ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• hakiyu
    Original poster 1 posts

I played far cry 5 and new dawn a little under a year ago and thought they were awesome games (5 was way better but new dawn was still good) I'm getting far cry 6 at the end of the month and was wondering what everyone thought about it. so far all I know is what was shown in the trailers so please do not spoil it for me. I have been wanting it for a while and seeing that the gold edition is 53 bucks makes it feel like the perfect time to buy

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GameGuru2018
    311 posts

@hakiyu

If you like Far Cry 5 and New Dawn you will like Far Cry 6 as well.
    Don't doubt it.

Just relax and enjoy!

Forget about people's opinion and enjoy.
    Take your time, don't be in a hurry!
    Don't run through the game........just sowly walk through the game.
    From tree to tree, walking through the streets, listening to people, what they're talking about.
    Use different vehicles and weapons, change it.

Open the map slowly.
    Don't get ahead of yourself on the map.
    Do all side quests and missions. Main missions are the last thing to do.

Read all notes. Read everything that was written.
    Even in spanish. It makes the game more immersive.

Listen to everything.
    Do everything that can be done.

Walk more!
    Not run but walk. Like in real life. We're not running all the time.

Immerse yourself!
    Only you can do it. You, yourself.
    Developers are only helping you.

Ability to immerse and to enjoy is very, very important.
    Haste is one of the main enemies here.
    You may wander around the settlement for several days......What is your hurry?!!!

Yara itself is an Oscar worth masterpiece.

• RobertEmerald
    166 posts

@hakiyu I for one, enjoyed the game. Far Cry 6 is my favorite in the series, followed by 3 and then 4. You should only get the gold edition if you enjoy rogue or rogue-lite type games, because that's what you'll mainly be getting with the DLC's, other than the Rambo and Danny Trejo add-ons, that are really good. But the game is now cheap, so getting all the extras, is not a bad investment. It's all up to you!

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@hakiyu Ignore many of the reviews and complaints from intial release (oct 2021) through March 22. March 22 is when they had the "title 5 update" which changed a lot of the things.

I love this game. It's really many games in one - because you can play it a zillion different ways.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

You're sure to get a range of opinions, I'll throw in mine.

Far Cry 6 is basically Just Cause - without the infinite chute and grapple.

That encapsulates it for me in one sentence. Dani is like Ricos cousin sent to Yara to cause Chaos. So if you are familiar with the JC series you'll feel right at home.

As a veteran FC player I was disappointed. The story is meh, the villain isn't anywhere near Vas & Pagan and the guerillas were recruited from a beach-side EDM party.

The usual excessive Ubisoft hand holding is in full effect with a HUD that makes you a superhero being able to "tag" and see thru walls along with a billion icons pointing out everything. Thankfully most of this can be disabled.

If theres one thing Ubi is good at then its world building. Its fun just driving around exploring. Yara looks fantastic. Dont expect Skyrim or Witcher level open world-depth though.

In the end its how you feel that matters, enjoy it. I got it for $12 on an Ubi sale. You can get another 20% whacked off using uPlay points.

• GameGuru2018
    311 posts

@dv20katana

But Just Cause 3 was a good game 😌

Even if Far Cry 6 looks a bit like Just Cause ...... nothing terrible.
    The setting favours to that.

New Far Cry setting will favour to something else.

SETTING.

Setting should dictate. Otherwise all Far Cry games will be very similar to each other.
    The setting opens new additional opportunities for diversification.

OPPORTUNITIES.

Mainly, Far Cry is associated with the southern setting. Far Cry 1,2,3,6.......Palms, warm seas.
    And a bit of moderate climate Far Cry 4,5, Primal.
    But in general Far Cry is associated with tropics and sun.

Far Cry 3, its success, staked out that stereotype.

Now, the time has come to break it.
    The North must be developed.
    Northern setting.
    With heavy clouds, snow crunching underfoot, vapor from the breath and ........Cold.

Cold - is the new enemy. Cold kills. Cold shakless movement.

There are only two types of setting - Southern. That was developed in Far cry.
    And Northern. That is only ahead.

If you live in the south.......just pray, and go on to enjoy life.
    A human being was created to live in the south.
    North is another world.
    Another philosophy.

Even the northern wolves are bigger and stronger than their southern counterparts.
    North is more exaggerated survival and food chain.

North changes people.

Far Cry 3 was a revolutionary game. In terms of mechanics as well.
    Far Cry in the North can make the second revolution, with its new mechanics and gameplay.
    The setting and its opportunities will simply force developers to do it.

