ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/23 Replies/269 Views
    Da_Lilman
    Original poster 12 posts

Hi so if i upgrade my character builds minigun levels, my rifle damage increases too is this a bug or intended? Shotgun damage goes up around 2k if i upgrade minigun damage for example.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WrecK3rr
    325 posts

Can't say something for certain that It is directly related to Spec Weapon upgrades,
    but yes presently there is a damage bug in the game linked to upgrades which fiddles with your damage.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

Careful. You'll get yourself rolled back and probably banned for doing it. It's how Massive does things.

• Da_Lilman
    Original poster 12 posts

I doubt it. Iam just upgrading my specialization gun and that gives more damage to my other guns. Every player is upgrading damage to their weapons. Not exploiting / glitching anything just upgrading my gear.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@da_lilman last time they left a glitch like this in the game, they banned and rolled back about half of the player base. Do whatever you like bro, if you do it, you're risking a rollback/ban. It's a proven fact.

• Da_Lilman
    Original poster 12 posts

@dedloc That was completely different story than this one. This one iam just leveling up my speciliazation weapon to level 20 and it seems iam getting 20 percent more damage to my level 20 normal weapon too.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@da_lilman like I said, do what you want. Just trying to give you a heads up 🙂

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@dedloc

if you really knew what you were talking about you wouldnt be saying that as this is completly unrelated to what happened during the DMG glitch ban wave , in this case it is not even possible for them to take any form of action other than correcting the bug , if it is indeed a bug .

stop talking crap for a bit will you? new players that dont know the whole story and listen to you dont deserve that.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@n3mb0t last time, they left a glitch in the game. People used it and were banned and rolled back.

Please tell me which part of that is incorrect.

Now, there is another damage related glitch in the game, that they left in. Explain to me how "different" this is again?

Anyway, you're the same person who likes to misquote me, so you're not exactly a source of truth.

I mean, it sounds like you're suggesting everyone should just do it and that it's risk free.

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@dedloc

i can only assume at this point that you live in your own litlle reality cloud and trying to bring you down to earth is a worthless effort.

do what you do.

EDIT: since you also edited im gonna try to be as simple as i can for you to understand .

DMG glitch required intentionaly knowing how and where to do it to trigger it ,it was really a glitch that had to be triggered in an unusual way , but what really lead to the bans was for the public crying from some players and all the YT scandal about it .

this is a bug that a player who never been to a forum can trigger , its part of an upgrade process that its in the game , nothing unusual has to be done , no one can be punished for it , they would really be in a legal mess if they even tryed to ban a player for it.

i had my tac 50 and mantis on 15 waaay before this was known , i can expect a ban? i dont think so , so stop talking BS.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@n3mb0t so, you're not going to explain how this is risk free and everyone should just go use the damage glitch?

I am disappoint 😞

• DEDloc
    157 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • xcel30
    840 posts

@dedloc last time it was tied to repeating same action multiple times on purpose when using a minigun, more similar to bugs that let players be invisible in DZ, that they warned people to stop doing and there would be rollbacks if people did it.

Less using their own upgrade system that the only action needed to cause the bug is to literally use them system

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@xcel30 so people know it's a glitch and they're doing it anyway because "it's different" LOL
    Has Massive weighed in on this yet? Or even acknowledged it?

• xcel30
    840 posts

@dedloc its a bug that doesnt require really specific inputs to create the situation other than following the in game prompts in the menu.

We had a DZ bug that would give you infinite regenerating armor, it was caused by using armor...thats it, no weird inputs or anything like that, and exactly because it was so simple and direct caused by following a normal set of actions they said they wouldnt ban anyone

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@xcel30 so to be clear, it's a glitch, you know it's a glitch,but you're doing it because it's somehow ok? I seem to remember the last time this happened, they asked everyone not to do it and said they would patch it, which they did, so I wonder what they have to say about this. It could be argued that you're advancing in the game faster than you should be because of it. It could take time off of speed runs and render the leaderboards to be an even bigger mess than they are now, I mean, the list goes on and on. Weren't you one of the people who was really concerned about the balance of the game? Because it seems like a bunch of people just running around openly glitching their damage is much more harmful to the game than a set that already got nerfed, don't you think?

• DEDloc
    157 posts

Anyway, as I said to the OP, you do whatever you want. I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do.

• xcel30
    840 posts

@dedloc Last time they made an announcement on how you could use a bug to create an advantage, but the necessary steps to replicate were specific enough that the amount it happened was clearly higher than by mistake so they warned the community.

ams there was another case where all you needed to get infinite armor was to use an armor kit, which is expected behaviour to do when taking damage so it was impossible to keep track of how much was intentional or not.

The new bug is also related to upgrading any weapon, not just signature weapons so its very troublesome to check for behaviour of being intentional abuse or not.

Funny thing you started by accusing me of doing the glitch yet if you upgraded any items at all you also used the glitch, so congrats you are accussing everyone who didnt check the internet for this new and isnt aware of it as evil hacker. Do have a fireproof way of checking everyone who upgraded with malicious intent?

• Whiskytex
    43 posts

Seems like a waste of resources. One, they'll probably patch it soon. Two, skills about to get reworked.

• DEDloc
    157 posts

@xcel30 if I recall one metric they used last time was if people had done it after a particular date, since it was assumed most knew about it by then. ....and no sorry, I haven't done it. I haven't applied any upgrades to spec weapons.

Suggested Topics