ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• endros853
    Original poster 2 posts

Ive been playing far cry since the very first game on pc, i enjoyed all of em, Yea sure far cry 2 was amazing because of its mechanics and far cry 3 was amazing because of its story, but why is everyone hating on far cry 6? Theres like five different nearly hour long videos shitting on the game, so me and my friend got it and tried it and have been having an absolute blast, it is insane the supremos are amazing the world is beautiful the missions are crazy and the story and the characters are quite fun, so i wanna know why everyone hates it and claims it should have never been made

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GameGuru2018
    308 posts

@endros853

Who hates Far Cry 6?!

The game is a success!
    In the majority people like this game.
    There will always be something that could be done better.

Don't listen those whiners!

Do you like the game? You personally. Do you enjoy the game???

Listen to your heart!
    Don't let someone else's opinion lead you away.

Only look at Yara!
    How authentic it was made!
    No one can express the atmoshere of the setting better than Far Cry.

• Sleezure
    141 posts

@endros853 You watched 5 hours worth of critique yet still have no idea why people don't like the game??

• WID992007
    171 posts

@endros853 they hate it because they made changes .. but they have done that all though the series

i personally DIG FAR CRY 6 and think it is now my favorite of the series due to many of those changes

love that ya now carry 4 load outs

you can change weapons at any time by pressing F 1 to open your arsenal to suit your load out to your mission

use the work bench or press f1 any time , to change outfits as yes some have extra perks like carry more ammo or better animal defense or blast or what ever defense ,,again to suit your next mission

the options they added under accessibility mean you can change many options in your HUD

i did not think any of the missions were that bad ..some yes , are a lil strange ..but still in the end its still far cry .. you run around and blow stuff up ..

so i agree with Game Guru 2018 .. do not let people bad reviews , tell you what game to enjoy and play

if ya like it play it................ if not , well play a different game that suits your play style

every one said far cry games are the same .. and indeed they are FACT not ..they all tell i different story and yes some have different options

as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result .. yes that = insanity

i think many were angry they did not get a map editor and custom maps and PVP .. but i was never interested in those things
    as i do not make maps .. though yes the map editor gave the previous game more play .. i think they could not afford to go that route this time
    and kept the game co op and SP only in the main game .. which was something people bitched about the previous games not having

so no matter what people will always complain about something ....

BUT glad to hear your enjoying the title as much as i do .

• flybyme
    212 posts

@wid992007 I love it now playing for the second time. The first time that I played it I was the female Dani and now I'm playing as the male Dani.

• MasterTro11
    9 posts

@endros853 the game is boring, I'm assuming that's why. It lacks substance that were the original far cry games. Far cry 3 was immersive, as well as far cry 4. Things fell apart in far cry 5 and now far cry 6. It's not to say that there's not some genius behind them, but genius doesn't keep players coming back. It's all about the story and immersion. It's something that's trending among all of ubisoft's games that they're not going to understand.

Take wildlands for example, and then break point. And there you have far cry.

• GameGuru2018
    308 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • tiernae
    2 posts

@mastertro11 are you kidding me? Far cry 4 was terrible! Just repetitive, no substance. Far cry 5 was amazing. Literally the only game I have played from start to finish because I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. It was like GoT it was so exhilarating and heart wrenching I loved it!

• MePlayingGTA
    40 posts

Well, not really hating the game, but these weekly insurgency events are way too self-repeating. Quite often the main villain is even called the same who was there once before already. Crossover missions have been nice to play. What I would like to see, some special Yaran story missions meeting Willis Huntley could be great.

• faceofear
    1 posts

I just started playing. So far, I love the premise, the atmosphere, the characters, and the most of the game play.

However, I think I wasted my money and will stop playing. the frustration is in some of the forced mechanics is too frustrating.

Two biggest bugs so far. Saves, and NPCs

Started a mission where I have to perform with an NPC. I'm trying to do it stealthy and she keeps running back and forth alerting the guards then goes on shooting spree. Finally after 4th retry we finish first part of mission and the game sends us to a second location. The NPC sees to get stuck in first location. So I am able to sneak up to second location and take out 2 guards suddenly here she comes running up the road guns blazing and triggers all the elite guards to kill me. reload back at beginning of whole mission. 35 minutes wasted.

