ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Randelia
    Original poster 431 posts

I have started Ireland. My level scaling is set for enemies to be 60 levels higher level than me. It works in England and Francia: all enemies have red skulls.

In Ireland some do some don't. Some of the large fishies have red skulls lol. The humans so far had either green dots or red dots. Even the goliaths. No human/dog enemies had red skulls. It looks like Ireland has different levels for different regions even though I have set level scaling to higher than me (+60 levels).

In England the shires have different levels but the scaling works: even Ledecestre low level enemies have red skulls.

Just in Ireland the levels are still off. Am I doing some thing wrong?

Edit: I spent more time in Ireland: the level scaling is definitely not working there. The enemies are higher level than their original level (55) but they are not corresponding to my scaling!

Enemies in Francia and England all have red skulls, means they're really 60 levels above me. In Ireland they are not. This clearly is a BUG.

Please fix it, Ubisoft!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Randelia

Ubisoft do you have any plans on fixing this?

Not everybody rushes through the game and does Ireland early on. For folks like me who take the story slowly and level up often from activities rather than rushing through the quests the level scaling function is wonderful. Ireland definitely needs it. Please fix this.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3343 posts

Hey @randelia , thanks for letting me know about this. I understand you've not found all the enemies in Ireland to be correctly scaled according to your chosen level scaling settings, despite that the ones in Francia and England all seem correct. That's most unusual!

I can see our teams have been tracking a few issues with level scaling, but as far as I can see, nobody has reported issues with Ireland specifically. Can you send me across some screenshots showing me some examples of enemies not scaled correctly, as well as their locations on the map? It'd also be very useful to have a screenshot of your level scaling settings. I'll add these to our existing investigations.

Please let me know if I can clarify this request at all, and thanks again for your posts.

Official Response
  • Randelia

@ubi-thrupney

Thank you much for responding. Here are the screenshots:

My level: 535, level scaling set to 60+ levels:

Means all enemies should display with a red skull.

The levels of the game areas in the quest page are displayed correctly:

In England enemies have correct scaling: Example Ledecestre

Enemy has red skull.

Francia the same: enemy has red skull:

Ireland: the map shows the correct scaling:

Ireland, Dublin: Enemy has green dot. Means my level:

Ireland higher level area Ulster: Doon Fort, druid enemy has white dot. Means a little bit higher but not enough for the scaling setting:

Ireland, same location, the higher druid also just has a white dot:

I didn't get a screenshot with a large fish, they were too fast for me to press alt+printscreen lol

But the ireland pics show the enemies have different levels, and they are always under the scaling that I actually set.
    In the other areas the scaling works.

Interesting is the map of Ireland shows the correct scaling. Just the actual enemies don't have it set.

It looks like: maps, info display when you fast travel somewhere both show the scaling level I set.
    But the enemies themselves have "constant" scaling. If I switch to "constant" the enemies in Ireland stay the same and the enemies otherwise are also like the ones in Ireland. Just the 60+ level scaling does not work in Ireland for the enemies.

• StrikeTime
    1 posts

Hey i have the exact same problem in Irland and only there, expect ALL enemys are green instead of red, how they should be by my settings.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5866 posts

Hi @Randelia thanks for the images provided.

I will look into this further and come back to you.

@StrikeTime I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. As I mentioned above I will look into this then update this thread.

Official Response
  • tholmes5
    2 posts

@Ubi-Keo Hello are there any updates with this?

I am having the exact same problem. Just completed the Siege of Paris DLC with no issues. Enemies scaled 30 levels above me (harder difficulty).

I am now playing the Wrath of Druids DLC and all the enemies are not scaled at all. They are green as OP has stated and die in 2 or 3 hits. This bug has made the DLC unenjoyable as it's far too easy.

The others areas of the game (anywhere but Ireland) scale properly as OP has also stated.

• Ubi-SleepyGoat
    Ubisoft Support Staff 840 posts

Hey there @tholmes5, thank you for bringing this thread back into our attention.

We have this issue under investigation still, but no updates to share just yet unfortunately.

If you are running into this problem, please make sure your most recent manual save is marked with the cloud save icon!

Official Response

Suggested Topics