ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• N_ck-cz
    3 posts

@GameGuru2018 
    Yeah. Its called "overthinking" and it basically distracts from more important things 😛 Vaas was timeless because he had legacy in punk culture history and gave something to several generations. See David Bowie photo and Einstein quote. Likewise, Blood Dragon showed that its success lies in the fact that you have to delve into recent history. For example, if someone made a serious continuation of Far Cry 2 and was atmosphere inspired not only by Heart of Darkness or Red Harvest, but also Day of theJackal or by the story of Lt. Gene. Roméo Dallaire (shake hands with the devil), I probably will be excited (especially in theese times). But those would have to be stories that would give something to the players. But it should not be subjected to monetization and similar circus attempts try to please the investors at the internal meeting, which are reminiscent of the production of Paramount and Disney...

Far Cry 5 had excellent timing regarding Trump and the situation in states with militias (Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, etc). Plus it had a great story about fanaticism and how the human mind is fleeting...

Far Cry 6 had none of that. Nothing reminded of Cuba, there was no reference to Che Guevara, it was just shallow... It was just too many colorful young people who steam, shoot and overthrow the dictator ith lots of gender mess... Really?

So as the French painter Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres said, “Better gray than garishness.” 😄

btw: I don't know how it is at Ubisoft, but in other companies they try to educate the team - they arrange a joint screening of a film or documentary that should inspire, remind them of other works... But that's because thanks to turnover rate, the team changes and in the team is getting younger and younger team members.

• Gabriel.Knight
    282 posts

@N_ck-cz Thanks for taking the time to post this. I appreciate it. FC6 is on sale. I am no longer wondering if I should even try it for free. Thanks too for including other games. I tried GR:BrokenPoint on beta. I wrote at the time that it was a POS and I uninstalled not even halfway through the beta... I had already seen the direction the company was taking. Looking back at the lineage, the philosophy started with WatchDogs 2. The company stopped being a storyteller. Thanks again.

• GameGuru2018
    311 posts

@N_ck-cz

David Bowie was something.

Now Michael Jackson would be good.

If only it would be possible to implement him in the game.
    Somehow.

May be sign a deal with pepsi?
    They had good commercial with him.

Imagine, instead of all those ads before the game, Michael Jackson will sing a short song.....

Or he can sing it during loading screen......

It would be nice if the main character in the game will meet himself in the past.
    For instance, closer to the end, already battle-handed, he can meet himself as he was in the beginning of the game - naive and weak.

-Who are you?
    -I'm you.....

It will be immediately visible how he has changed psychologically and even physically.

Something like in this old Pepsi ad......

(Only not a child and an adult but the character in the beginning and closer to the end.
    Some music can also play.)

From David Bowie the bridge needs to be thrown to Michael Jackson.

• AgentMikel
    224 posts

Is Far Cry 6 takes place in the same Universe as Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4 and Far Cry 5!?
    (I mean in the comics the dictator guy of Yara knows about the fate of the main antagonists of those 3 games!)
    If yes, then is The Collapse only happened in U.S.A. and/or somehow Yara survived it!?

Just for note I am still in the beginning of the Far Cry 6... Left the first island and now I am in the much bigger one and met with that wheely doggo. 😊

• AgentMikel
    224 posts

RANT ON
    My hating (ranting) on Far Cry.... New Dawn:
    Maybe Far Cry: New Dawn has got female antagonists... but they are such a one dimensional twin girls.... Full of themselves...
    For Ubisoft the females only love pink color!? Man.... There is too much pink in that game! Yuk....
    And the whole punk enemies after an apocalypse is done to death... Uninspiring...
    Carmina is also annoying with her lots of talk.... at least replacing her with Jerome was a great decision... At least he know how to be quiet...
    With Nick having a bad childhood because of his old family why don't Ubisoft allowed for him to be with his wife and daughter from the start of the game!? Why putting him in the other side of the map far from his new family!? And why didn't Ubisoft gave him a son, too!?
    The whole gameplay is just a cheap copy of the Division game... Big base that I needs to upgrade with collecting lots of loots to do it and loots from the sky and so on....The Division also has got its own punk enemies, the Hyenas whose are much better then the Highwaymen... If I want to play with the Division then I play with the Division an not Far Cry as a The Division clone.
    (Except the Division 2 is soooooooo buggy on PC for more then 1 years... it is crime against the gaming community!!!)
    After only playing with few hours I got sick of it and uninstalled that game....
    RANT OFF

You see... I also can make a (parody of) rants with full of empty texts... 😊

• DuskDragon56496
    469 posts

Unfortunately there's only so far you can go with the same idea over and over again , there's nothing really different in the Far Cry series that set them apart from each other, if you've played one you pretty much played them all but with a different protagonist. Take the dlcs, the exact same thing in each one of them with the exception of playing a different villain,it was by far some of the worst dlcs I've ever played.I finished the first two with no problem then, after finishing the statue of seed it tells you to take a leap of faith,I did, hit the water,and was then told You died...3 hours wasted, I don't go for that kind of garbage gaming,It's not inventive, it's boring and you die doing exactly what the game tells you, I deleted the entire game after that nonsense.

