them, that gets a no from me. There should be more frequent global events for exotic farming.

Re: Gatekeeper guy, I hope he finds the Keymaster!

• Im_Pine
    153 posts

@whiskytex I'm Expertise 20 and I have a loadout almost maxed out now.

There's definitely a problem with the Exotic Requirement. A single piece requires dozens of Exotics, let alone a loadout.

I play a lot every day and even I am struggling to keep up with the materials needed, specially with the mediocre Armor gains.

The system has to be revised and Exotic Components being craftable is the perfect proposal. There is realistically no other long term solution.

• Nevvyn
    Original poster 32 posts

@thedivisionxray Log in.. do the tutorial, talk to the guy, pick a skill, pick the level 30 boost. Voila. You're level 30 in about 5-6 minutes.

• Nevvyn
    Original poster 32 posts

@suspiciouspixel That's not really sustainable though, you'll get 344, but that also means you'll get 100 before you really need to be using them. It would just be easier to add them as craftable, or, add them as a legendary reward.. a bit like farming keys on razorback. You get one freebie every week, and if you want to put the time in you can grind the rest.

• Traumahawk
    113 posts

It is not random. You can play 3-4 games of Countdown and buy an exotic cache and get the component you need.

• SuspiciousPixel
    546 posts

Imagine they made this cache a weekly project

• Whiskytex
    79 posts

@suspiciouspixel Nice! Did not know that was coming this soon. Figured they hum and haw for another week or two.

And yeah, make that a weekly thing. Maybe run all Legendary missions and clear the invaded missions on Heroic to earn. The more directives, the more you get.

• WrecK3rr
    377 posts

I agree. There should an activity or two in the game which grants guaranteed exotic components, if not exotics. Something re-farmable.

• WrecK3rr
    377 posts

@suspiciouspixel

I haven't jumped in after the maintenance today but can you confirm
    if they have permanently raised material caps already? Or is this something scheduled for the future?
    They edited their announcement post earlier and now it says, they have permanently increased material caps.

• SuspiciousPixel
    546 posts

@wreck3rr raised, only resources haven't which are still at 250 (water, components, food)

• WrecK3rr
    377 posts

@suspiciouspixel Nice! This change is much appreciated! I'm happy.

• Nevvyn
    Original poster 32 posts

@whiskytex Now, thats not a bad idea at all.. Make the expertise compensation cache a weekly reward for clearing all your weekly missions or something..

• Im_Pine
    153 posts

@nevvyn I think that would be a bit excessive. That Cache is actually way too good to get one each week.

Maybe it's time to get a Monthly or Biweekly Project? I remember Star Wars The Old Republic had Daily, Weekly and Monthly Projects which awarded a rising amount of rewards for endgame farming.

So maybe call it something like "Expertise Project" and have it every two weeks.

That would be perfect, IMO.

• BT3241
    184 posts

They raised the inventory I have 151/999. If you got material back from them that you lost I think they had 25 in the package. You have the summit and get one for doing 10 floors, there is usually a project that rewards an exotic and the material project. I usually get at least one exotic a day. I got three today grinding. They are suppose to be rare items. The only thing I don't like is the big slot machine to re-roll exotics it rarely pays off. I also noticed they don't have a blueprint for the blue screen an exotic LMG that I wanted to try but that project is on hold until these guys can get their act together and release the blue print.

• Nevvyn
    Original poster 32 posts

@bt3241 There were 55 in that package, and I'm not sure what the inventory cap raise has to do with the difficulty in obtaining exotic components? You get 12 a week guaranteed, you need 495 to max out a build with proficiency or 7,920 to max out all the builds on one character. That's 660 weeks, or 12.6 years. How is a casual player ( the ones they cater to) ever going to manage that.

Suggested Topics