ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• desrocchi
    Original poster 226 posts

I might just be bad at the game, but I don't get how the BT drones in the open world could be considered fair game.

I literally finish all my ammunition to get it down to 1/3 HP with a completely maxed out 5-red cores build (it's a close CQC build, so my damage is not great at such distances).

Destroying its weak spots deal no damage to it and does not stop it from moving or attacking.

Planning an engagement based on whether or not it will get involved is useless because in spite of having a planned route displayed on the map, it will just disappear and teleport behind you at any time.

I usually don't finish the BT main mission until late in the week just to keep BT missions pop up in the open world, but these drones are really bad, especially for the laughable rewards they give for taking them down.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MisterFibble
    84 posts

If you're using a close range build why not swap gear to suit the drone?

While a full spec swap might not be an option I know for a fact the game doesn't prevent someone from changing weapons or skills in combat because I do so on a regular basis.

• desrocchi
    While a full spec swap might not be an option I know for a fact the game doesn't prevent someone from changing weapons or skills in combat because I do so on a regular basis.

If I could choose a loadout, sure. Having to manually change every single piece of gear while a drone is raining bullets and missiles on me? Quite unattainable.

Remember that I am always actively trying to avoid the encounter because I think it's not worth the time, the times I'm involved with it is because the drone has suddenly been spawned behind my back.

• MisterFibble
    84 posts

Then don't change every scrap of gear, tiny bit of practice to train the fingers and you can swap the vital bits pretty quickly once you've ducked around a corner or into a spot with overhead cover.

If you know drones are likely to be about and aren't checking the map then that's something else to train yourself to in, although the engine thrum is pretty noticable from a greater distance than aggro range.

• Oatiecrumble
    777 posts

When i see a drone in open world and it spots me whilst doing a activity i normally find a safe place (plenty of them) and i manually change to my turret/drone build.....that build kills it very very fast.

But yes, they can be annoying.

• desrocchi

I mean, all the suggestions are "work around how bad the drones are"...

I already know that's all there is for anyone to do, I was suggesting the drones should be fixed.

Especially the weak points: if I destroy all 4 of its engines it should simply fall down, at the moment there's no reason for those weak points to even exist...

• Boothen
    39 posts
    Especially the weak points: if I destroy all 4 of its engines it should simply fall down, at the moment there's no reason for those weak points to even exist...

Don't forget, you're on about a game where an highly trained agent with a full blue set and close to 2M armour can have all that armour and 99% of their life stripped with a single bullet by some street thug holding an SMG 'gangsta' style and from half way across the map. Oh, and don't forget that the same street thugs are only wearing a t-shirt and jeans but can take multiple magazines to the face before they drop.

• Oatiecrumble
    777 posts
    Don't forget, you're on about a game where an highly trained agent with a full blue set and close to 2M armour can have all that armour and 99% of their life stripped with a single bullet by some street thug holding an SMG 'gangsta' style and from half way across the map. Oh, and don't forget that the same street thugs are only wearing a t-shirt and jeans but can take multiple magazines to the face before they drop.

😆

• desrocchi

Yes, I get it, but somehow the game has always been about bullet sponges.

I think I should make another thread because the issue is be more about the uselessness of "weakpoints" and how they are less weak than just shooting at armor.

Take the guys with explosive bags, you get more damage yourself by making them explode than the guys attached to them. Hell, they don't even get phased by the explosion and their armor barely gets a dent.
    Or the big cleaners with 3 weakpoints: it's faster to just shoot at their armor and kill them than trying to hit those "weakpoints" hidden on their backs...
    And obviously this works for the drones too: simply shooting the drone without destroying the weakpoints takes it down faster.

• mkim31
    15 posts

It's generally best to use either a Light Machine Gun, or an Assault Rifle since those two have enough meat to take out those annoying Drone Recons. First, aim at the red parts, and if you can, just hit the lightbulb. They're not that too bad to destroy in Normal Difficulty, but the higher difficulties take more work and strategy. Beware if you're trying to destroy one in Heroic, though. I don't have a problem with Drone Recons but I'm just really tired of Weekly Black Tusk Invasions given the direction of the narrative.

• MisterFibble
    84 posts

Yeah, with the manhunt shift to the sons might not hurt to expand the options for weekly invasion to include them.

• desrocchi
    First, aim at the red parts

Nope. Hitting the red parts is a waste of bullets: they don't stop the drone from performing any attack and it deals no damage to the actual body.

They're not that too bad to destroy in Normal Difficulty

Thanks for the insight 🤠

• HonestlyOK1986
    199 posts

@desrocchi if you're running an all red just keep a bulletking on you for these kinda things, its what i use on them and if you're already not running an lmg on your build you dont need to worry about the ammo then either. Every 100 hits will give you 100 back as well so no worries.

Also, whilst hitting the red bits doesnt stop it shooting, think of it like knocking the armour off a chunga, roughly works the same.

• desrocchi
    Also, whilst hitting the red bits doesnt stop it shooting, think of it like knocking the armour off a chunga, roughly works the same

It's not, though. Destroying those weak points will take bullets but not damage the drone as much as hitting it directly would have. Hitting those things is actually a waste of time.
    And hitting a destroyed weak point will not deal more damage as it would happen with chungas.

• echolecter
    354 posts

If you're having trouble taking them down, use a skill tier 6 build (turret with drone) and stay indoors. As mentioned already, I switch to Bullet King and hit weak spots. Rotors will effect stability (reduces hits) and when all 4 are gone it stops moving, the one in the middle prevents it from lauching rockets. Now it they changed it this may not be true anymore, but it sure was (or is) that way. Skills are easiest, and since they always respawn close to you instead of completing the route, you can prepare for taking them down.

• desrocchi
    If you're having trouble taking them down

Nope. I have problems only because they suddenly appear out of nowhere while I'm in the middle of other engagements.
    If you follow them you can literally see them disappear from the sky and reappear behind you.

• Oatiecrumble
    777 posts

Don't you just love it when your hiding hoping the drone will not spot you 😰 and all of a sudden a civilian shoots at the giant drone 🤣

Gotta say i love it when i'm at a CP and patrols turn up followed by a drone, now that is what i call gaming, all out war 💪

• desrocchi
    Gotta say i love it when i'm at a CP

At a CP it's usually quite fair: there are other targets beside you, you can be revived by the officer, you can refill your ammo, and there's at least one building you can walk inside.

In the open world it does not happen, or you just randomly have one of those things.

Suggested Topics