ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tiernae
    Original poster 2 posts

I’m really upset. To me, especially in an open world game, the world around you is one of the most important storytelling aspects of a game. So far, I am five minutes into the game and I’m absolutely hating it, because I can’t read anything. All of the signs and the graffiti are in Spanish, which I understand is a graphical choice, however I can’t read Spanish. It would be fantastic if this game had the basic feature that nearly every other game has which is display subtitles, so that when I hovered over the graffiti or the signs I can actually read them with a small translation that pops up as a subtitle. Instead I am killing myself in stress and anxiety because I really want to know what a lot of the things around me say but I don’t have the time to because I need to run and get the mission done . I don’t have time to stop and stare at it and attempt to translate it using Google translate because when I try and type it in it automatically corrects it to English words thinking I’m trying to write English, because you know, I type in English. I feel like I’m being punished for not knowing a colonial language , when I really just want to enjoy everything the game has to offer. With so many signs and graffiti scattered all around so far I just can’t stop hating the game because all I’m thinking about is how much I’m missing out on. Please Lord give me strength and just put some god damn display type subtitles in the game. I didn’t think it would annoy me this much but I am genuinely seething because I can’t read anything. I am Australian, Spanish is not spoken in my country in the slightest. We do not have the same rich history that the Americans have with the Spanish and her language . As a result the closest exposure I have to Spanish language is via Dora the Explora. I can actually speak French and Japanese fluently, because that is what we were taught throughout high school and primary school, but we were never taught Spanish because it’s not spoken anywhere within Oceana. We literally used to talk about how weird it was that Americans had Spanish class, because that is not a language class that has ever or will ever be offered in Australia. As a result I have absolutely no clue what any of the graffiti or signs are trying to say because I have absolutely zero exposure to the Spanish language.

So please Lord just put in some display subtitles for a break down in tears. Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    480 posts
    Banned

@tiernae
    Don't understand your problem.

You don't need read any signs or graffiti in order to play the game, they don't mean anything.

I don't know Spanish language at all, and was able to finish the game with out it.

Just so you know, English is not my native language either.

And lastly, the game is finished, no more updates.
    So there also will not be any updates to add subtitles.

Suggested Topics