ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rashbak101
    Original poster 77 posts

Ok here goes ...
    I anticipate this topic is going to be like a "red flag" to a bull or throwing a cat amongst the pigeons. Whatever your thoughts, please be respectful as this is not the place to vent your rage. I AM ONLY REFERRING TO THE PVE ASPECT OF THE GAME.
    I am of the view that there should be an option ingame to buy (yes buy) gear or weapons or upgrade items. Players are already "paying" - not in cash but in valuable time. The game can be compared to a slot machine designed to creating an addict getting that momentary high when gaining some weapon, gear, profiency. whatever. I enjoy playing the game for the story aspect and like to get lost in it after a long day in the real world but noticed that a portion of the player base are being sucked into the endless grind to the detriment of their real world responsibilities. Case in point: playing one night with a random group, a player yells at a todler to "shut the @#%% up. Can't you see I am playing". Very concerning. Maybe a psychologist somwhere will do a research study on the the impact on the "obsessional grind" mechanic of the game on the health and wellbeing of some of the players.
    Another case in point I would like to add:
    I know of several individuals who took a day off work to grind the game - lost a day's pay to up their proficiency levels.
    Go figure.
    I don't think "play to win" is a useful concept as there is no "win". Maybe "pay to achieve more with cash rather than valuable time" OF COURSE this should be a choice as some players may be more solvent with time than money or enjoy the grind.
    Keen to see the well-reasoned responses! Please be mindful of the code of conduct and spare me any personal attacks.
    Take care agents, take the red pill and enjoy the real world.
    Cheers.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Semaarius
    24 posts

@rashbak101

So im just going to ask your opinion then, since you dont want obvious comments.

What step should development take then for the Darkzone? You have zero interest in Pvp but your pay to win, sorry your pay to skip time on upgrades and expertise levels makes it so those who dont pay are at an absolute disadvantage to those with deep pockets. Sure they will eventually get there but those with deep pockets have already been there and enjoyed plenty of time beating up on the little poor people. Which may or may not drive people away from the game since they are completely out matched.

If its any conciliation I also feel as though it is still too long of a grind but thats what the devs made and it was probably by design to give people things to do so they could have time to develop stuff without completely losing their playerbase.

• suschunga
    317 posts
    So im just going to ask your opinion then, since you dont want obvious comments.

It's a troll thread. Don't feed the troll.

There are plenty of games the OP can play if they want to empty their bank account for "better" gear - see Diablo Immortal, Genshin Impact. They should go play those.

• Semaarius
    24 posts

@suschunga
    you never know, maybe for once there might be a revolutionary new idea and it solves all the issues. ALL OF THEM.

• the_Kettle
    270 posts

To my mind, the grind IS the game. The process of working towards goals is supposed to be fun, once you get there and have nothing more to work towards, why would you even continue playing? I think many players get sucked into the trap of believing that the game will magically become 'fun' once they just hit SHD 1k or Expertise 20 or whatever, and immerse themselves in incredibly boring tactics to get there more quickly (floor 10 farms, tombs farms, etc), and miss the point that the heart of the game is in the journey, not the destination.

If you're not enjoying this journey, you won't enjoy the destination either, so paying to get there faster is just a waste of money.

• rashbak101
    Original poster 77 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rashbak101
    Original poster 77 posts

@semaarius
    Thanks for your response. This is DEFINITELY not something for PVP for what would be obvious - giving players an unfair advantage.

• rashbak101
    Original poster 77 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rashbak101
    Original poster 77 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • MisterFibble
    81 posts

Play to win has been the underlying foundation for pretty much every game ever made since the dawn of time.

Pay to win should only refer to pvp where there are specific defnied win conditions but as a term has been watered down to the point where its a blanket term for any kind of cash to expedite progress since in a PVE game (like the division 2) the win conditions can be whatever the player wants or what they feel peer pressure demands. For PVE games this is easily ignored unless you're a player that prefers to skip content and get to max level or gear score or whatever ASAP. If someone wants to drop money to get stuff faster then that's up to them and it has negligible impact on my progression.

SHD watch elitists are just amusing because a lot will have got those numbers by using "creative loopholes in mechanics", noone but them really cares about the watch level. Only downside of not rushing the expertise is avoiding the fairly inevitable rollbacks and adjustments, so not really a negative.

• Imagine_Brata
    623 posts
    a player that prefers to skip content and get to max level or gear score or whatever ASAP.

Then it is probably the wrong game they have chosen

• Traumahawk
    90 posts

Only if it cordons players who do this so they only play, and or matchmake with players who do this. Pay to achieve is going to lead to a lot of bad players in the end game needing to be carried. Y'all act like the numbers next to our names are just big numbers, but they got there with the time played which makes us better players. Jumping in front of the line with your cash will be awful for everyone else until you get well enough to handle yourself at the levels you obvious want to play at, but can't because you don't have the time to invest to get there.

Suggested Topics