ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MasterKogha
    Original poster 1 posts

I'm trying to get Steam to link to Ubisoft Connect andwhen I do so it says something went wrong and its unable to authenticate owenership. [censored]? This problem started a few months ago when I bought a new PC. I decided to create an entire new account as my old email got hacked and Dad had to get me a new one so I started over thinking that would solve the ownership problem. When I first started it said it detected my game + DLC's but when actually connecting it doesn't.

Is Ubisoft trying to make it so you are forced to go thru Ubisoft + to do anything this is VERY shady and a piece of $$$$

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• S5yn3T
    102 posts

@masterkogha Instead of being vulgar for no reason, contact Ubisoft support for help with such cases...
    Contact Ubisoft Help - Official Account & Game Support

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4762 posts

Hey @masterkogha ,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I can see you've already created a case, so we'll be back in touch there as soon as we can, we are very busy at the moment so there are delays to responses.

For more context on the cause of your issue though, when originally launching / activating a game, it will be bound to the Ubisoft account signed in at the time.

If you then later attempt to launch the game with a different Ubisoft account, this error will appear. 

To help us address your issue faster when we are able to respond, could you please update your case to include the following information;

• Any email addresses / usernames you've previously used
    • Your Proof of Purchase for The Crew on Steam

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics