ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ardy97
    Original poster 2 posts

So I've played ac up until Rogue and I've only played Hitman absolution but as far as I know the gameplay for other hitman games are pretty much the same. So when I ask if you wished it was more like Hitman I'm specifically referring to the gameplay. Hitman's stealth is a lot of fun (from what I've played) it lets you sneak, peek, hide in closets, disguise yourself, pick up a throwable and kill silently from a distance that doesn't require a gun, or throw it for distractions and luring and you can hide bodies in multiple places. Of course I know the ac game lets you do that but it's a lot more limited imo. They didnt add the whistling feature until AC4 (or 3?), the hiding in the bush feature until ac 3 and I dont remember if you could sneak near a wall and peek in ac 2 or not, only revelations and rogue have luring techniques (bombs for revelations and firecrackers for rogue which sometimes didn't even work well) and sometimes you don't get places to hide bodies The ac games have enough for stealth but its lacking when compared to hitman games.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• pesto.
    366 posts

@ardy97 yes, but I don’t want the limitations of Hitman. I like that it rewards you for different approaches, things got a little closer to that with Unity where you could pick different methods. But one started it became a linear approach. Hitman adds a little replay-ability through its broad range of approaches and the random factor where if one approach fails you can change tac. The aspect I like most is the detective element, you find new opportunities as you go rather than being handed them on a plate.

I think both games have problems with the patrol and detection systems. Waiting in a place for a long time for a gap isn’t a fun activity. I felt the Batman Arkham series solved that by giving you a great deal of verticality so you would rarely be trapped. I wouldn’t want stealth to become MGS like, which is really a slow waiting game. However it’s good to have a mix.

In AC you play a superhero of sorts so you should have superior stealth and charisma skills to the average joe on the street. OTOH maybe that’s something that could be used as part of the narrative, starting as a clumsy street oaf and building your way up to the point where you’re able to hide easily in the shadows or even in plain sight, get vertical... progress from having to use combat and brawling all the way until you’re able to execute a target without even being in the room or can even charm an accomplice or minion into doing the work for you.

I’d love AC to reinvent stealth.

• DuskDragon56496
    475 posts

Give them time dude, they've copied several games so far,I'm sure Hitmans on the list, be patient lad!!!

• ardy97
    Original poster 2 posts
    So I've played ac up until Rogue and I've only played Hitman absolution but as far as I know the gameplay for other hitman games are pretty much the same. So when I ask if you wished it was more like Hitissueman I'm specifically referring to the gameplay. Hitman's stealth is a lot of fun (from what I've played) it lets you sneak, peek, hide in closets, disguise yourself, pick up a throwable and kill silently from a distance that doesn't require a g un, or throw i t fo r distractions and luring and you can hide bodies in multiple places. Of course I know the ac game lets you do that but it's a lot more limited imo. They didnt add the whistling feature until AC4 (or 3?), the hiding in the bush feature until ac 3 and I dont remember if you could sneak near a wall and peek in ac 2 or not, only revelations and rogue omegle: (https://omegle.onl/) have luring techniques (bombs for revelations and firecrackers for rogue which sometimes didn't even work well) and sometimes you don't get places to hide bodies The ac games have enough for stealth but its lacking when compared to hitman games.

issue got solved

• cawatrooper9
    46 posts

Definitely! For a series that is reportedly about "social stealth", there's quite a bit that AC could be inspired by in the Hitman toolkit.

For example, I really liked the "Persona System" in Liberation. The idea that Aveline could both change others' perception of her, as well as grant different buffs or debuffs to abilities based on not only the clothes she was wearing but also the identity she decided to adopt... that's good stuff.

With all the customization options in recent AC, I'd love to see something like this explored a little more. Like, how is it that we have so many gear options, yet no way to dress in the garb of a faction to help infiltrate it? That seems like a given!

And how cool would it be to be able to dress like a noble, to gain access to certain areas, or a less wealthy individual to help better blend in while in the market? Watch_Dogs Legion also played with these ideas a little bit too... so it can definitely be done- we just need it in AC.

(I suppose I rambled without delving too much into the subject at hand, which is Hitman... but I think that these things also have a lot in common with that series, too. Point being, AC needs more social stealth tools 😝 )

Suggested Topics