ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rickidoo2010
    Original poster 145 posts

When I read some of these posts that spree some really vile anger and sarcasm at Ubisoft, I am reminded that UBisoft may be a legal entity, but the people who make the company and created FC 2-6 are real people. Programmers, graphic designers, story writers, musicians, actors, you name it. Many of these people if not all have studied and trained in their craft for years. When I read some of the juvenile level comments that are said about the game I think about all the people who created the game.

I think the more mature gamers like myself are too busy enjoying the game to give much attention to some of the posted comments. Far Cry 6, in particular, is so many games in one because it can be played many different ways.

I expect some blow back for posting this. Don't care. All I know is, FC 6, and indeed most of the franchise, are truly enjoyable games that can be played as the user wants.

Now back to FC 6.

Hat's off to all the workers who created FC 6. It's truly a masterpiece in so many ways.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    480 posts
    Banned

@rickidoo2010 Fully agree with you

I been playing games for over 30 years

Started on ZX spectrum 48. Have seen game developement for all that time, and always it amaze me what developers able to achieve.

There some milenlals who think that makinkg good games is easy.
    Go Ahead ! Do it your self if you think it is, other wise SHUT UP ! Go play other game if you don't like it !

• RobertEmerald
    150 posts

@rickidoo2010 Agreed!... As the old adage goes, "You can't please all of the people, all of the time". The main complaints are mostly always about the same things, like Hud customization, graphics, game mechanics,1st person v.s. 3rd person, RPG elements v.s. no RPG elements, Multiplayer and PVP lovers v,s. Single player campaign and story driven lovers, Total chaos and destruction lovers v.s. dialogue and choices and consequences lovers, main story only v.s. completionists, Customization and skin lovers, v.s. those that don't care about those things, etc. But sometimes, there are even complaints about the most bizarre and obscure little things, that really surprise me,... but something important for someone, can be something meaningless to someone else, and vice-versa. This will never change, but the one thing that we all have the power to do, is decide weather or not to PURCHASE a game, because no one is forced to purchase anything they don't like or think that they will not like.

In closing,... In the 30 years of PC gaming I have under my belt and the over 700 game purchases I have made, I regret purchasing just 1 game in my life, and that game was on sale for $1.99, so I said to myself, why not? I cant even remember the name of the game anymore though, which is no big deal. 😁 Great post!

• GameGuru2018
    270 posts

The thread looks a bit like this.......

• rickidoo2010
    Original poster 145 posts

@gameguru2018 Perfect. Yeah it is....

• DV20Katana
    179 posts

@rickidoo2010

I am one of those people that complain and I still will because I am sorely disappointed with this "far cry" game. However, 2 things:

1. I am never vile and will never wail on the people at the workstations who actually worked on the game. You are correct that some people go way overboard in that respect. No need for that!
    2. My annoyance is at the management people at Ubi who made the DECISIONS on how the game should be designed and the storyline it should follow. The level designers, artists, animators, sound engineers, musicians etc just have to obey orders. Not their fault.

I make sure I show annoyance but I use language and phrasing that is neutral and polite. A person can say "Im really sad as this game is not what I excepected coming from previous Far Cry games" vs. "You ___ , this game __ Go __ yourselves losers give me back my money you ____ ____" etc

Theres a way to say things!

• Sleezure
    140 posts

A lot of the frustration comes from the fact that publishers like Ubisoft actively foment "communities" to engender interest in their titles. Unfortunately, such "community" is mostly a cynical marketing ploy whereby the publisher sends out CMs to act as if there is some sort of genuine, parasocial dynamic between the players and the publisher. The problem comes when communication reveals itself to be an entirely one-way street, with the aforementioned CMs doing little more than parroting the company line. So on one hand, players hear "We're listening to your feedback" and so on and so forth, but the replies we get in return belie that entire notion. Personally, I'd rather publishers drop this charade entirely than continue current practice of stringing players along on the empty promise that, one day, their concerns will actually be heard.

Suggested Topics