ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Robbie_T.0215
    Original poster 1 posts

Enough already!!!!! What is the point of coming out with new content when you all haven't fixed the CRASHING issue in the previous content?? Fix the friggin' game so we can all enjoy actually playing the game. All your doing now is [censored] loyal Division players off because they can't play the game they love without issues. I shouldn't be booted to the desktop just standing in the White House looking through my inventory. Assign someone to the problem and fix it!!!!!! It is not going to fix itself. And in the new update.......it's worse than it has ever been. Come on Ubisoft......acknowledge this post and actually try to fix it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Aldur2309
    37 posts

@robbie_t-0215 Don't expect it to get fixed any time soon, it's been going on for over a year now. See: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/127188/crash-to-desktop-issues-on-pc-post-title-update-14/562?page=29&lang=en-US

• blueray789
    20 posts

@aldur2309 Games always crash. However its crashing more often for more people recently versus 3 months ago.

• tcarlisle2012
    204 posts

Games do not always crash. Maybe that's a typo, but that is a pretty bold blanket statement. I have exactly one game that crashes, and it is this one. I have two players in the house, so across 2 rigs there is only one game crashing -- this one.

Ubisoft/Massive, this is your issue. As Kelso says at the end of Potomac Event Center "Enough already... stop embarrassing yourself"

Ubisoft -- you are a global industry leader -- act like one. Why do you accept this level of quality from a studio, and instead of putting pressure you hand them more projects? Probably your biggest projects? To build these games on this same engine? Seriously, you know better.

I love your games. Not all of them, but most of them. While they may not have content or gameplay that is up my alley, they all work fundamentally.... except for this one. Your other studios have mastered the art of stability gaming on the Windows platform. FFS, your other studios have even mastered DX12 and achieved stability..... but not this one.

Forum members -- stop urging people to accept this level of quality. More noise is better.

• F.i.x.e.r
    111 posts

@tcarlisle2012 Amen to that.

• xcel30
    922 posts

Don't believe this will change anyone's mind, but hey information on situation is something i think people should share

• tcarlisle2012
    204 posts

@xcel30 I think it is fair to say this game on the snowdrop engine is effectively not supported. I won't be running out to buy star wars at launch, and I sure as shirt am not going to pre-order it -- or anything else from Ubisoft. My faith and confidence in the company is severely shaken.

Back in the 90's, you would never imagine MicroProse going out of business.

Back in the 2000's, you would never imagine EA losing their leading position in the industry.

Will the 2020's be Ubisoft's fall? We shall see.

• Gabriel.Knight
    274 posts

@tcarlisle2012 I don't think snowdrop is completely at fault here. The engine was working fairly well and as I noted FPS has gone up I think because they optimized graphics. Your ending reminded me of ... https://www.svg.com/146353/whatever-happened-to-these-dead-video-game-franchises/: (https://svg.com/146353/whatever-happened-to-these-dead-video-game-franchises)

• N.TX.exArmy
    7 posts

I have 3823 Hours playing this game. I preordered it because I played Division 1 for 853 hours, needless to say I love this game, BUT I have uninstalled it and will step away from it maybe forever because of the freezing. I have followed all the troubleshooting on the forum and it has only got worse. I uninstalled and deleted the UBISOFT folder and reinstalled it last week and it worked for a few hours and froze again. I even lowered the graphics quality all to no avail, it got to the point it would not even load Easy-anticheat. My system meets the requirement Ryzen 7 3700x, 32 GB memory, M2 drives, Geforce RTX 3060TI and a 2 gb fiber internet.

AND NO ALL GAMES DO NOT FREEZE! I have played GhostRecon Breakpoint 291 hours without a crash, I have played Assassin's Creed Odyssey 83 hours and it has not crashed and I have played Farcry 5 for 94 hours without a crash. Only my favorite game in UBISOFT Library crashes.

