ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moon-Pye
    Original poster 29 posts

Every raid I go on I raid two or three places before I'm at capacity, by the time I get to the 2nd or third place more than half my guys are dead. I try and stick by them when we start a raid to thin out the enemies but the AI of my guys are so incredibly stupid that they just stand there and wait to get hit, and if there's archers, they die even faster from sitting there like idiots and getting hit in the face with arrows over and over again. Is this just how river raiding is due to AI programming? If so, that is extremely disappointing. Is there a certain way for river raids to be performed? So far, river raiding is not fun....at all.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    690 posts

First advice: Don't play that mode if you are at a low level.
    Second advice: You can get off the boat without your crew.
    Third advice: They are glorified chest and door openers, NOT fighters.

• Moon-Pye
    Original poster 29 posts

@xbl_laberbacke So, get off the boat near the raid spot, but don't activate it, then clear baddies and call crew to open [censored]?

• SidSixT
    115 posts

@Moon-Pye

I agree with @XBL_Laberbacke. You can do a lot of damage on your own, especially in the larger fortifications. Then call in your crew to clean up stragglers, force open doors and chests.

Also, upgrade your Jomsviking Hall so you can recruit higher ranked jomsvikings. Max available jomsviking rank is 5. They start a river raid with more rations, so they last longer before needing to be revived. When the hall is maxed out, there are 8 jomsvikings available for recruiting. Their ranks will vary. If you don't like the available recruits, ring the bell outside the door to get new recruits. Then load up your crew with rank 5 raiders.

• ChuckKatse
    359 posts

The only thing you need your raiding crew for is to open locked doors and storage chests. I have played thru the River Raids three times and cleared all areas to include the Bosses solo. You can upgrade your ship's storage capacity so you can carry more cargo before having to return to the settlement. I never bothered recruiting higher level Jomsvikings because I never used them on raids until the end to like I said open storage chests and open locked doors. Another tip, don't worry about the villages that give out health chests unless you plan on using your crew to raid. Don't need them. You will be able to acquire plenty of health in the other areas of the river raids

Suggested Topics