ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-WhiteRoom
    Community Developer Community Manager Original poster 35 posts

Hey everyone,

Through the release of both Title Updates 1.4.1 and 1.5.0, our development team worked on improving the stealth experience in Assassin's Creed Valhalla by providing various bug fixes along with new options to fine-tune your gameplay experience.

As we dive further into the second year of post-launch, we are keen to hear how these changes impacted your gameplay experience, and get your feedback on the current state of stealth in the game.

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate if you could reply to the following questions with your insight.

• Do you feel a positive difference with the new stealth fixes?
    • Are you often detected through walls while climbing?
    • Does whistling feel like a reliable mechanic?
    • Does Social Blending feel like a reliable mechanic?
    • Are alerted enemies more predictable in their search behavior than previously?
    • Are the Stealth customization options useful to tailor your experience?

Thank you,
    The Assassin's Creed Community Team

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    636 posts

Not what you asked, but I never use "social blending" in Valhalla. Last time I hid using other people/environment props besides bushes was in ACII or one of the other games with Ezio.

In Valhalla there are hardly any options to hide in plain sight, or I just haven't noticed AND there's no missions where we have to be stealthy or risk having to reload (thank Doge) AND after playing for a bit it's far easier to just chop everyone in case of being detected.

What I'm saying is, the last real AC was Syndicate, the three most recent games are just Action Role Playing Games with the license tacked on.

• Satiro-Volanto
    3 posts

@ubi-whiteroom

I did notice improvements in stealth. It feels more reliable now, less of those "how did I get spotted??" moments.

Since I'm here I'll leave some further very quick "fixes" I would love to see.

• More social stealth opportunities.
    • Keep hood in combat.
    • Add option for closer camera during combat.
    • Add option to disable automatic stun kill animations.
    • Add option to remove item/mystery/artifact locations from the map menu.
    • Add option to have cooldown timers on abilities.
    • Nerf Mark of Death.

Bam, 10/10 game, would play again with joy.

• vassalpoteto
    61 posts

@ubi-whiteroom

1 - yes
    2 - no
    3 - sometimes the enemy just doesnt hear the whisle
    4 - no one uses social blending because its doesnt work and adds nothing to the stealth gameplay, but for improvement, cut the press button action requirement for usage and make it like in the old games where you only have to walk near/into the object/crowd for interaction
    5 - yes
    6 - not really, older games and even origins/odyssey had only one stealth option or even, had none and those are worked perfectly

Toggle/hold to sprint action input accessibility setting still missing from the options. https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/77788/hold-to-sprint-option/41?lang=en-US

• AnimusLover
    387 posts

How unfortunate that these questions come so late as I don't currently have the game installed. Perhaps I will install sometime next week and finish off the Siege of Paris DLC on my old save (since it's now fixed) and see how it is then. Right now I don't fancy being a beta tester...

• pesto.
    366 posts

I can’t say I noticed any difference. After trying it out the first time I just haven’t used the social blending, the routes the NPCs use aren’t helpful either for escape (original AC 1 trailer) nor for infiltration.

I’m just too powerful a fighter to bother with that. The only times I use assassination in larger environments is when it’s convenient for speed, when I’m trying to protect an NPC from getting into a fight or when there’s a weekly challenge requiring it.

For stealth to be important you need to cut the enemy ticket system on nightmare mode, make it so that as many enemies as can get in close without colliding will attack you at once if they can and their wait between attacks is much shorter. They should be relentless, and a deterrent in large enough numbers to force you to run and hide and recoup.

Make it so environment matters more - i.e. at night enemies should have difficulty seeing you when you move between shadows. Make it visually darker too so as a player you must do some scoping out and also face your own difficulties in seeing enemies. Same goes for being inside a building on a bright day, if an enemy is outside they should take longer to spot you in there, eyes are better at spotting movement in darkened regions but if you’re still and inside even if the door is open you know that to them if you’re in that dark shadow, it’s very hard to see much in that situation if you’re outside.

The game needs to be harder, fair but harder, it mustn’t feel cheap, but when you die it needs to be your own fault.

Whistling still isn’t great. If you’re hanging on a ledge the enemies always hear you but half the time they just get alerted bring others over and don’t actually come near where you are.

There are cheese locations for stealth too, like the parapets of certain forts, you can instantly drop out of sight over the edge, they come over, you assassinate another with no cooldown. Enemies aren’t aggressive enough there.

There should be a “stone” throw option or skill, when you fire an arrow to try and get enemies to move away and investigate most of the time they instantly look towards where you are rather than the source of sound.

