ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dacamster
    Original poster 11 posts

Just want to put some appreciation out there for the difficulty options that have been in the last few games. I'm loving it so much. I'll break this down into three parts: Achievements, Stages of the Game, Playstyle.

Achievement:
    I absolutely love that there is no achievement tied behind difficulty, this is such a great decision. being able to play the main gain on the hardest difficulty for the more realistic experience and then switch it back to normal difficulty for the dlc when im ticking off all the achievements is just really nice beginning till end.

Stages of the Game:
    The early game is by far the worst, needing to fight PERFECTLY to avoid dying is frustrating as heck when new to the game, especially in odyssey when you get your first conquest battle and have a few of assassin skills but no warrior skills, the difficulty curve was steep. Being early game, even if i did put all my points into combat skills i'm not confident that battle would have been much easier due to weak gear.
    On the flip side, mid game is perfect, with level scaling you dont stomp anyone and the game is ideal for an assassins game, i need to sneak around and pick people off before any open fighting because i know ill be destroyed by more than 2 or 3 enemies. if the assassin is revealed running for your life is a genuine option, it just feels like it suits a franchise about assassins perfectly, if only some 'specific' assassin missions were lost if you got revealed as target goes into hiding.
    Late game it starts to get a bit easier again in origins/odyssey/valhalla. Some powerful bosses will still roll you and regular enemies will take you if you get sloppy and get hit, but at this point you have the best gear, the resoures to max that gear and every power in the game so you start to notice that you can kind of control a fight and take a few more hits that you used to.

Playstyle:
    ABove i mentioned how it makes us play like an assassin but also, wanted to mention how it is kind of limiting in higher difficulties, while it makes sense that open combat is super difficult i do find some naval battles can get difficult due to the lack of dodge (just taking cover to reduce damage) and also i notice that i cant use all the usual options to kill a target, fire and poison seem to do very little to enemies on hardest difficulty making those upgrades honestly quite useless until i finish the game and go to the dlc and lower it to normal.
    I would like something that allows fire/poison to still be relevant, such as a bonus to the damage (or reduction of enemy resistances to fire/poison) if you deal that damage from stealth, as opposed to it doing its usual 2% damage on nightmare difficulty. This alone would encourage the stealth playstyle to pick off enemies with various means on hardest difficulty before committing to any fights.

Hope someone enjoyed this 😄

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics