ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNZIPPEDUNIKORN
    Original poster 17 posts

Edit: I realized what I said might been a bit over the top and thus I adjusted accordingly.

Before you get your fingers in a twist, this is not to suggest that Legendary Black Tusk be NERFED but rather some tweaking here and there. Legendary BT are tough and they should be a challenge for any agent. For having higher armour and higher damage output, there should be a trade-off.

Stability & Accuracy

• -20% Stability & -20 Accuracy & -10% Reload Speed (For All Legendary Black Tusk members)
    • When Blind Firing, they should not be able to accurately shoot at target. Hence the word "Blind Firing".

Drone Operator:

• After spawning their suicide drones, there should be a cooldown phase of 60 seconds until they can spawn their next round of "Unlimited Drones".
    • If drones passes by an "Electric Trap" it is like running into an EMP and thus should be shut down at that point.
    • Drone Speed should be reduced to that of an Heroic Elite Black Tusk.

Grenadier:

• After launching six rounds of grenades, there should be a cooldown phase of 90 seconds until they can launch their next round of ABGs.
    • Launching speed should be reduced to that of Heroic Grenadier.

Heavy Mini-Gunner

• Only one option (Hive or Healing) not both.

Support & Medics

• Medics are allowed but support stations are not.

Status Effects

• Longer status effects then (whatever the current rate is).

---------------

As mentioned earlier, there should be a trade-off for having very high armour and high damage output. It doesn't matter if they are "Legendary", they should not have the best of both worlds just like player agents. Player agents has it one way or another but LBT have best of both worlds?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Crash.ToDesktop
    21 posts

Claims it's "not a nerf."

Proceeds to nerf every White Tusk infantry unit.

Sounds like you either don't have a good enough build or lack coordination / build coordination with your other team mates. For example, someone running a skill build with an EMP Jammer would solve four of the six problems you clearly have with Legendary.

• DutchLMB4ever
    427 posts

@unzippedunikorn
    Come on bro, this is 183% nerfing

Stability & Accuracy

With this first point, I was thinking you were gonna talk about:
    When they are suppressed they should not be shooting with the same accuracy etc.
    Boy was I wrong...

They are "the best of the best" Why should they not know how to shoot straight? Or be quick in reloading?
    As if they just joined and without training be promoted to "The most Elite BTSU"....

Drone Operator:

- 4min cooldown on their drones??
    If you would've said 10sec after their drones are destroyed/exploded, I could understand it a little.
    And then still say how about 5sec.
    I understand it is annoying as they keep spamming their drones.
    But their strength is also their weakness.
    When you see them "loading" drones, shoot above their heads.
    (Before the drones spread out and light up)
    This way you can kill them with their own drones.

- They don't even touch the traps, so it shouldn't work at all on them.

- They already nerfed the speed, as the drones moved like dragon ball z characters.
    (It looked like teleporting)

Grenadier:

5min cooldown now!!!
    That means that after they get killed, they can still not use it when they respawn in the next wave/room.

For the drone/grenade movement:
    Legendary is Heroic on steroids.
    So, its purposely made like that.

Heavy Mini-Gunner

Just break the red thing on his backpack, and you destroy both in 1 go.
    - Destroy his ammo belt first if you want to break it easily.
    - Or throw a decoy behind/next to him (on the left)
    And shoot it as he's turned towards the decoy.

Support & Medics

Just kill them first
    or destroy their weakpoints before they can use the support station/revive drone.
    Defib guy
    (backpack/drone & holster/defibrillator)
    Support guy
    (backpack/support station)
    Or just destroy their active skill
    (Unlike the suicide drones, they only have 1 in total)

Status Effects

You actually need status effects brandsets + attributes for that to work.
    Not just Skill Tiers and Skill Damage.
    With a real CC build normal enemies will be affected long.
    But on Heavies it's always weak.
    (as they have 90% Hazard Protection or something)

But then again I don't use the shock traps as they only work when stepped on.
    And I want to control when they get stuck (Foam)
    So maybe the shocks don't work properly and I just don't know it.
    I'll take a look later to make sure.

• KURO96386
    26 posts

Use of translation tools

Whether the suggestion is perfect or not, I agree with you about adjusting the difficulty level of Legendary.
    People say let's use jammers or beat drones, but very few players who have actually made up matches do that. (Many leave it all up to the turrets.)
    I understand why people don't want to make it easy, but all skill builds are boring, so I think it would be more enjoyable if there were some adjustments for the red core, like making it easier to break the ammo belt on drones and tanks.

• xcel30
    843 posts

This sounds like it will make then easier then heroic since by letting them be very weak against status effect, people could pretty much stunlock them permanetly and just kill them with no challange. I think the point of legendary is to force players to adapt to stronger enemies that don't have the obvious flaws the regular version have, such as drone operator launching drones above her heard and constantly peeking her head only to get headshotted by you, now the legendary version throws the drone very far at the start and only have to lock to you once instead of everytime so now the player need to know how to handle the drones while getting close to deal with her, or use skills to distract or handle drones, so a bigger challange that i think is the point of legendary.

• hralex1951
    187 posts

Legendary does not need to be nerfed, it is perfectly doable.

• UNZIPPEDUNIKORN
    Original poster 17 posts

I realized what I suggested was a bit over the top and thus I adjusted accordingly. Everyone has trade-offs and LBT should be of no exception.

• Merphee
    74 posts

I think it's best to look at the White Tusk from a conceptual point of view, because their concept will justify their stats / behavior. Elite soldiers should act elite, from their aim, to how often they "throw" things at you.

The only unfair thing about the White Tusks were the heavies being able to shoot with perfect aim while blinded. It made no logical sense. They have since fixed that.

Not sure if stinger hives hitting you through the walls is still justified tho. I guess we just deal with it now.

• Imagine_Brata
    623 posts
    trade-off

No trade-off is needed. It's better you training and become a better player instead.
    I do not need nerf

• Traumahawk
    91 posts

@unzippedunikorn All of these are nerfs.

Legendary is not hard once you get the hang of it, know the spawn points and compositions, know where the invisible trigger lines are at, and start planning how to best tackle the next room, on a room by room basis, build by build. So many people in MM that join my open groups just open doors and run to cover and proceed to shoot. That is not a plan. Then they end up not having the dps and so proceed to get pushed back, or worse they think hiding by a doorway is a strategy. Those are the worst players in the game imo, they aren't even trying to learn.

For the record, I run around all the legendary missions like a lunatic wearing glass cannon. I am always pushing up, and I rarely use my med kits, so I rarely have armour on. It's possible. You can do it. You don't want to do it is what this post is telling me. You want the devs to make it easier for you so you can join us (us being those of us who can farm legendary content trivially). That's not how it works.

Suggested Topics