ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ashtro101
    Original poster 3 posts

I bought the game a couple of weeks ago, and downloaded it today, but after I installed it I tried to launch the game several times, but it only keeps showing the game's title image and that's it, I have tried to Run the app as an administrator, uninstalled Connect client and then reinstalled it on the same drive where my game is located, but still the game doesn't wanna start. Please help me, I am considering asking for a refund now. Any help is appreciated.

UPDATE: I managed to fix the problem thanks to the 2nd solution in this article however, right now. I am faced with another issue, After I launch the game, AC Origins freezes when it says checking for additional content, the music continues to play but the loading symbol in the bottom left corner freezes after a few seconds and stays frozen.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @ashtro101

I just replied to your comment on that thread you linked actually, just asking you to verify the game files and see if this resolves the new issue you are having.

In Ubisoft Connect - Select "Properties" located underneath the "Play" button and then select "verify files".

Please just reply to this thread if you need further assistance.

Official Response
  • Ashtro101
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-froggard Hi, So I managed to get it fixed, the game now works perfectly fine. it turned out that the game expects the DLC content to be on the C drive regardless of where you installed it, I have the game installed on my E: drive so you need to do the same hack as the 'sounddata' folder to get things to work. I literally followed the same steps mentioned in the second solution in this thread, the only difference is I had to use all dlc folders (dlc_17, dlc_21....dlc_30, dlc_31) instead of the sounddata folder. (Just copy all DLC folders to C:\Users\<my user>\Documents\AC origins\dlc_xx then use symlinks in the original folder you installed it in) hope the game continues to work just fine, I'm having a lot of fun with it.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2882 posts

Thank you for getting back to us with this updated @ashtro101 , we really appreciate it!

And thanks for sharing your findings, they're certainly very interesting for us to know and note should we have any other reports and hopefully this should also help any other players checking the Discussions with any similar issues.

You know where we are if there's anything more you need, enjoy!

Official Response
  • Depressedb0y
    1 posts

Assassin's creed origin just don't want to open, I have been waiting at least for 3 hours for it to open but it stay in the charging screen. And I need a solution for this pls. I use windows 11, amd and i have played the game for once, but this time it doesn't want to open

• Lumad
    1 posts

Hello, I've been dealing with this issue for 2 days now. I bought the game on Epic yesterday and it wasn't working. The welcome screen just stays on and won't launch. I tried to follow the steps that you provided as well as from the thread on reddit but I'm having a hard time with the symlink because I'm not that good with computers really and what happened after that was the game crashed. I desperately need any help right now because Epic's Support Team is not even responding to my emails.

• Scaredsomemore
    4 posts

Been 2 weeks since update and they know there is a problem with it on pc,still cant get the game past launch screen...so bloody annoying.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2460 posts

Hello @depressedb0y , thanks for posting about this. I can see you're trying to start up Origins, but it's stuck on the splash screen. I'm sorry to hear about this - I'll be happy to help, though 🙂

First, please make sure you've got Origins, any DLC for it, and Ubisoft Connect all installed on the same drive. Ideally, this should be the same drive as Windows (sometimes called a 'system drive'). This makes sure the game has direct access to everything it needs to correctly start up.

If that's already done, please perform the steps from our troubleshooting guide for me. In particular from that guide, please make sure you've updated your graphics drivers and operating system, you've verified the game files, you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game (such as firewalls), and you are running the game with admin rights. 

If it still doesn't start up, please let me know - I'll have some further steps for us to try 🙂

Official Response
  • Scaredsomemore
    4 posts

Mine is doing the exact same thing,had the game since it came out and had no problems with it..until now,all software is updated and got the latest drivers and its still not working.
    Whats so annoying is you cant submit a ticket or get some to "chat" with so it probably not gonna get fixed for a long time.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey @lumad

I'm sorry to hear your game isn't launching and stuck on the splash screen. Do you have the game, Epic launcher and Ubisoft Connect installed on the same drive? If not, would you be able to try doing this?

If you could also try having them on the C : Drive (as suggested above) please try giving that a go too.

Edit - I have just merged a couple of posts on this together, so please have a look at the comments above and see if you can also replicate what worked above.

Official Response

Suggested Topics