• hralex1951
    197 posts

The crashing and disconnects are worse than ever, especially in match play, 2 or 3 per game. Games do not crash, none of my games crash, I have older game and none crash. This is the only game that crashes, lags,glitches. I have been in games where all 4 players disconnected same time. I have been in games where skills disappear and grey out, where armor kits disappear. It is a pc thing, why?, no one knows.
    All the other Ubi games work fine, Breakpoint works fine, no lag, no crashes. I have crashed out in solo play, in the inventory screen.
    Bottom line, it's not going to be fixed and it is something in the game code that is broken and cannot be fixed.

• Gabriel.Knight
    274 posts

@hralex1951 I am using a modified page file with some success.

• chancepaladin
    1 posts

@hralex1951 I was crashing in a 4-man group last night every 30 min or so. It first started when I was eligible for team recognition, someone gave me a recognition and I promptly crashed, then every half hour from then on out, no rhyme or reason. I feel like it was during like level ups, xp bonus, or freeing up an area (the yellow bamfing, every few times, maybe). whatever it was it was real disruptive and the last time, it crashed 3 of the 4 of us at the same time.

this isn't a small issue and I refuse to believe it has anything to do with my specific system...

• Methos74
    1 posts

Hi all, like a lot of you I have suffered constant PC crashing. The last fix posted by Sgt GreyBeard and Lt Buzz etc did fix the issue for a while. But its back and its [censored]. (tiny bit of background - I am a Snr Systems Admin with over 25 years exp in Windows OS's and Server Operation)

I was screwing around with processmonitor focusing on what TheDivision.exe is doing pre and post crash, its some direct interaction with ntoskrnl right before the hard lock of the game. Interesting, when the game DOES hard lock, the exe continues to try and talk to Windows.. like non-stop. To me this stinks of the process has asked something from the kernal that windows no like! and it slams the door shut. MS has taken more steps in the last year to make Defender a better product, and even more reciently added multipul layers of protection against what it thinks are low level attacks.
    Its not perfect no, but no product is.

So I have added folder exclusions now for EAC and Division 2 from Windows Defender - so no more real time scanning/file watching/spawn process watching of those folders.
    Game has been rock solid now for about 4+ hours (as of this post).

Is this a difinitive test? No... but if you havent tried it, give it a go. Your mileage may vary, but for now Ill take it.

Disclaimer - Ive only tested on Windows 10 current build, not 11. Also disabling or adding exclusions to Defender will reduce your overall PC security so do at *your own risk

Anyway this helped me, see how you go.
    Taken from my Reddit post -
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/vkp768/pc_crash_help_sorry_if_repost/

• hralex1951
    197 posts

If this is the only game that has these problems, I am not inclined to make changes to my setup when the game is the sole source. I don't know how a routine update could have caused all this. I think Ubi and Massive think this is not even an issue and that we are exaggerating it's extent.

• Gabriel.Knight
    274 posts

I played for about 3 hours and did not crash using my modified pagefile sizes. So for me this has been a fix. I might go back to playing my hard core character if this keeps up.

• N.TX.exArmy
    7 posts

I tried the page file to a third drive (not system or game) and it worked for a day or two then started crashing again. I played with a group of about 10 guys a lot and they were all having the same problems of freezing. One thing I noticed is when we were doing the power plant we would freeze but we could still talk even though task manager said the game was not responding only in Plant not where else and only sometimes.

• hralex1951
    197 posts

It is more of a problem in match play or coop like Countdown and it is the disconnects. I crash rarely in solo play but it happens. I also lag even in solo play but more in match play, and experience glitches in match play. I have a very good pc and a robust internet speed (1 GB down/ 300 MB up) so it is frustrating and all this started after an update from hell.

• Gabriel.Knight
    274 posts

I'm sad to say, my proposed option to address the hang/freeze/crash by increasing the pagesize did not resolve the issue. I feel it helped, but since Sunday have been crashing enough to say (more than 5 times) that it isn't a cure-all that I hoped it would be. In my first post about it, I said I was leery about the fix actually working, it *helped* but didn't fix.

Suggested Topics