10 = Legendary

How about they change them to:
    0 = Story
    2 = Normal
    4 = Hard
    6 = Challenging
    8 = Heroic
    10 = Legendary

There is way too much difference IMO between Heroic and Legendary, I can run through Heroic on console without breaking stride but get melted quickly on Legendary. Keep Legendary where it is but make Heroic and the others harder, just my 2 cents worth.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    623 posts

I completely agree. Previously, Heroic was like legendary. And sadly All crying nobs in this forum nefed it to the ground both heroic and legendary . "crying nobs sucks big"

• hyper---sniper
    110 posts

@imagine_brata Here we go a noob post to wind up normal players , we are gods it is too easy ..This is why the game is going down hill listening to players like you , not all players play in teams or use shield builds . not all players love bullet sponges .

This is meant to be a looter shooter , not a poke in the dark how hard it is..

What about solo players we all do not play in teams .. if you think it so so easy then run with a weaker build , run solo .

I hate this I AM GOD posts .. and everyone else is a noob...

• Imagine_Brata
    623 posts
    not all players love bullet sponges

That is why there is a normal / hard Difficulty for them .So what is the problem ?

not all players play in teams or use shield builds
    What about solo players we all do not play in teams

I can play solo without a shield. Heroic is like Cod run n gun

• Oatiecrumble
    650 posts

@imagine_brata i do like looking at your vids but you MUST bear in mind that not everyone plays on p.c, console aiming is way way different than playing on p.c.

Hence why i done this post: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/161312/new-players-on-console-a-few-little-tips?lang=en-US

• Traumahawk
    89 posts

@aced_100 No thanks. The jump to legendary should be as large as it is. We keep telling players like you that it's possible to run around legendary without dying wearing glass cannon and still doing the mission under 30 mins, but you tell us we're just elitist and being mean to you.

Heroic needs to be harder again. Quit trying to nerf legendary.

• Oatiecrumble
    650 posts

@traumahawk

If i'm reading it right @Aced_100 is not trying to nerf anything, quite the opposite, his saying heroic (and others) should be harder and the difficulty of legendary stays the same, just the jump between them should be less....which kinda makes sense for a progression point of view.

Think you need to stop jumping the gun.

• suschunga
    317 posts
    I can play solo without a shield. Heroic is like Cod run n gun

Try that in a four-man group and see how far you get. Group scaling is a different matter from solo. Any discussion that doesn't take this into account is a waste of time.

I would rather they spend the limited development hours on new content or bug fixes rather than futzing up how spongey enemies are.

• hyper---sniper
    110 posts

@imagine_brata LOL you want a medal ? , we can all run this and do every day , but we do not want it changed , heroic is fine where it is , (when it works as normal).. the point of this post is a no starter ? why make heroic harder when you have legendary ?. or is legendary to hard for you hardcore players solo ?... if legendary is to easy then adjust it and leave the rest of the game alone , we ALL buy the game , we ALL want to play it our way not the way of the gods on here that think they have the wright to call normal players noobs ..

Why kill the game for normal players then blame them for the way the game is ???.. oh the jump is to big from heroic to legendary ? i though that was the way it was meant to be legendary for you hardcore players ?.

• Imagine_Brata
    623 posts

@suschunga

Try that in a four-man group and see how far you get. Group scaling is a different matter from solo.

I'll do that. then we'll see who's laughing

• suschunga
    317 posts

@imagine_brata who's laughing? It would nice if you think about what was actually said:

Group scaling is a different matter from solo. Any discussion that doesn't take this into account is a waste of time

In other words, playing solo is different from playing in a group. Different spawns, tankier enemies etc. Nobody cares whether *you* can do it solo, as the game is played by all sorts of people.

• Imagine_Brata
    623 posts
    In other words, playing solo is different from playing in a group.
    Try that in a four-man group and see how far you get. Group scaling is a different matter from solo

for me it makes no big difference if I play solo or in a group of 4. I perform equally well in both

• GnarlyAtol1793
    534 posts

@imagine_brata
    I perform equally bad in both 😊

• suschunga
    317 posts
    for me it makes no big difference if I play solo or in a group of 4. I perform equally well in both

It would be nice if you think about what was actually said:

Nobody cares whether *you* can do it solo, as the game is played by all sorts of people.

• hyper---sniper
    110 posts

@imagine_brata I play equally well in both as well , but it does not mean the game should be harder , it is about builds , playtime , and drops , not everyone levels up at the same pace , or gets god drops , making the game harder for a few hardcore gamers unbalances the game for others ,
    The devs need to think about everyone that plays the game not the ones that cry the loudest , if you want hard just play legendary , and leave the game the way it is..

And if you are that good show us you legendary game , solo , to prove the game is to easy ?...

• fredchocolate
    17 posts

Legendary WAS a challenge in a 4 person squad. The fine tuning to NPC's and event mechanics over time resulted in a game mode that should NEVER be managed alone now click bait for youtube speed running.

The majority of players pushed for this level of difficulty. There was a lobby of players who convinced developers to keep the "rainbow" attribute distribution drop rate so there could be build variety--- this still makes me laugh. This would of been a headache if not for recalibration/optimization and the library of talents and attributes.

The developers have given the player the "power fantasy". Look at the video posted. Hunters Fury, debuff and increase damage to a group and add a talent that amplifies damage to those targets while giving the player so may ways to counter damage passively with skills and actively with bonus armor. Oh wait there is a specialization that rewards you for shield use increasing damage and when that breaks the enemy gives a debuff of fire interrupting enemy action immediately(player in the video show cased shield is not needed). Add Scorpio and the game rewards the player for "proximity" aim and more debuffs.

The player base loathes anything that cannot be completed in a week and then complains when they get it.

The player base could not cope with the developers definition challenge. There would be no agreement on how to scale such a change. The difficulty scale will never be changed.

I want the current team to focus on what is important for this game.

Apparel(/sarcasm)

• hralex1951
    183 posts

They are not going to change this. Legendary is fine as is. Any group can do any stronghold fairly easily. Also, Legendary is no different from before, with the right build you can do it readily.

• Aced_100
    Original poster 205 posts

I'm actually suggesting the opposite to what some seem to think I mean or haven't read my post all the way through, it's to make the progression in the game more even, it would get players ready for the next jump. At the moment we have very small jumps in difficulty, a big jump to Heroic from Challenging and then a HUGE HUGE one to Legendary. It would be naive to suggest that this is how it should be, the devs tacked on Legendary to satisfy the one percent and forgot about the other 99% of players IMO.

People improve by steadily increasing the difficulty, you don't just run the 100 metres when training for the marathon.

Also, Legendary is no different from before, with the right build you can do it readily.

You play on console?

• hralex1951
    183 posts

I play on pc, it may be different for console gamers. I cannot speak to that. I did Capital on Leg 4 times tonight with 4 teams of randoms and they were relatively easy. I can only speak for my experience.

• xcel30
    840 posts

I do think they could do some tweaks to challenging to be slighty harder to fill the gap better between hard and heroic. But as the devs said themselves, over time the game will probably get easier not only due expertise system that is meant to reward long time play, but due adding more gear, reworking talents, and generally adding more tools for players that results in them becoming stronger. I just hope it doesn't fall into the payday 2 curse of every difficulty rebalance just adds a new one that is meant ot full a gap but the others get reworked so a new gap appears which just results into looping back into the first situation.

Suggested Topics