Speaking of that shooting from tall cover still gets you seen, as if you’re standing up from low cover.

Rather than (or in addition to) the social stealth bring back the disguise skill but make it so that you must have access to the clothes in order to disguise - Hitman style.

Add back the “see patrol routes” raven skill, it could save some of the waiting around.

Reduce the range at which enemies in vicinity turn around if you use the chain kill and make it so that they face the person who was hit first rather than source of the axe which they shouldn’t necessarily know.

If they’re mid audio sample (conversation) then their friends should notice them suddenly going silent.

Enemies should notice missing compatriots. Ideally have some dialog as they did in Origins for this. And increase alert level the more they feel alone. They should start to freak out at a certain point should they discover all their buddies are dead.

If you attack within a fortified area and bodies are discovered or you are spotted, or more than a certain percentage of enemies are killed then the next time you turn up the fort should have higher level enemies (similar to river raids).

Bring back dual assassinate without chain assassination if enemies are right next to each other, often it’s impossible to separate enemies enough to do stealth with the configurations in Valhalla’s forts.

Enemies shouldn’t spot you as an archer immediately if you’re partially covered in stealth from the other side of the map. If you’re shooting from a cover location it should dramatically reduce the range from which they can spot you.

• jacqulina
    10 posts

i have never had a problem with stealth ac valhalla i love doing assassinations,no problem with any of your other questions either.

• marako0524
    28 posts
    1 Do you feel a positive difference with the new stealth fixes?
    2 Are you often detected through walls while climbing?
    3 Does whistling feel like a reliable mechanic?
    4 Does Social Blending feel like a reliable mechanic?
    5 Are alerted enemies more predictable in their search behavior than previously?
    6 Are the Stealth customization options useful to tailor your experience?

1 - Yes, its much more constant then on release
    2 - Didnt notice
    3 - Yes, but mostly the only mechanic since the player cant throw money or stone
    4 - No and please do something with it, i used to love social blending but in this game its barely noticable or usable. So please dev team do something with it in This game and not just in the next projects
    5 - Yes
    6 - Yes but unnecessary

• Netzschwung
    1 posts

Imo the stealth gameplay has improved, but there are still many things that could improve stealth gameplay.

Detection

The detection has improved a lot since launch, but is still not perfect. For example i find the fact that you're instantly detected, only because you're carrying a corpse extremly annoying. (In origins the bar just filled quicker)
    Also i experienced some encounters where i was comepletey out of a guards visual sight. But then after assassinating some other guard, suddenly i was and this caused instant detection, even though the guard who spottet me stood like on the other side of the map. In general i think the big problem with detection in this game is still, that you are way too often instantly detected. If the player makes suspicious things like carrying a corpse just let the bar fill up quicker, like it was in Origins. So the player can still react.

Whistling

Whistling to me is still not reliable. There are many times, where a guard hears the whistling, but he does not go to Eivor's position. He just stays where he is and points in Eivors direction, even though Eivor is hiding in a spot the guard should easily be able to reach. Like behind a haystack. (And sometimes the guards still don't react at all. But that does not happen too often.) The biggest problem is that first thing i mentioned, because to me it happens on half the guards i whistle.

Social Blending

Imo completly useless in this game. And i don't see good oppertunity to fix this. Because i think the whole structure of the game is not well suited for that kind of thing. First the crowd blending should be able anywhere, when 3 or more people are standing close together. Not only on certain monks, but still you would need more crowd, so that this works. Second the options to blend in are kinda displaced imo. Why should i blend in on a bench when no guards are nearby.
    And the location where the guards are standing, there is no bench to blend in.

Alerted Enemies

Alerted Enemies are a lot more predictable than before. But sometimes they are still behaving weird. For example instead of searching in a bush where the guard spotted me. He jumps up a house that is standing next to it and looks there.

Stealth custamization

The stealth customization is a great, but i think the most importent thing is missing here. The visual sight of enemies. I heard a lot of complaints that the enemies have way to far visual sight. For me it's fine, despite the instant detection i mentioned earlier. But if the player could customize that too, these players also had a much better experience.

And last but not least i have a request, that to me would make the game experience like a thousand times better. And i think many would agree.

Remove that Eivor automaticly takes on his hood in distrust areas. And if you're detected don't automaticly let him take it down again.
    That's one of the most annoying things to me.

First i want to be able to fight with the hood on. I don't see any reason why this should not be possible.

Second sometimes it just turns into constantly taking the hood on and off. For example following situation.

