ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jonnythefrank
    Original poster 19 posts

Did not even think about this when I first started grinding for my Expertise levels, but was scrolling through all the items I would need to become proficient with in order to reach level 20 Expertise. I came across the Eagle Bearer and realized that, since I don't do raids, I would have to level up all gated items with supplies. Not impossible but incredibly annoying. Was wondering what you guys thought as the promise of content not being locked behind game modes obviously turned out to be false, but now is affecting another area of the game that is supposed to bring players back to the game and give them a goal to work towards. This also compounds the issue of Expertise pushing people towards playing in ways they don't enjoy. I've always loved the gunplay, this game (when it works) does it so well and it's why I still play it. I'm not a skills guy and I don't like the tanky builds as I lose damage output; so Expertise pushing (not forcing) me to use builds that are more skill or armor based is simply not enjoyable. In my opinion it just seems like yet another thing in a long list of things that Ubisoft has done to make a great game mediocre.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Traumahawk
    89 posts

@jonnythefrank That's why you grind out materials my friend. Go to countdown or summit and set it to gear mods. I find you get the most bang for your buck with printer filament. I have reacehd expertise 17 almost and I don't raid, or do dark zone stuff enough to buy any it in the amount you need for proficiency.

I also feel like you should rethink your only red policy. It's outdated and no longer the meta. I do tremendous damage and have survivability to keep doing that damage. I can hit over a billion damage in countdown.

• jonnythefrank
    Original poster 19 posts

@traumahawk I agree, the printer filament seems to be the most bang for your buck, I just don't like playing summit. Again, putting players in the position to play the game in a way they don't find enjoyable for the sake of Expertise. I'm not red only, and I'm not really concerned with what the meta is, I just play in whatever way I find to be enjoyable and challenging.

• Traumahawk
    89 posts

@jonnythefrank Then play Countdown, I don't like Summit that much either because of how it's always the same layouts.

• jonnythefrank
    Original poster 19 posts

@traumahawk I honestly haven't tried Countdown. Not a fan of interacting with other players all that much, and if I do, it's usually just for a mission, bounty or freeroam. Something that will either be over soon or that I can just back out of. Another reason I don't do raids... I may try it though. Just food for thought for the devs, if they read it, that they're making the grind even... grindier?

• Traumahawk
    89 posts

@jonnythefrank There is no interacting with other players. They're around you doing the same thing you're doing. It functions like a hivemind. It's bizarre. It's fast paced. It gives you a ridiculous amount of loot in such a short amount of time. I can max out my mod bag in 2-3 games. I can farm minimum 3k filament on a lazy day, or max out if i drive hard and play all day.

• jonnythefrank
    Original poster 19 posts

@traumahawk See, now you're opening up a new world for me! I'll definitely look it to it. I appreciate the feedback!

• Craigoth
    1 posts

@jonnythefrank
    If you are not doing raids then it probably does not matter if you do not reach expertise level 20.
    I got caught up in the expertise grind but realised I was probably not going to do the highest end content so now do not worry about expertise.

• Traumahawk
    89 posts

@jonnythefrank Right on, play the game the way you want and that's why I think they let us use materials. That being said, I was only a skill build player for 1,950 hours... until expertise system came out and now I have been running around in a maxed out stats 4 red, 2 blue Hunter's Fury Scorpio Unbreakable build at level 17 expertise stomping mobs in heroic content. Hella fun in Countdown.

• HonestlyOK1986
    195 posts

@jonnythefrank bare in mind when you are proficient in a piece, its 55 exotics from level 10 to level 20 so do you really need that piece at level 20 anyway? Useful on guns and skills but ultimately worthless on normal gear pieces as the armour it gives is minimal. Theres no great rush to 20 either, alot like myself have got there but its not satisfying and is a definite grind.

You can level weapons to 15 easy enough and its essentially like adding another red core to the build, thats about it. Countdown is a really good farm,n remember to change targetted loot an have like 50 ot 60 space in your bag so you're not wasting time checking every item thst drops. Making mule characters to complete wony and then using the watch levels is a better way of doing the proficiencies for exotics, dz and rsid exclusives. Roughly 5 hours from start of wony to the end, if you've 4 or 5k watch level its worth it as you can go up a level or each time. Depends how quickly you care aboht finishing the prof levels

• SuspiciousPixel
    320 posts

Reaching Max Expertise is a marathon not a sprint. Treat it like that!

Some tips I can give:

• You need to donate 20 items to reach MAX Proficiency for one item (eg donate 20 Police M4 to reach MAX Proficiency for the Police M4)
    • Every week buy your missing named weapons and gear from Countdown, Clan or Cassie vendors to donate
    • Every week buy items from vendors, settlements, NY vendors to donate
    • Wear 6 pieces of each brand/gearset to make Proficiency levelling faster for the brand/gearset
    • Donating Printer Filaments is the most cost effective material
    • For skills and specialization weapons you can donate materials.
    • You can select targeted loot in Countdown which gives ALOT of gear and named items which you can donate
    • Play countdown with friends/clan members who are willing to share items for you to donate.
    • DO NOT donate exotics. Deconstruct them for exotic components. They are a valuable resource if you want to upgrade your skills, weapons above 10.

Optional

• Scavenging points are SHD Level minus 800
    • IF you are high SHD level (let's say 5K+) you can create a new character and story skip to WONY. From there find people or use the Call for Backup to boost to the end of the campaign. It shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours. If you do it solo no more than 3.5 hours. After completing the campaign you can use your scavenging points on Printer Filaments to level up items.

• Traumahawk
    89 posts

@craigoth People want the extra damage regardless of if it matters for them, I think.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    521 posts

@jonnythefrank
    I fully agree with you. But you can also ignore Expertise and continue playing the game as you like, as I do.

The only consequence of Expertise is that you make more damage with guns and skills, making the tasks more easy. If you want this, then it’s a huge grind, if not, then you can ignore and continue enjoying the game as before.

• UgandaJim
    27 posts

@jonnythefrank they cannot make it enjoyable for everyone. I like it the way it is and enjoy it very much. i got the raid exclusives. If you dont like raiding you can level them up with mats. But they way you are writing means you want to have the raid exclusives in the general loot pool. And thats the same old discussion

Suggested Topics