Setting matters.

So, nothing terrible that Far Cry in the Caribbean looks a bit like Just Cause.
    Far Cry in the North may look very different.

• Kormac67
    1100 posts

@hakiyu Skip Gold, just get the base game.
    The base game is great.
    The DLCs are rogue style and completely unrelated to the base game.

• DV20Katana
    184 posts

@gameguru2018

Oh yes, for sure. Just Cause 2 & 3 are my absolute favorite! I dont even see them as games, more as a fantasy-physics stunt simulator lol. Great fun.

My problem with FC6 is that it feels too MUCH like a Just Cause and LESS of a Far Cry.

Before making FC7 Ubi needs to make its staff play FC2/3/4. Take the formula back!

• modmcsupersport
    17 posts

@hakiyu
    To me FC6 is an ok game, nothing to write home about, and since if continues the trend of FC New Dawn, it is going down the wrong path. I have probably 600+ hours running around FC5...a bit less than 100 in New Dawn, and last I checked about 15 in FC6. The crappy leveled guns are back, you have to keep unlocking new levels to stay effective....often they are the same gun, same caliber but better because they say 3 instead of 2 in a box. Vehicles are fun....but get in a tank and it is easy mode for the most part. I don't like the plane controls....I know I figured them out and changed settings in FC5 to enjoy them, so it is probably just tweaking something....but I just don't care enough to put in the effort.

The "cutscene" text mission screens just don't feel right to me, rather have a in game character giving the details. The "companions" are meh, over the top stupid, and you can't pick up humans at all to help you out. Constant hunting for "resources" so you can unlock a new ammo type, or gun upgrade, or whatever other crap you have to pick up trash for is annoying to me.

So if you are expecting a better FC5...you will not be happy. If you were expecting more of New Dawn and that is what you want, then you will probably greatly enjoy this game.

Me....buy it on heavy sale, if you want too, but I would just go back and romp in FC5 while waiting to see if FC7 or the intermediate game they bring out is better and heading in a better direction.

• LittleSnail
    3 posts

to me far cry 5 was a much better game also with waaayyyy better DLC

• Nediar_HF
    1 posts

6 is my favorite but I'm on a minority, I love 5 and New Dawn as well, if you liked 5 and New Dawn you'll very likely enjoy 6, like some have said take your time and enjoy, the map is full of little details and life.
    Points that makes me like 6 overall more, Dani being voiced and an actual likeable character, see them on cutcenes and on camps with a well animated 3rd person view, He/She sings, calls for the dog to get in the car and says they love him, very chatty like you point at an enemy he or she will say "I see you engineer" I care for this little details as I find avatars kinda boring no matter how cool we make them, walking, running and shooting is all very smooth, parkour build is so fun feels like I'm playing Mirror's Edge sometimes. The story doesn't have a very remarkable villan like past entries, the villan son actually feels more interesting but not enough screentime for both I guess, the support characters are a mixed bag of pretty good with pretty bad, I liked El Tigre and Philli a lot but hated the couple from Maximas Matanzas. The DLC's are good rogue like but very lite, I'm not a fan of the style but enjoyed them quite a bit mostly Pagan Min (beautiful map) and John Seed. Only thing I can say I prefer from 5 or New Dawn is the setting from both and some of the gear in New Dawn, eveything else 6 takes the cake for me and wish I could keep on adventuring with Dani and Boom Boom.

• Ryjon.
    13 posts

I'm a big fan of the Far Cry franchise. I have been since the original Far Cry, so my opinion is very biased.

You'll either love it or hate it. If you liked any of the other Far Cry games, you'll find some value in this one.
    There is a lot to like and a lot that will annoy, Your Mileage May Vary.

It is classic Far Cry, "a slap in the face".
    Deep, twisted and engaging Far Cry story that will slap you in the face.
    Classic Far Cry smooth but janky/clunky character control that will slap you in the face if you lose focus.
    Busy and chaotic gameplay in a huge and beautiful game world, filled with chores and animals that will appear out of nowhere and slap you in the face.
    Unreliable stealth mechanics. (May or may not slap you in the face.)
    Odd and sometimes i'll considered design choices all rolled up in what has become the Classic Far Cry formula.

It's a good game. I really mean that.
    At the time of this comment, it still needs to be updated properly though, to iron out all the remaining bugs and issues.

Suggested Topics