ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• muskel_maskinen
    Original poster 2 posts

Every day I grow more tired and get more disappointed with what Ubisoft is doing with the Rainbow Six franchise. I even think that what they're doing is disrespectful to Tom Clancy's work. It is so clear to me and to many more that Ubisoft has completely lost their vision for Rainbow Six. I'm here to speak up for the people that wish that Ubisoft could get back on track with what Rainbow Six is, and always has been. Because no matter who I ask, be it friends in real life or people I meet online, they all say that they wish that Rainbow Six could be more like what it used to be.

Tom Clancy was all about tactical realism. As someone who has read the books, I can confidently say that I've never read books by an author with more attention to detail and nerve-racking than Tom Clancy. What made the heroes of Tom Clancy different from the heroes of modern day Rainbow Six Siege and other games and movies today is that these heroes could actually exist. People like John Clarke and Domingo Chavez, they felt like real life superheroes. Not in the sense that they had superpowers, but in the way they helped people. Present day Rainbow Six Siege is full of unrealistic gadgets, over exaggerated characters and operators that literally are fighting each other. How did we go from an international anti-terrorist force to Valorant operators fighting each other? The whole purpose of Rainbow was to bring out the best of the best from all over the world, regardless of political views or backgrounds to fight a common enemy. What's the point of all this inclusivity if they're going to end up fighting each other anyway? We have operators like Iana, who literally is an albino. That makes no [censored] sense. Albinos are sensitive to light changes, which means that they are in no way suited for special anti-terrorist deployments. We also have Osa, a trans woman which also makes no sense. Why would you, as a member of this task force, go around taking stop hormones which literally worsens your ability to do your work? There are reasons why we don't see these people represented in this line of work in real life. Because when it comes down to life or death, we have to go for the option that is most likely to save a life. And then we have gadgets like Gemini which looks like it's even too modern for Star Wars, and don't even get me started on the newest Valorant smoke wall. The bios of each operator used to display relevant training and information on their brief psychology, almost like files from real life. Nowadays we see astrounats like Iana, Indiana Jones in the form of Amaru and Argentinian Robin Hood Flores. I understand that there are going to be some creative liberties taken with a game, I even want that to happen. I don't want a boring game where everybody is the same and literally run around with the same weapon, of course not! What I think is important is finding a middle ground. For example, I have no problem with a 58 year old operator like Thacher being in the game. In real life or in the books made by Tom Clancy that would make no sense, since that is way too old for this line of work, but it is a game after all, so it's fine. In the original book by Tom Clancy there also are no women on the team which isn't that weird since in almost every aspect men are more suited for this type of work. I have no problem with female operators (though it seems like Ubisoft has completely stopped adding male operators which I think is a problem). And if we look at just the pathfinder operators, it makes no sense to have that many different gadgets in one single team, but then again, it is a game so I don't care. I understand that they want to appeal to a wider audience, but it ruins the big picture. I myself have no need to feel represented, I just want a good game.

When the game released in 2015 it seemed like they wanted to make terrorism the enemy, just like in the novels. They showed the reactivation of Team Rainbow due to increased terrorism in the world, featuring actress Angela Basset as the new Character Aurelia Arnot. I thought this was awesome the first time I saw it. I never felt like John Clarke or Domingo Chavez needed to directly be in the game, I would've thought it was cool, but not necessary. I loved seeing this modern era of Rainbow Six, because it was after all 20 years ago the old Rainbow Six took place. There was so much potential. I would have loved to see Domingo Chavez involved in this new era, since he would be about 50 years old by now, but I thought Angela Basset was super cool as the new director so I had no issues at all. For a time I loved seeing the new operators they introduced. I think operators like Maverick, Caveira, Maestro and even Thunderbird stand in the perfect middle ground between the old Tom Clancy Rainbow Six and the over exaggerated Ubisoft one.

I couldn't even believe my eyes when they announced Rainbow Six Extraction. It was so surreal, we had completely entered the sci-fi fantasy zone. At that point I pretty much gave up all hope. The only thing that can save the Rainbow Six franchise for me now, is a new game. And not some Rainbow Six Extraxtion 2.0, no. I mean a remastered version of Rainbow Six Siege. Rainbow Six Siege is getting kinda old now, so I would like for the new game to feel new and fresh and that they take a deep dive into the issues of bugs, glitches and hackers. They could reuse operator ideas from Rainbow Six Siege (but remove that which didn't fit at all), some operators they could even just import straight over to the new one (though I would prefer if they at least gave them a new outfit or a new weapon in their loadout). I would prefer if they added new operators slow and methodical, maybe start with one per season instead of two. I would like operators to have more weapons to choose from and more advanced weapon customization. They would have to completely retcon everything that happened with the story during Rainbow Six Siege and start over. They could keep characters like Six (Aurelia Arnot or perhaps Domingo Chavez, not Harry Pandey. Maybe a new character), Ash, Thermite or other pathfinders. And please bring back that old title screen that displayed the season name, it always looked so cool and I miss those classic fine notes, it made a huge difference. I just want Ubisoft to listen to the true fanbase of Rainbow Six and look back at what made Rainbow Six Siege and the novels popular in the first place. I know that Ubisoft really want to attract more new players to the game, and what better way to do that than to make a sequal? Stop trying to force players into a already established almost 8 year old game.

I think Rainbow Six has the potential to be a new type of game. A game which doesn't have to be CS Go or Valorant, a game that displays the real world and people that actually could exist, but still be interesting and fun. Realistic people and scenarios, but not to the extent that it gets boring. Maybe I care too much about Rainbow Six, that is probably true. But as someone who is a fan of both the novels and the game (or at least what the game used to be) it just kind of breaks my heart to see what Ubisoft is doing right now. There is nothing left for me in the game as it is now. If you managed to make it through this entire post without falling asleep then please let me know what you think. I really hope that Ubisoft wakes up soon and tries to do something about all this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics