ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Xanadu124
    Original poster 7 posts

I have an original AC3 store bought version (with case and DVD discs) Ubisofts infinite wisdom to lock us into a platform after a game is no longer supported is B*!! So I decided to go back and play another new story only to find that the game is glitched beyond comprehension. The health bar doesn't regenerate and stays almost 100% depleted. At the beginning of a mission, one hit from an enemy and I'm dead. [censored] gives? I have patched all the way up to v1.06, It's just sad that I cannot play a game that I payed for. Regardless of how old or how many times I've played, a game should always be there to use!!

Ubisoft, please release our unsupported games back to us owners, so we can play apart from U-Play and Ubisoft Connect with just our computer OS.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Hi @xanadu124 , thanks for your post about this. I understand you've had an issue with health in AC3, leading to Connor dying in one hit. This is very unusual indeed, and I'll be happy to help.

As far as I can see, this is not an issue that has been reported by any other players. I'm confident that it isn't an error that could be caused by using one or another launcher. Instead, I'd like to encourage you to check our troubleshooting guide, as the steps it suggests are able to fix the vast majority of issues with our games. In particular from that guide, please make sure you've updated your graphics drivers and operating system, you've verified the game files, and you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game (such as mods or cheating engines). 

If this issue persists, can you clarify for me which mission you are playing? I've not played AC3 myself yet, but this sounds to me like it could be somehow the intended way for the game to work, so I'd like to reach out to another team to get their insights on this.

Please let me know if I can clarify these steps or questions!

Official Response
  • Xanadu124
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-thrupney, It is the strangest thing and doesn't make any sense! All of my drivers are up to date and my system was way above game requirements when I purchased my OMEN HP laptop. Besides, this is definitely not a driver or graphics issue. The health bar uses a regeneration system, so as long as you are not in conflict or taking damage it will refill to 100% on its own. This is not the case here. My health bar stays between 1-5% and never rises. Very frustrating since some missions I go to start and get hit once or sometimes not even at all and yet I die and desynch automatically!

Right now, the mission I'm having an issue with is the Boston Brawlers NY mission called "The Sailor". I approach and start the mission, no one even touches me but as I get control of my character he crumples over dead and I desynch!! I am currently at 88% in the story line. This is very frustrating and I don't know what to do!

• Xanadu124
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-thrupney, I have a GeForce Experience screen recording of the 2 issues I've mentioned. How can I upload it here so you can see it? It's an MP4.

• Xanadu124
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-thrupney, OK, now I have absolutely given up all hope. I thought I could at least finish the story but during Sequence 11 mission 2 "Lee's Last Stand" I immediately start off with losing the 50% health requirement because of this health bar glitch! Then to make things worse, when I get all the way to the moment that I kill Haythem, I'm pressing the left mouse button to strike the final blow to kill him and nothing happens. I press all kinds of buttons on my laptop and even press the left button on my mouse pad. I cannot kill him and the storyline will now forever be frozen at 11-2.

UbiSoft in all of their ignorance and over platforming has totally decimated my enjoyment of my favorite Assassins Creed game!! Such a shame and so so sad!!!

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 771 posts

@xanadu124 Hey there. I'm so sorry for the frustration these various issues have caused. You mentioned you have recordings of the issues and that will definitely help us to look into this more. Please upload those videos to YouTube or Twitter (or any other sharing site of your choice) and then post the links here so we can check them out.

Thanks in advance!

Official Response
  • Xanadu124
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-perseids, Here is the link for the YouTube video. The volume is very loud in the video so turn your volume down to 50% or so.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 771 posts

@xanadu124 Thank you for getting this video to me! I'm not sure if you've already tried this or not, but have you been able to fast travel to a completely different area and see if your health begins to regen when you're somewhere else on the map?

Official Response
  • Xanadu124
    Original poster 7 posts

@ubi-perseids, Yes I have. I have played the storyline all the way to Sequence 10 Fast Traveling all over the place and it doesn't regen. In the mission "Lee's Last Stand" I get all the way to the point where I'm about to kill Haythem and everything seems to lock up. By that, I mean I cannot make the killing strike. Pushing my left mouse button does nothing and nothing on the keyboard either (as far as movement input... Esc works to let me exit).

I'm not sure where I lost the health bar regen, but I went back to replay an earlier mission from sequence 2 and my health bar was full. I can't remember if it was regenning or not, I should go back and see if it does.

Would giving you my savegame file help? IDK... let me know.

I should also make a video of that Sequence 10 mission too.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey @xanadu124

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to use your save file for anything with this. The only thing I can suggest in this case is to start another new game, as it's not a known issue to happen every time, so it must be something that has just broken this playthrough unfortunately.

Official Response

Suggested Topics