ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

I think this game is practically perfect, except it doesn't have these two features. See the Far Cry series for a game that has bows and shooting on motorcyles, another Ubisoft game. I love bows. I buy games specifically because they have bows. I know Ghost Recon is more tactical so maybe bows won't fit but I mean we have Terminator weapons and killer scifi drones and stuff. And grenades that let us see through walls. I can see someone saying go play Far Cry to get these features but that game doesn't have as good of character creation, and I prefer the Splinter Cell type gameplay and story elements of Ghost Recon :). So yeah just wanted to request these two features that I've wanted in this game for a long time. By bows I mean compound / recurve bows, not crossbows like Wildlands. But both would be cool. All bows. With mods, like sights, stabilizer, quiver, arrow heads like all the different types of broadheads. And--why not--grappling arrows with parachord...? Anyway my dreams. I would gladly pay for the DLC that included these items.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Megalodon-26
    293 posts

@tanjodang There are no more updates for Breakpoint. But even if the game was being supported, the only thing that you requested, that would even have a chance of being added, is a crossbow.

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

Dang I just looked up the announcement. Looks like you're right. No more updates. Bummer. It's weird how games I tend to think are amazing don't get a ton of love. This game, Starcraft 2, etc. Basically dead dev teams. Weird. And way inferior, boring games (IMHO) get a lot more attention. My love for this game comes from Splinter Cell--this is essentially an open world Splinter Cell for me. I guess there just aren't that many people out there who love that genre of game anymore or they're playing some battle royale game nowdays or something.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1245 posts
    I think this game is practically perfect, except it doesn't have these two features. See the Far Cry series for a game that has bows and shooting on motorcyles, another Ubisoft game. I love bows. I buy games specifically because they have bows. I know Ghost Recon is more tactical so maybe bows won't fit but I mean we have Terminator weapons and killer scifi drones and stuff. And grenades that let us see through walls. I can see someone saying go play Far Cry to get these features but that game doesn't have as good of character creation, and I prefer the Splinter Cell type gameplay and story elements of Ghost Recon :). So yeah just wanted to request these two features that I've wanted in this game for a long time. By bows I mean compound / recurve bows, not crossbows like Wildlands. But both would be cool. All bows. With mods, like sights, stabilizer, quiver, arrow heads like all the different types of broadheads. And--why not--grappling arrows with parachord...? Anyway my dreams. I would gladly pay for the DLC that included these items.

I don't blame the OP for this because it is his prerogative to ask for things of this nature due to the fact that the game is full of other assets that, well, shouldn't belong in it but this is one of the reasons why I hate the Studio and what they have done with the Franchised. They turned it into a Rated "* G *" fantasy world game.

I do have to wonder why would one want to have the same assets on different games though. Not judging, just wondering, more so when one (Far Cry) has been converted into a Fantasy/Adventure Shooter and Ghost Recon was supposed to be a Mature Rated M squad based tactical shooter... 2 different genres. Of course with the introduction of Harry Potter Invisibility, Mythological creatures, Gear Score and Pixie dust scenarios, perhaps I can understand why.

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

@fcac-no-moe I like weapons, features, and atmosphere that feels like it could be real, but isn't. Far Cry is a bit too goofy for me.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1245 posts
    @tanjodang I like weapons, features, and atmosphere that feels like it could be real, but isn't. Far Cry is a bit too goofy for me.

And there is nothing wrong with that, as I stated before.

Now, there is a place and a time for everything, an etiquette so to speak and this is true for pretty much everything in life.

For instance, you would not go to a wedding where the invitation says Formal Dress with Kicks, shorts and a tank top. For the same reason you don't want to get into a Mature tactical game where 4 to 7 people in a team needs to deal with a Cartel or a Siege with hundreds of bad guys using a Bow, nor you want yourself getting kill on your first hour by riding a motorcycle shooting bad guys because as good as you are as a Tier 1 Operator and as bad as the bad guys could be, if 10 of the spray you with bullets, 1 of them will possibly hit you so, if you are pretending to be one of them, you will want to be a GHOST so to speak, this way, you nuke an entire camp or base but nobody is the wiser nor know who the hell did that... that was pretty much the premise of the game and franchise.

And even though this is a game, we can still have some reality within the game world. The issue here is that the Studio and the Studio Big Wigs, the one that make the big bucks probably came from games like Rocksmith, Just Dance, Mario +Rabbid Sparks, Beyond Good & Evil, Zeit, Rayman and some other Fantasy child world so they have been watering down the Mature Franchise that once was into this Mixed Salad of Genres that nobody know what exactly they are playing now.