• KrayZee_
    98 posts

@endros853 I wouldn't say everyone. It's more like people have very subjective opinions and they have a platform to voice them. Too many people can't seem to form their own opinion and give games a chance, and they would rather listen to someone else and follow the bandwagon. Throughout the years, expectations have skyrocketed and people have already made their own predetermined biases against game developers and their games. There are people who would look at reviews to find their own opinions validated, not necessarily be open to see an honest review. It's unfortunate, and many people would skip the whole article or video and just pay attention to the numbered score in the end.

If they are more open minded and actually form their own opinion than follow some hate bandwagon or finding only the negatives, they might actually appreciate the game more.

• flybyme
    212 posts

@krayzee_ I never read game reviews how do you know that the game reviewer may hate this type of game and give it a negative review. I for one love it and I'm playing it for the second time as the male Dani. Sure I have come across a couple of bugs but found a workaround to fix them. I like all the different storylines in the game which you have to solve which are independent of the main story which you don't always have to follow all at once. It is nice to do them to take a break from the main story.

• endros853
    Original poster 2 posts
    Ive been playing far cry since the very first game on pc, i enjoyed all of em, Yea sure far cry 2 was amazing because of its mechanics and far cry 3 was amazing because of its story, but why is everyone hating on far cry 6? Theres like five different nearly hour long videos shitting on the game, so me and my friend got it and tried it and have been having an ab solute blast, it is insane the supremos are amazing the world is beautiful the missions are crazy and the story and the characters are quite fun, so i wanna know why everyone hates it and claims it should have never been made

issue got solved!!

• OriginalScucci
    1 posts

Because Ubisoft considers this an "immersive", reasonable, respawn rate and have said they have no intentions of fixing it. I've always played FC games as a sniper and when clearing camps I always try to do it without being detected. Impossible to do when you're halfway through clearing the camp, it's only taken 8 minutes, and when you turn around the other half of the camp has respawned.

I don't know how they managed to make FC4, FC5, and FCPrimal still feel alive and immersive all while not bugging out the respawn rate. The video below is an extreme example, but not too far off the mark for what you run into every time you try to clear a large camp.

• flybyme
    212 posts

@OriginalScucci No respawning issues for me when trying to clear an FND-held base with the sniper rifle. This is on a PC.

• smallgamer66
    3 posts

Can someone please help me out my look left look right is not correct, i cant seem to fix it on my pc

• flybyme
    212 posts

The title to this thread should be Why are some people hating on Far Cry 6 not Why is everyone as I'm not hating it.

• VHS_Cowboy 0
    3 posts

@endros853 Stupid AI.

• N_ck-cz
    3 posts

@endros853
    Unfortunately it is true. People that played it and i know, people on the net, or the players who gave it a review (User score on Metacritics is 3.7 from 1254 players) consider it the weakest Farcry and I have to agree with them. In addition, FarCry is a quality on a downward trend. Why?

Far Cry 6 had a good story. The problem is that it is overshadowed by bad design decisions, bad balance, childishnes or infantility that takes away the atmosphere, excessive monetization, boring missions, bad atmosphere, terrible recycled DLC and so on... But step by step:

Bad balance - the biggest problem of Far Cry 6 is the bad design choices in the inventory and dificulty:
    Guns
     - the original Far Cry 2 was an excellent survival game. FC3 was a bit in that spirit. Not much though. But it was fine. FC 5 was already too easy on PC even on the hardest difficulty without HUD. But FC6 set a much higher bar in the wrong sense of the word. The player can change weapons whenever he wants. Before, the player armed himself for a mission and when something went wrong, he had to improvise, which was fun and broke the boredom. Here, unfortunately...
    - the balance of the weapons has been terrible since FC4... Newer weapons beat the older ones in every way. So when you found and upgrade SSGP-58, all the othe assault rifles you have are useless... And it's a weapon that he can get quite easily. And I've never used shotguns since FarCry 3, for example...in FarCry 2 those weapons had to be balanced and they were because you had them all the way and it was worth it. The player thus had varied gameplay while going through the game depending on which weapon he chose and it was fun (he was not bored).

Btw: they tried a bit to put a bullet sponge instead of balancing the game mechanics, but luckily it wasn't such a disaster as in Division.

