ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• oczad
    Original poster 6 posts

I took the crossbow for one mission in place of the FAL, but now i cannot dump the crossbow and add the FAL back in it's place. No, swapping loadouts doesn't work because none of the 4 loadouts has what i want anymore. And i can't find a way to swap those 2 weapons any other way. If i try doing it at the workbench the equip for the FAL is greyed out. I googled it and there are tons of info none of which work to do this crazy simple thing.

Also, the vehicle steering is ridiculous to put it mildly. In 5 it was easy. Now it's such that if you turn left or right the vehicle keeps turning even after you let off the left or right button and you have to let off the gas then back on to make it go in a straight line. Did monkeys design this game or what?! Why is it every time a sequel to a game comes out it's worse instead of better !

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kalsarikannit.
    9 posts

@oczad Steering vehicles in this game has been broken since day 1. Apparently it will never be fixed 😞

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@oczad Equipping weapons is not related to a work bench.
    To define a loadout just select it, then equip what you want in it.

• WID992007
    176 posts

you can change your weapons at any time on PC version by pressing F1 to bring up your arsenal

yes even during a firefight ....you can also change to another load out of you have one setup that you would like to use to suit your mission

as to steering tap your keys

do not press em

• oczad
    Original poster 6 posts

@wid992007 Doesn'''t matter if i tap them or hold them. Once i hit left or right even just a quick tap, the car keeps turning and doesn't stop turning till i let off the gas then back on again. It's impossible to control them. Yet the horse, heli, and plane all allow me to turn with mouse movements. The land vehicles do not. The controls for everything but the land vehicles BY DEFAULT, show mouse movement's in their bindings but the land vehicles don't. And if u tray and add them by clicking any movement in the menu then moving the mouse left or right up or down it doesn't recognize it. I'm am many hours into the game and can never get used to it and i often die because of it. The number of games i have owned is uncountable yet this is by far and away the worse i have played with respect to vehicle control. It's un fathomable how FC5 worked perfect yet this game is so screwed up. Makes no sense.

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@oczad Did you change keybindings? Then revert them to default.
    I have no issues with land vehicles except for that dune buggy which is barely steerable, yeah.

• oczad
    Original poster 6 posts

@kormac67 Yes, but i can't change them to default because i know how that goes with games like this with screwy keybinds and i'll end up wishing i hadn't. However, heres something bizzare...I got in a jeep last time i played and it worked normally. That is, till about a minute later right about the time i turned onto a road. Then it went wacky again. Leads me to believe theres something not working right in the coding with the road itself. In any case, that the first time after many hours of play a land vehicle steered normally which also tells me it can't be a keybinding issue. Might be something to do with my particular PC configuration.

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@oczad Many keybind features in Ubi games are hardcoded in background and get messed up when people change them around.
    So keep them at default.

• oczad
    Original poster 6 posts

@kormac67 I would try it only if 1-defaulting the vehicle bindings does not change all bindings, and 2-the default binding are doable. #2 in my experience has literally never worked for me for a lot of reasons so that pretty much make this 99% unlikely to work for me. And with most games when u default the binds it defaults them all which would be a real PITA trying to get them all back the way they were. I've run into so many issues with this game i'm just going to live with it till i'm done then that'll be the last time i play it. I won't be buying any more FC games after this.

Suggested Topics