ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Flashgun2014
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm getting back into Div 2 after putting it down for a year or more and I'm having a bear of a time managing my inventory. I'm running out of space and getting rid of things to make room only to find out the things I got rid of are hard to get high-end items I need for a build. Sometimes I run out of room for drops in the middle of events.

It looks like I can't have everything for every build. What is your strategy for managing the inventory you carry and the inventory in your stash?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CaliJoe090
    20 posts

@Flashgun2014 I keep the items that rolled max on something by sheer RNG. There is so much loot, it's best to just keep the best/maxed version with you. You can re-roll something once in recalibration and optimize as well. I recycle/scrap a lot, including gear sets. A lot of my materials for crafting are maxed or nearly maxed because of all the recycling.

• Blackiceball
    35 posts

@Flashgun2014 I wish they would allow players to have A lot more room. I have deleted so many things that i wanted to keep and yet im out of space for new characters and they are full too...

• SuspiciousPixel
    518 posts

@Flashgun2014
    1) I would make use of the 4 characters.
    Categorize and give each a purpose for example:

• PVE
    • PVP
    • Hardcore
    • SHD Mule
    • etc

2) Put builds that fit into each category making use of the 15 loudouts (or is it 16)
    3) You don't need to have every single exotic in the game on each character.
    4) If you get a God Roll, Unique attribute combination, Rare, Exotic items then put it in stash with the caveat you have a build in mind for it (note the pieces you need for the build). If you don't, delete it after a week or store it if you have space.

In Division 1 I let my stash get away from me and loading in a month later I had no idea why I kept things. I didn't make the same mistake with Div 2.

• Noxious81
    1174 posts
    I'm getting back into Div 2 after putting it down for a year or more (...)

Welcome back, agent!

(...) things I got rid of are hard to get high-end items I need for a build. (...)

Don't worry, agent. Unless we're talking about exotic or named items or items with veeeeery rare combinations of attributes and talents for very advanced builds (for example a Golan backpack with SD and SE and Creeping Death to re-roll the main attribute to ST) you can re-farm each and every item you may need. And this even rather quickly if you know what you want.

Just use Targeted Loot to your advantage. Always farm for the Brand or Gear Set you are aiming for, not the item. E. g. if you need a Future Initiative holster, use Targeted Loot – area, mission, Countdown, or Summit – for FI, not holsters. The other way around – farm the item, if you are hoping for an exotic drop (e. g. farm gloves if you should be looking for the BTSU gloves).

Farming the open world (activities, control points) can be very efficient concerning loot since upon completion of each activity you'll receive an additional Targeted loot item. Or just play Countdown. Loads of loot will await you here.

(...) What is your strategy for managing the inventory you carry and the inventory in your stash?

I only carry on any agent what I need for the saved loadouts. I usually use all 16 loadout slots and still have around 80 to 90 free slots left.

In my stash I only keep items with at least two maxed out (or very close to maxed out) attributes and aforementioned rare combinations (see the backpack example, or a Belstone or Gila item with CHC and CHD as minor attributes so that I could change the core attribute from Armor to Weapon Damage). And of course some currently not in use named and exotic items. I especially do not keep Gear Set items, because they can be farmed so easily, that holding on to them would just be a waste of space.

Oh – and concerning mods: generally, don't try to keep too many more mods than you currently need. Only keep spare mods if they are maxed out (or close to maxed out). And keep the mods in your character's inventory, because here they use separate slots meant for just mods. When putting them in your stash, they will always occupy one of the 300 "general" slots.

Suggested Topics