ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crackcarlsson
    Original poster 3 posts

Hey,

Just finished deposing of Lieutenant Chang and received key 3 in return. Now, I went back to base, gave the key to Faye Lau, and...nothing happened. Relogged, returned and now it says I still need key 3...?

I'm guess I somehow lost the progression when I quit the game. That's a real bummer. I most likely need to restart the whole manhunt, and I honestly don't feel like doing that right now.

Any tips or tricks, or do I simply need to take a bite in that sour apple and carry on?

/Crackcarlsson

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TripleViix
    1 posts

@crackcarlsson Same problem here, handed in the key, precisely nothing happened and now after a relog I have to hand it in again???

• MisterFibble
    81 posts

Same thing, handed it in and no dialogue. Followed by a relog and being told that I need to hand in the key I no longer have.

Update: I ran through the manhunt stuff on a second character and relogged before using the key. Got dialogue this time around

• M.Sinclair
    3 posts

This bug happened to two of my characters. Both times the leader left the group before finishing the quest.
    The only solution is to leave the group before going to the White House and make sure the quest is active before handing in the key.

The only way to fix it for bugged characters is to reset manhunt and redo missions. And never return the key while in a group.
    Even everyone else leaves and you are alone, you leave the instance also then hand the key in.

I am going to wait and see how this is going to effect the final mission and the reward before I reset and redo.

• MisterFibble
    81 posts

When it bugged for me I was solo so grouping won't be the only thing causing problems.

• Arwoonskell
    107 posts

Same thing happened to me.
    I'm a solo player and after eliminating Chang, I went to the White House, gave the key but nothing happened and Kelso disappeared.
    The hunt is now validated and I can no longer restart it. After I logged back in, Kelso reappeared at her location and she's still asking me for the third decryption key.
    I have four characters and only hunted Chang with two of them. Everything went well with the first one. I hope everything goes well with my other two characters.

• Deliriousmage
    2 posts

I had the exact same issue, completed the Manhunt went to turn in the key and nothing happened. I logged out and back in only to see that now I cannot complete and not longer have a key.

• Deliriousmage
    2 posts

I am a solo player as well and the same thing happened to me as I attempted to turn in the key. After logging back in I no longer had a key, and I am just not in the mood to have to restart the entire manhunt campaign.

• Oatiecrumble
    637 posts

Worked fine for me, i have read that doing it in a group can cause problems, i.e only one person gets the key.

Just aswell i'm solo 99% of the time.

• Mazzpianist
    4 posts

I started again all the manhunt, first key everything fine, second key bug (I already had the comm), when I gave the third key they gave me the second key comm. I have simply no words. Now I don't have the third key comm and I don't know how to do it. I play solo all the time.

• the_Kettle
    264 posts

I recommend always travelling to NY and back after killing each of the targets and before handing the keys in to Kelso - that seems to prevent the bug (although I haven't given it enough testing to be very sure on this).

Another thing I noticed is that the audio cue you get upon entering the white house 'quest area' is occasionally absent, and I think this might be an indication that the quest has bugged. Again, it needs a lot of testing to say for certain.

With the 4th target next due, and the fact that resetting the manhunt to fix the bug (assuming it continues to occur) will mean running the whole thing again, any clues like this to save people time and frustration would come in very handy.

Suggested Topics