ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hyper---sniper
    Original poster 120 posts

Before they changed it last week my expertise was going up nicely , now it does not move unless i donate ?. Have they changed the way it works , can i not advance in open world , saw online that you need to play another mode ? to advance ?, so how do i advance ?. how does a solo player keep up ?.. if it is donations then i am done , the greed in game is rotten to the core , buy an item 6789 sell 500 ?.. wow why ?.

any care to help .. many thanks..

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 328 posts

Hi @hyper-sniper !

Thanks for your question. You can find more information about how gear expertise works in the game here: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/the-division-2/gameplay/article/improving-your-gear-expertise-in-the-division-2/000101951

To improve your Proficiency Rank through research, you might require to donate certain materials to it.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • hyper---sniper

@ubi-auron you just broke the game , this expertise is a junk idea , the amount of donations needed , the low xp and the lowest drops ever in the game, and to make it worse the servers are junk , hits not registering , exit to desktop, freeze , etc etc etc .why does the game get worse every update ?.. The more i play the worse it is ?. you say it is for balance ?. how can you balance this game with the bugs ? hacks ? and cheats? . pve was great but gets nerfed every time pvp get nerfed , why ? pve was not broken ?.
    I update my character and the npc gets double hit protection ?.. just makes the game pointless if the npc upgrade every time i upgrade , so i get weaker they get stronger , no upgrade is worth it..

I like how you say information about how expertise works ?. it does not work that is the problem , cant dazzle with brilliance so baffle with bull crap..

• desrocchi
    226 posts

@hyper-sniper you're being a tad too dramatic.

I get you're frustrated and the game is not exactly stable right now, but if you have specific questions we can help you out, if you just needed to vent there's not much we can do.

• hyper---sniper

@desrocchi Dramatic ? every crash i loose my medkits special ammo etc , and sometimes bounty and items waiting to be picked up , and the game lockup a lot , sick of sending crash reports , all we want is a working game , we know we will have bugs , but every time they update the game they break it more , it is always rush jobs , any update , or any nerf is a rush job , the only thing they do not rush is fixes .. i feel sorry for players that are just starting the game , with the nerf to drops and the low % items that are dropping , it is ALL junk and no way to upgrade of feel that we are getting anywhere , ground hog game it always starts again and again, never improving just getting worse update by update , nerf by nerf ..

I am not frustrated , i am sick of the double standards and the loss of hard earned gear , sick of starting again after every nerf , even when the gear i use does not get targeted it always gets affected ..
    So just saying it as it is , THE GAME NEEDS FIXED , STOP THE LOCKUPS AND LONG LOADING TIMES, AND FIX THE SLOW LAGGIE SERVERS...

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@hyper-sniper Hi there.

Apologies for our delay in response to you here.

We're sorry to hear about your experience with The Division 2. The game team are currently aware of performance and crashing issues affecting PC players, we appreciate any crash reports that have already been forwarded.

If there are specific issues you're having with the expertise system, you're welcome to share your thoughts here. We'll take any feedback on board, and we'd be happy to help pass along any bug reports in case of any technical issues.

Many thanks.

Official Response
  • hyper---sniper

@ubi-nacho Donating materials is bugged , to get items proficient they need to be done 1 at a time, when you donate a lot of items as junk they do not count up properly , getting ripped of here ..

• desrocchi
    226 posts

@hyper-sniper remember that 1 item only fills up half a point, it's not uncommon to donate and see no point going up.

• Noxious81
    1174 posts
    (...) remember that 1 item only fills up half a point, it's not uncommon to donate and see no point going up.

And that's only true for weapons, named and exotic items. When donating Gear or Brand Set items each item only gives 8,800 XP (filling up the bar a tenth – so gaining one Proficiency Rank needs 10 items).

• sasorisan1
    60 posts
    @hyper-sniper remember that 1 item only fills up half a point, it's not uncommon to donate and see no point going up.

You need xp to reach profecient.

You need resources to reach x-levels e.g., +1% armor.

How many x-levels are there? I'm on 3.

• Noxious81
    1174 posts
    (...) How many x-levels are there? I'm on 3.

You personally can increase the Grade of your gear, skills, and weapons as high as you agent's Expertise Level is. In your case you currently can upgrade your gear to Grade 3 (since you are at Expertise Level 3). So as soon as you will reach Expertise Level 4, you will be able to upgrade any item you are Proficient with to Grade 4. And so on...

The current soft cap of the Expertise Level is 20 (dependent on how many Items are in the game and thus how many Proficiency Ranks you can accumulate across all those items).

• hyper---sniper

@sasorisan1 I am level 7 , and my character is weaker than ever . ?. I know how it works . that is how i know i have a problem ,

Suggested Topics