You enter distrust area (Takes hood on)
    You want to fight an enemy (Takes hood off)
    Fight is over (Takes hood on)
    You get detected by some other guard (Takes hood off)
    You're anomynous again (Takes hood on)
    You jump into water (Takes hood off)
    You get out of the water (Takes hood on)

I don't see a problem, when the player for himself can decide, if he wants to put the hood on or not.

And some other bug i constantly get.
    If i assassinate a guard from behind a wall, the camera moves to left. After the assassination when i walk somewhere else the camera should go back to it's previous postion. But as soon as i look at the same direction where i looked when assassinating the guard, the camera always moves again to the left.

• Mickhail67
    11 posts

баг в достижении "королевство франков". Хотя все точки синхронизации во Фракии открыты.

• Via4Uplay
    6 posts

> Do you feel a positive difference with the new stealth fixes?
    No. I haven't played the game so much before the patch. But I'm satisfied

> Are you often detected through walls while climbing?
    No.

> Does whistling feel like a reliable mechanic?
    Yes. Kinda OP but it's okay as a tradition of AC games (and other stealth games)

> Does Social Blending feel like a reliable mechanic?
    Yes. I like it. But there are many places where you can/should use it

> Are alerted enemies more predictable in their search behavior than previously?
    No. I haven't played the game so much before the patch. But I'm satisfied

> Are the Stealth customization options useful to tailor your experience?
    I have never use them. Sorry 🙂

I think Valhara is supposed to be a game where you decide to do stealth or combat by your will. It's way greater than forced stealth games. I just wish you add some guidance for stealth to the future stealth/combat AC (or other) games, like peaceful resolution percentage

• Mverzola
    5 posts
    Do you feel a positive difference with the new stealth fixes?Are you often detected through walls while climbing?Does whistling feel like a reliable mechanic?Does Social Blending feel like a reliable mechanic?Are alerted enemies more predictable in their search behavior than previously?Are the Stealth customization options useful to tailor your experience?

Yes the stealth it's better now, sometimes you use your chain assasination and get detected that's annoying;

No detection through walls;

Whistle is necessary since you must attract the guards to the bushs or close to you, I use it EVERYTIME I going stealth;

Social blending its only benchs, or sometimes monks walking, and for me it's not useful because we hadn't enough opportunities, plus have to press a button to interect it's also annoying;

I don't know wich stealth costumization you're saying, but I'd like to see Eivor put the hood automatically not only in suspucious areas but in restricted areas too, and if you want/enter in a battle the hood goes off.

Of course in this last item you can take off the hood if you want

• Dardi_Jerda
    13 posts
    Do you feel a positive difference with the new stealth fixes?Are you often detected through walls while climbing?Does whistling feel like a reliable mechanic?Does Social Blending feel like a reliable mechanic?Are alerted enemies more predictable in their search behavior than previously?Are the Stealth customization options useful to tailor your experience?

Stealth is a lot better now. Whistle does not always work. Social blending is silly in this game. I never use it.

• cless711
    9 posts

@Ubi-WhiteRoom

I just started playing AC Valhalla again so i can't really remember how it was on launch but...

1. For Stealth I did notice that detection isn't horrible. When i was doing the mystery trials when they released, I remember being infruiated by how fast i would get detected for just peeking at the wrong time.
    2. As far as I've played so far, I have not been detected while climbing.
    3. Whistling hasn't really changed, I feel. If something has changed with it, I really don't know what it could be.
    4. I do love that you guys added some social stealth in Valhalla, but sadly there aren't too many places to use it right now. Hopefully the ending of Eivors story DLC will give us those opportunities though!
    5. I feel like guards, when alerted, just go absolutely apeshit still. I was doing a mystery trial earlier and when i got detected, guards started to climb a guard tower, got stuck and just couldn't move anymore. Other times they just start grouping up when they get alerted to a dead body for too long and if you do one wrong step, you don't even get the white detection bar. You just get instantly detected.
    6. Maybe i missed it, but i haven't seen any customization options for stealth. Maybe I haven't looked into it.
  • FarohkTazim
    60 posts

@Ubi-WhiteRoom I wanna report that I think the Stealth gets broken in River Raids. The Stealth is non-existent when I've alerted the whole map -- even if the it's at 50% Alert.

So long I'm out of cover, they can detect me from 3 miles away.

• jhunter1948
    1 posts

e Est-ce que je suis censé avoir une icône sur mon bureau pour édition Ragnarok ?

Suggested Topics