ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNZIPPEDUNIKORN
    Original poster 17 posts

I am pretty sure that I am not the only one going through this problem. Both being the PC Crashes (it's been a known thing for a while but yet, nothing has been done yet and nothing will be done until TU16 which is ways off and makes zero sense to wait that long when the problem has been made aware multiple times by multiple players) and Slow Game Startup.

PC Crashes solutions? Don't bother with temporary solutions, you will only end up crashing probably moments later or something. As for the slow start up, that never happened until the June 9th maint patch was applied. Before June 9th, it was fine in terms of normal start up. Solution? There is none, don't even bother trying to verify your files, reinstall the game. I have already done both and does the fix the problem. It is something the developers have to take care of.

Are you seeing this developers? Please fix these issues.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CoOp_Gordon
    8 posts

@unzippedunikorn

The even slower startup is particularly bad when crashing and reloading during a multiplayer mission. I would ask that after fixing the new slow startup the splash screens are only displayed once per day, which would speed up reloads.

• F.i.x.e.r
    113 posts

Yup, this morning two hard lock ups,. The first just 30 seconds after logging in this morning and then on second login it locked up within five minutes of entering game. Both times were in the menu. This is getting rediculous.

• KVD-NL-ASSET007
    15 posts

I have tried the "exploit program exe files fix" & the "easyanticheat only on one CPU" and I hardly ever complain here: But the crashes SUCK since two weeks and became even more since a couple of days. I cant even play anymore for 30 seconds today.

• fredchocolate
    26 posts

This RECENT maintenance changed the overall game behavior. The increased time to log in is the most glaring. I cannot ignore it every time I log in.

The inner working of .........of how this game works is also different. If there was a "restore point" I hope the proper group is looking to compare before patch to present.

I have given up hoping this game would be "optimized" for PC.

Verifying files, EZ anticheat to one core, disable full screen optimizations, launch from launcher in the game file, multiple windows 10 tweaks(courtesy of google), reddit by u/andro-bourne titled "Div 2 Crash Fix-Stopped Interacting with Windows. The fact that such posts exist to allow a player to..........what ......play the game is I don't know the proper phrase.

On a positive note- I love the apparel.

Really I do no sarcasm.

The back pack transmogs are art.

Now for some morning game play, coffee in hand to enjoy while waiting for the log in.

• Catsuperhighway
    1 posts

Adding my voice to this, very slow startup and shockingly bad crashing on PC.

• Gabriel.Knight
    277 posts

You know, I don't ever remember coming across this term in the Terms & Conditions. But its becoming appropriate:
    Caveat Emptor.

Let the Buyer Beware

• RadioNationale
    9 posts

For me, I'm seeing the problem in three phases:

• Long delay from launching the game to the first load screen
    • A freeze in the Snow Drop animation that eventually clears but with broken audio
    • Very long delay on the connecting screen before a slow climb to 100%

This all started with the latest update.

• darcon9672
    2 posts

Been trying to play the game the past 24hrs damn game crashes every 10min THEY NEED TO GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND FIX THIS ASAP

• RadioNationale
    9 posts

Another variation:

• Anti-cheat splash screen followed by long delay before game starts
    • Completely missing disclaimer / epilepsy warning message
    • Broken Snow Drop loading video
    • Slow to connect

Game then crashed mid-mission a few minutes later.

• Chris_P_Duck
    1 posts

I'm also getting the very long load, it seems to sit there for minutes before the game starts to load

At least I fixed the game crashing issue for me, I went back to my old tried and trusted method of loading the game. Start the game, switch to windowed mode whilst it's loading (Alt+Ent), load my character then switch back to full screen (Alt+Ent).
    For some reason it never seems to crash after doing this

• WrecK3rr
    377 posts

Yes, they definitely did mess something up in the last maintenance.
    Start up is very slow and hangs couple of times for a second or two before you are actually in the game world.

• Zebedee_73
    62 posts

Unplayable!

Likewise I have been experiencing the slow startup and choppy/low frame-rates. Currently trying to re-run the first two manhunts and the game is unplayable, crashing only a minute or two after play. The last crash, was mid-traveling to the bounty target on the map.

I have removed the shader cache folder and verified game files, but this makes no difference.

The game is bugged. The out of the ordinary low choppy frame rates seem to me to be an indicator of that — not good!

• Silverbae
    2 posts

I been playing Division 2 for a week now. I have noticed the slow startup but as for the game crashing I only had it happen twice within 5 min of each other. For the most part I just see server connection issues messages.

• MaXXi.ManiaK
    1 posts

Hi all!
    I'm like other players that, since the latest update, are complaining about the loooooong time to launch and connect.
    As the game IS slow to launch, since this week update, it's more long, and long and long to launch and connect to the character's list

Next, about crashes when playing: it can crash once, twice and after the third launch, ok it seems to be stable
    When it crashes, the game is going to be a windowed freezed game and glitching sound... and if you play with a headset... hum, you see!?

So, what I want, and what the community wants too, is the the devs can faix these annoying problems... and very quickly! Thanks a lot

• Too-Old-4-This
    6 posts

@radionationale
    My PC is a perfect mirror of your symptoms.

• Valkyrie_77
    1 posts

Has same or similar problems for a few days, don't know since when exactly.

- Taking a long while for the game to even start launching (quite frankly this is nothing new, but it's even worse now).
    - A note on the above point, a few times nothing happened for long enough for me to just chalk it up as the game not launching at all, killing the process, and relaunching.
    - Snowdrop logo freeze that clears (pretty much every time).
    - Very long and slow main menu loading / server connection (pretty much every time).
    - Game likes to crash a few minutes in more often than not on 1st launch.

Most of the above are recent additions to the game as a whole. I can't even remember Div2 crashing for me at all before this major content patch, and especially not as consistent before a few days ago.

• Too-Old-4-This
    6 posts

The crashes may not be as random as I first thought.
    Today, I launched the game (eventually) and changed to my second character. Went to Solar farm and proceeded to collect all the resources. Game froze while doing this.
    Tried to relaunch the game but it stayed with Easy anti-cheat running for ages 'til I killed it and started over. Then I finished gathering the Solar Farm resources.
    Switched to my main character and went to Solar Farm. The game froze in an almost identical part of the route I take collecting resources, so similar amount of time.

• WontonTheUndead
    1 posts

Just to add my voice... tried all sorts of fixes (disabling overlay / anticheat affinity / etc etc) but this game just keeps crashing.

Such graceless crashing too - catch many exceptions devs?

Only been playing this game a few weeks, when it was working the combat was great fun, but now I'm left feeling exceptionally frustrated.

Please work to remedy this devs or your paying customers will be forced to spend thier time and money on more reliable entertainment...

• Da_Lilman
    12 posts

@chris_p_duck Thanks for this fix Alt+Enter while loading and alt +enter when on game with character seems to work for me too.
    Nvm still crashes randomly to dekstop. Sometimes it wont just crash, but sometimes many times in a row.

Suggested Topics