ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuspiciousPixel
    Original poster 588 posts

Stealth nerf for Heartbreaker which didn't make the patch notes even though Massive have hired many new CMs

edit now added to patch notes after community raised the issue

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    949 posts

不 不 不 Maybe we will now see some variations of different builds in Countdown 不 不 不

The sound of that ACS12 in countdown was doing my head in.

• Trep06
    7 posts

Why was this "intended behavior" not discovered during the PTS? Why is that we're just hearing about it now? Why was it an after thought to add it to the patch notes after someone discovered the nerf and directly asked Yannick? This is a major change to a very popular gear set and they "forgot" to add it to the patch notes? Same old Massive. Nothing has changed...............something is fun to use, they nerf it.

You can't fix the PC crashes but, yet again, anything that's fun or benefits the player, you can find a way to remove it.

They wanted to nerf the HB set so they needed to come up with a reason.

I've edited this post several times as thoughts pop into my head. I've been a dedicated player to this franchise since Div 1. I was still here during wilderness of no information we were all in after the very last SOTG with Hamish. I think this is the last straw for me.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@trep06 unless Yannick wanted to completely alter how game world balancing worked - it was always going to get nerfed. It's still one of the strongest Gearsets even after it's nerf [they didn't touch it's BA].

It was clearly a little too far outside band when released. Their options were either bring it closer to band, or spend waayyy more hours figuring out how to buff a bunch of other stuff up to it.

Pretty sure it was noticed during PTS [hot topic], but they wanted to get the release out. A lot of items they've released over the years have released a little too strong and then gotten brought down to band shortly after - once they could see a little more game data and figure out the fix.

• Whiskytex
    82 posts

Well congrats to all you no fun, play my way, I hate it so it shouldn't exist for anyone even though I'm not forced to use it jackwagons.

I hope you all have a bad day. But i know you won't, cause you take joy in ruining other player's fun. Plus, now you can go back to YOUR meta, boring stale builds we've all been using for 2 years, while the rest of us turn the game off after we're done with the expertise grind, which should be a couple more weeks for me.

Ok, now that the rant is out of the way, guess I'll test it tonight and go from there.

But I still strongly dislike some of you...you know who you are.

• desrocchi
    226 posts

@whiskytex seems like you're heartbroken

The set is very good even with the nerf, no need to cry that much.

• Whiskytex
    82 posts

@desrocchi I'm sure it's fine. It's more the people who like to come here and scream to get off their lawn that trigger me. Plus the old meta had gotten so stale, it was fun to have an outlier for a while.

But alas...

• WrecK3rr
    459 posts

Not the first time when something suddenly becomes "Not Intended" after enough cries from player base.

• TxDieselKid
    410 posts
    Well congrats to all you no fun, play my way, I hate it so it shouldn't exist for anyone even though I'm not forced to use it jackwagons.I hope you all have a bad day. But i know you won't, cause you take joy in ruining other player's fun. Plus, now you can go back to YOUR meta, boring stale builds we've all been using for 2 years, while the rest of us turn the game off after we're done with the expertise grind, which should be a couple more weeks for me.

Not the first time when something suddenly becomes "Not Intended" after enough cries from player base.

2 excellent posts.

The crybabies have won. This build was of no consequence to those of you how thought it needed a nerf. You simply had the option to not run it and kick those from your group who did, or leave an instance where someone was wearing it. Instead you all had to cry about how strong it was, and now this nerf has happened. A PvE nerf in a power fantasy game. Shame.

At SHD 5,7XX, I've grown tired of other builds in this game and this set brought back the fun. It brought me and LOTS of others back from other games, and with this nerf I guess I will have more time on my hands to go grind the new BF2042 season pass, and get back to my DRG grind because I have actually lost some interest in Division 2 because of it.

• GhostAgent14
    203 posts

Well, I hate to hear about the Heartbreaker nerf, but it is good to hear many of you say that it is still a powerful set. I really only use Heartbreaker in Countdown.

• hyper---sniper
    231 posts

@txdieselkid fun ??? never with this devs , fun is not a word they use or like, they suck every bit of fun from this game , and then some more... grind build nerf , grind build nerf , then the cheaters cry when good players get a little power and the devs nerf again ..
    This game should be called , Going nowhere , the division nerf 2 ..

• Imagine_Brata
    883 posts
    when good players get a little power and the devs nerf again ..

Good players do not need more power.we want more challenges.Heroic was nerfed to the ground by all crying nobs

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@txdieselkid if you want fun, make a PfE build - it's what revived my interest in the game after getting bored with my Crit Rifle/AR build

I tried HB, but I dislike builds with stacks. Going from 170% WD to 100%WD, while keeping the 200%BA probably won't change how it plays all that much outside things beyond Heroic.

Also, I feel like there were only a couple of people calling for a nerf. Then another group warning it probably would get nerfed [which to some simpletons here (not you) made us the same as those calling for a nerf]. Y'all knew this was coming - not sure why you thought this time was different..

• Trep06
    7 posts

@latenitedelight What is a PfE build? Did you mean PvE?

I get it. Things on paper don't always look good in real life. Throw it out there and see what happens. Make adjustments accordingly. Why can't they just tell us that?

As I think about what is it that is really bothering me? Why am I getting upset? I boil it down to this. They knew this change was going in but didn't included it in the patch notes (nor any other communication) until an agent sent Yannick video proof of a possible nerf. That's when he confirmed the nerf and said the patch notes would be updated.

40% M1A nerf debacle all over again............

• TxDieselKid
    410 posts

@latenitedelight I've done the PfE build, it was cool but this renewed my interest in the game.

I did NOT think this was coming based on the comment from Yannick of, "it's working as intended and are happy with where it's at".

I still wouldn't mind a cap on stacks in PvP, but I'm scared they will only break more if they try.

What is a PfE build? Did you mean PvE?

PfE = Protection from Elites.

• Trep06
    7 posts

@txdieselkid ahh, protection from elites. Thanks.

One of those builds where it's hard for them to kill me but nearly impossible for me to kill them because I'm not doing any damage.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

Congrats to all the haters. It makes a few people happy but isn't helping to sell more copies of the game.
    My own original point is proven though, PvP players don't cry for nerfs. PVE players called for this and got it. Blame yourselves, not the PvP guys.

• Trep06
    7 posts
    PVE players called for this and got it. Blame yourselves, not the PvP guys.

I don't understand. Why would someone complain about killing NPCs? Are you saying that PvE players were complaining that it was too easy to kill NPCs with this build? I was truly happy to be able to cause some serious damage to a Hunter before he had a chance to one-shot me and take away most of my armor.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@trep06 Yes, that is exactly what I am saying and it is proven in multiple threads of this forum.
    I made a poll about it but the trolls showed up and created a mess so it got locked. They were completely outnumbered but still got their way.

• WrecK3rr
    459 posts
    They were completely outnumbered but still got their way.

That's what surprises me the most. Even though they are a small number, they still get listened.

Suggested Topics