ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

Afternoon Ghosts, hope you are all well!

So I’ve been working on an idea for a future Ghost Recon game, and would like to get your thoughts on it!
    https://imgur.com/a/QaxQ3EW

all of the Ghosts mentioned in here are loosely based on real US special forces operators (curious if you can guess any of them)

admittedly the concept is still at an early phase and I’ve not quite started on the Year one story details quite yet!

but please let me know what you think TIA Sandilands85

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Mars388502
    206 posts

@sandilands85 it's extremely well researched and well put together. However, I fail to understand why the US would intervene. But, that's just me. I strongly believe that any explicit military intervention is politically motivated, should it be solely to fulfill international obligations (like a military assistance treaty). I don't know if it's something you might want to consider to add?

Once again, it's a really interesting reading, with a myriad of details.

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@mars388502

thank you, one thing I realised I forgot too add into the detail is that Atropia is a neutral western-leaning state that has had heavy US and European military and economic support.
    it also has one of the biggest Fuel reserves and pipelines passing through Gorgas (Georgia) into Europe.

• Eagleyezx
    135 posts

@sandilands85 I didn't read the documents thoroughly, but it's lore like this that brings our the military geek in all of us.

If we could mod the game, at least you could insert the lore and characters into missions.

I'm sure Ubiflop is about half way done or less with the new Ghost Recon at the moment, so might be too late to add this lore into the main game. Could be for a DLC but they'll have to compensate you somehow.

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@eagleyezx

I’ve still got a lot more work I’m planning on putting in including:
    * back stories for the first 8 episodes (which would release every 3 months)
    * Military based faction mission sets
    * Omega Missions (cross border raid missions)
    * Live Events/cross over concepts
    * different enemy types per faction

and probably some more when it comes to me

• Mars388502
    206 posts

@sandilands85 thanks for your reply, now, at least for me, it sounds even better

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@mars388502 no problem? Over the coming weeks I want to really expand on what I’ve done so far,put a lot more meat on the bone so to speak
    and add more nuance in why the Allied Nations are “officially” in the region

already got some good underlying ideas on how some of the storylines are going to work

• stdape
    30 posts

@sandilands85 I have not played Breakpoint in a Long While, I think I exhausted the Game playing many different styles. Why UBI NEVER released a Mission Editor is Crazy. Will be very cautious on the Next One. Problem is some had brilliant Mission ideas, but only worked in the Imagination. I just think UBI lack imagination, Far Cry 6 was Poor too. Just think you could design these Missions, and actually could make the Objectives work, instead of pretending..

• Mars388502
    206 posts

@sandilands85 sincerely curious to read more. As always, I truly admire the efforts you put into this

• Seraphiel
    23 posts

Love the careful thought and detail you've put into this. ♥ I would play this for sure if you had the final say of the details in the project!

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

I'm still partial to SW Afghanistan as the setting. Bordering Iran & Pakistan, it provides fertile grounds for factions/etc. Plus, we can go back to the Bodark well with the story centered around recovering old Soviet arms left behind, in a similar to TD2 invasion mechanic once you clear out the original factions.

Anywho, I just hope for Urban combat. Don't really care where to be honest.

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@latenitedelight

I can understand wanting Afghan as a setting definitely.

since I’ve posted this I’ve created a lot more to go with the concept including
    6 Episodes (still got 2 more to complete)
    4 Omega Missions (Re-worked cross border Raid style missions)
    3 Special Events (1 still left to do)
    3 TC cross over ideas that all tie into the main game storyline whilst referencing Clancy lore
    and 17 ideas for Support Missions (faction style missions)

soon as I figure how to post pics up I will put it all up on here

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@sandilands85

Just wanted to add the updated documents now as well as the changes i made to the original documents
    https://imgur.com/a/QaxQ3EW
    this now has:

• the initial back story
    • ghost numbers in country
    • supporting assets
    • Allied nations details
    • Enemy Forces details
    • 7 story Episodes
    • 6 Omega Missions
    • 12 Special Events
    • 4 Cross over Events
    • 17 A.N. Support Missions (reworked Faction Missions)
    • 24 Potential Flash Back Mission Locations ( these would be part of the DLC content and would go back in time with smaller open world sandboxes for each location charting the history of the 5th Special Forces Group, 1st Battalion Delta Company from their foundation in 1994 up until the current game timeline with them now being Group for Special Tactics
    • 12 completely new Characters to create SFOD-A 5141
    • 12 Characters from Previous games to create SFOD-A 5142 (mainly Kingslayer, Hunter and Predator teams)
    • 17 Characters to Create SFOD-B 514 (Ghosts HQ Element to be deployed in theater)

• Mars388502
    206 posts

@sandilands85 I don't want to be a pain, but I have a few questions:

-Is the A.N. an equivalent of NATO?
    -Is the A.N. the UN, and therefore use a similar framework?

Peacekeeping is an awful work. Wearing a blue helmet or beret doesn't make you bullet proof (it partially explains why the US doesn't take part in those type of missions). The 3 biggest contributors to those are India, China and Pakistan (if memory serves).

Otherwise, Caucasus is a really difficult region to navigate, since it has been considered being in the Russian sphere of influence and 3/4 of the considered countries are part of a military alliance which headquarters in Bélarus. But recent events tends to demonstrate that there is still a certain animosity among members, that led to a short, but bloody confrontation that ended with the deployment of a Russian "peacekeeping" force.

Considering the relative stability of the region, one can easily imagine something along the lines you wrote. But in my opinion the deployment of such forces is a wee too much and could easily be interpreted as a provocation by the opposing side. On the other hand, it may get in line with the US department of State doctrine (a somehow reworked containement policy toward the PRC and the RF).

I sincerely don't want to be the guy who critizes everything, but those are things I hold dear because they're part of my academic background. I wish we can "ping-pong" your ideas if you ever wish to do so and have a really enriching conversation.

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@mars388502

so The Allied Nations is really a cheeky Street fighter reference lol
    but I think it plays well with the altered Universe when it comes to things like Donovia/Russia etc

it would work similar in theory to the United Nations with their deployments being more of peacekeeping and stabilisation rather than the main warfighting effort.

well apart from the members of task force emerald anyway

• Mars388502
    206 posts

@sandilands85

I totally missed the reference...JCVD, the only blue beret who is allowed to fight back, lol. But, did you know that in Mercenaries 2, the Allied Nations were a faction too?

• Sandilands85
    Original poster 20 posts

@mars388502

I can’t say that I did no lol always handy things to know though so I can take more details from that

Suggested Topics