Before was a very transparent skill tree. Here it is adapted to monetization and it does not work. At least not for me as player. FarCry has become an overly monetized game with a big flood of skins and assets that I don't care about and its very chaotic. Sometime less is more... Besides, game is very easy (I played it single on the new difficulty and I died about five times in the whole game...), so why would I should he have dug into the statistics, which are irrelevant to me? Weapons should be different for different needs. And sometimes there less is more. In FC6, they tried to fill it with special weapons, but they are childishly processed and do not look believable or even usable, instead of balancing that the already have.

Childishness (lack of maturity)
    - alas, a great story, even with some moral lessons, will kill the disruptive childishness in stupid NPC dialogues, a flood of children's colorful skins, strange customized weapon parts and similar things. Teenage guerilas overthrown dictator is stupid same like last Watchdogs. But as a game for a fifteen-year-old boy, it can probably be fun. For an adult? I don't think... On other side. Story of father and son is ok.

Story
    - Unfortunately, the player is distracted from the story by all sorts of things and a million genred colorful things, milions of stereotypes (sidemissions), so that in the end he doesn't even know what the story was actually about last time...

Boring mission - FarCry 6 has the biggest world FarCry has ever had and it shows. The environment looks generated, assets are recycled a lot, after a long time it looks unimpressive. The missions are too long and there is nothing unique about them. Not to mention player choices - the quests are strictly linear without anythink else. Choices made within a minor mission may not have an impact on the entire game. But I suppose this is due to the fact that Ubisoft prefers quantity over quality. And this happens when the developer doesn't have much time for creativity, but has a short time for the task... You can check Cyberpunk how should be done.

Bad monetization - the whole game is designed in such a way that the soft currency Monetas should be quite rare and the player should be grateful for missions where he gets a few dozen. Unfortunately, after later changes, i assume from the player's disinterest, interventions were made where the player delivers Monetas by the hundreds in insurgency...

Bad Ai and bugs is just one the small isues.

But that's how you could go on and on. Anyway, it's the last far cry I bought. And as a developer with almost two decades of experience, I can say that it is not the fault of the developer, but of Ubisoft and its management. I'm not surprised they're not doing well. The last Watch Dogs, Far Cry, Tom Clancy games... they basically damaged their own brand with recklessness and lack of respect for the previous instalments.
    As a player, I don't mind stylization, children's games, jokes or humor. But the childishness, laziness + little creativity and stupidity in their games are beginning to be filled annoys me enough.

btw: as children we were taught a fairy tale by a famous writer at school about how a dog and a cat cooked a cake. The dog threw the meat in the pot, the cat threw the fish... FarCry 6 is something similar. Better gray than garishness...

• GameGuru2018
    308 posts

@N_ck-cz

Ubisoft games today look a bit like this......

The management at the top must decide whether such approach is justified, by financial profit.

From our side.....if there is Vaas in future games, please, don't make him "rainbow"......

Don't make him "not Vaas".
    I mean character, first of all. Personality.

Yes, he can change. We're all changing.
    But he must be Vaas.

Develop him according to the setting!

For instance, in the northern setting he should be a little different.
    Even his hairstyle has to change.
    Mohawk hairstyle should stay!
    It's his feature. His trademark.

But this time it should be white.
    Like the snow around. Like the North itself.

He can come to the North or South Pole after prison, for work, to earn some money and escape from that ugly world.
    With an ordinary hairstyle of a man trying to break with the past.
    Or he can arrive there somehow else.

But when the Mess will start.......

The old Vaas should wake up in him.
    He should make up Mohawk again.
    And coming up to the mirror he should say - "something wrong here!"

White hair dye.....

That's better.

But still something is missing....
    What?

Blue eye lenses!
    It can be one blue lense or two.

Like the ocean and northern sky.
    Like northern blue.

In the South he was looking a bit like a flamboyant rooster.
    Like a flamboyant southern nature.

In the North he should look according to the severe northern nature.
    White and blue colors.

Whatever it will be, he must remain Vaas.
    Not some rainbow fake Vaas according to the new Ubisoft policy!

I'm afraid, Vaas "killing" will never be forgotten by gamers.

Suggested Topics