• KrayZee_
    98 posts
    Unfortunately there's only so far you can go with the same idea over and over again , there's nothing really different in the Far Cry series that set them apart from each other, if you've played one you pretty much played them all but with a different protagonist. Take the dlcs, the exact same thing in each one of them with the exception of playing a different villain,it was by far some of the worst dlcs I've ever played.I finished the first two with no problem then, after finishing the statue of seed it tells you to take a leap of faith,I did, hit the water,and was then told You died...3 hours wasted, I don't go for that kind of garbage gaming,It's not inventive, it's boring and you die doing exactly what the game tells you, I deleted the entire game after that nonsense.

Except I can easily tell the difference. It sounds like you didn't play any Far Cry game before Far Cry 3.

I seriously don't get this. Exactly how do you want each Far Cry game to be different? If Ubisoft took the Assassin's Creed approach where the games suddenly started becoming drastically different in 2017, many Assassin's Creed fans yearn for the games to return to its roots from 2007 to 2015. Those familiar with Far Cry games from 2004 to 2008 may not like how Far Cry 3 came to be. Do you want Far Cry to really come back to its roots and be a linear first person shooter that lasts for 10 hours? Should Far Cry abandon the open world structure the series had set up since Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3? If you pay attention to the setting, culture, level design, and time period, you'll realize each game is unique in its own way. They're not exactly the same.

• DuskDragon56496
    469 posts

I disagree, 3-6 were virtually the same, you hunt down the protagonists , is that not the entire plot of each and every story? My favorite however was Far Cry 4, I did think that was the best of the series, and I did like the addition of helicopters, in that one it was little ones but eventually they got to helicopters,besides I said there wasn't much difference I didn't say I don't like the franchise.Far Cry 6 just wasn't all that great, the dlcs royally sucked they were exactly the same except for different villains.There was also a mission where you go to a bunker and lo and behold and golly gee willikers someone hit me on the head and took all my equipment, like that hasn't been done to death resurrected and done to death again! Sorry dude, I do like the series I just think they're way too much the same.You are right though I didn't play far cry 1 or 2 so I'll reiterate that 3-6 were virtually the same.

• Gabriel.Knight
    282 posts

I stopped playing Far Cry when it became apparent that the Devs thought everyone should get high.

• KrayZee_
    98 posts
    I disagree, 3-6 were virtually the same, you hunt down the protagonists , is that not the entire plot of each and every story? My favorite however was Far Cry 4, I did think that was the best of the series, and I did like the addition of helicopters, in that one it was little ones but eventually they got to helicopters,besides I said there wasn't much difference I didn't say I don't like the franchise.Far Cry 6 just wasn't all that great, the dlcs royally sucked they were exactly the same except for different villains.There was also a mission where you go to a bunker and lo and behold and golly gee willikers someone hit me on the head and took all my equipment, like that hasn't been done to death resurrected and done to death again! Sorry dude, I do like the series I just think they're way too much the same.You are right though I didn't play far cry 1 or 2 so I'll reiterate that 3-6 were virtually the same.

You didn't answer my question. You're just complaining. Exactly how do you want each Far Cry game to be different? Why should the sequels abandon the gameplay structure that has been established by previous games? Games like Halo and Call of Duty have been structurally the same in the last 21 years. Halo 5 tried to be different and suddenly it's among the least popular. Far Cry 1 had set the standard when it comes to graphics and level design back in 2004, and Far Cry Instincts on Xbox helped established a Far Cry game be compatible on consoles in 2005. Far Cry 2 is the first Far Cry game to be open world and the game also set the standard for graphics in 2008. It's up there with Crysis and any Unreal Engine 3 games at the time.

Based on what you wrote, you don't care about about other efforts. For Far Cry 2, Ubisoft sent a team to Kenya and some parts of Tanzania to try and study the environment and culture, so they can recreate it in Far Cry 2. They did the same by sending a team to Nepal for Far Cry 4, Montana for Far Cry 5 and Cuba for Far Cry 6. You don't care how each game has its own unique music or how Ubisoft managed to create a fictional national anthem that feels authentic enough to be compared to a real life national anthem from Latin America. You don't care about how much research the dev teams had spent on. Far Cry 6 introduces tanks and has a massive arsenal of weapons compared to previous games. No, it doesn't matter to you. You think they are all 'virtually the same', well you can use that argument on any game series. Oh Doom has been virtually the same 'first person shooter' since 1993, all you do is shoot demons, find secrets and go from point A to point B. Actually, let's make your argument sound even more absurd. What's the difference between the motor wagon from 1886 and a Lamborghini in 2022? They're both automobiles. All you do is drive from point A to point B. You know how absurd that sounds? While you may think Far Cry 6 may be 'virtually the same' as Far Cry 3, well you don't fly helicopters or airplanes in Far Cry 3. You don't commandeer tanks or play a street fighter minigame in Far Cry 3. Co-op in Far Cry 3 is also different compared to later entries. Far Cry 3 helped reimagined stealth and restructured how takedowns work for the series. Why should Ubisoft abandon anything the previous games have established and suddenly make the sequel be completely different? I don't know what's wrong by simply letting Far Cry having its own identity. Just let Far Cry be Far Cry.

Suggested Topics