Don't get me wrong, like any other Ubi product, it has potential, huge or humongous potential but that is where it will stay and history is a good measure for facts.

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

@fcac-no-moe

1) You're wrong about this being a mature / realistic tactical shooter. There are tons of those out there, like Zero Hour and Arma 3 (minus the aliens). This game has giant robots with miniguns. And even the first ghost recon games had HUD's and tactical elements that were out of scifi. This game is based on things that *could* be real. It's a scifi tactical shooter, which is why I love it. If I wanted to play Zero Hour and Arma, I would.

2) You're wrong that bows are fantasy weapons. Bows were used for a thousand years in actual combat and are still used to hunt large game animals. If someone shoots you with a bow, you're going down. No fantasy about it. Now would a spec ops person use a bow to infiltrate a base? No--not in the present day. Unless you're Rambo. But I guess if they were good enough they *could* do it.

3) Shooting on a motorcycle is actually *more* realistic than not being able to shoot on one. I just don't really get why I can't ride up on my speed bike and pull out a gun... People actually get robbed in places like Brazil using this method all the time in the present day (look it up). So I don't get how this isn't realistic. It's in fact real. Real life.

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

And, interestingly, another game that has a similar premise as Ghost Recon, Crysis, uses bows and it's awesome--it's like the coolest weapon in the game. In Crysis, you're using a super soldier suit that gives you many of the same abilities that you get in Ghost Recon, including optical camo. Like Ghost Recon, Crysis is a scifi tactical game with technology that could be real but isn't. The bow in Crysis is great. I mean we have terminator laser weapons in Ghost Recon... Bows are actual real weapons that can be used in real combat and have been for a thousand years. They're also very fun to use. And video games are supposed to be fun. Again, if I wanted a pure tactical simulator I have those available. And Splinter Cell: Blacklist and WIldlands had a crossbow... Crossbows take forever to reload. In Blacklist, he doesn't even reload it though, so not realistic. And based in the same universe as Ghost Recon. A regular bow is faster to reload than a crossbow.

• Megalodon-26
    293 posts

@tanjodang They are just not realistic in a modern tactical military shooter. Because unlike using them to hunt animals or kill slow moving zombies, they are totally useless against multiple enemies, especially if wearing body armour, or moving targets

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

@megalodon-26 You wouldn't use a bow against moving targets or multiple targets. Just like if you were hunting deer, you would sneak up silently and use it against a stationary target or wait (in a tree stand, etc) and attack in the vulnerable spots. And not every unit is wearing full body armor. As I said, bows have been used in actual combat for a thousand years, and some of these people wore armor. Go on YouTube and look up whether bows can penetrate armor. Only plate armor and the stronger kevlars survive the attacks. Chainmail and softer kevlar get penetrated, and, anyway, you would be aiming for the head or unarmored parts of the body. And they could do some fudging to allow for arrows to penetrate regular dudes, as they do in Splinter Cell and Wildlands with the crossbow, like scifi arrows with special broadheads (or explosive Rambo arrows). Recurve / compound bows are also faster to reload than crossbows (recurve being the fastest, as they are simpler and less unwiedly), and can generate really powerful, long range shots.

• tanjodang
    Original poster 12 posts

Also this game has Lara Croft in it, and she uses a bow throughout her trilogy of games.

Anyway I found out there's a mod to add a Splinter Cell outfit in Far Cry 5 so pretty excited.

• Megalodon-26
    293 posts

@tanjodang The last time I checked, Far Cry, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell and Crysis are not military themed shooters, based on modern American tier 1 operators. And the crossbow was only added to Wildlands during post launch, to appease the small minority that wanted bows. And in game, its' usefulness is so limited, that you might as well just use a pistol.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1245 posts

Again, not your fault for wanting things you have seen in other games, it is 100% the fault of the Studio because instead of concentrating on what the Franchise was all about, they decided to crap ALL over it by using ALL of the different Genres they can poke and stick at it.

Now, the fact of the matter is that this game is not 6 feet under but so deep that you can't get to it so we are just talking for the sake of writing something on this also dead forum.

The Forum, the franchise, the Studio and the Company are so dead or dying that they even decided to Nuke Delta which it wasn't even costing them anything... that's how bad the situation is at the moment. Servers are hemorrhaging and they don't know how to contain them. They should do themselves a favor and offer the Company for 20 cents on the dollar hoping that someone will pick it up and do the right thing... either put it back to its glory (about 2 decades ago) or junk it and make money in the long run.

But hey, bring it the Bows and the motorcycle shooting because... why not! @tanjodang

Suggested Topics