ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Roman64s
    Original poster 3 posts

Playing Far Cry 6, if I get into a menu or something else, my CPU Utilization drops to 5 or less and stays there, effectively locking the game to 20 fps or less, nothing works except for a restart and the issue is random and frequent enough that I can't play the game at all. I open the map, thats it, it gets locked to 15 FPS and I have to reopen the game.

Looking at my utilization values, the GPU is locked at 99% (normal) and the CPU is somewhere near 5%.

It doesn't happen as long as I don't open a menu, I have absolutely no progress in this game thanks to this annoying issue that doesn't let me play, I can't open the map or even pause this thing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Roman64s! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing low FPS whilst playing Far Cry 6. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend that you try these basic PC troubleshooting steps. These steps help to tackle a number of common causes behind technical issues in-game, such as performance issues like this, and provide us with a great starting point for any additional investigation that may be required.

If you're still having trouble after trying these basic troubleshooting steps, would you please be able to provide us with the following information:

• Your system specs (CPU / GPU).
    • Have you got the HD texture pack installed? If so, have you tried uninstalling this to see if this helps to alleviate the issue at all?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Roman64s
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-borealis

Tried those general troubleshooting steps, they do not work.

Specs are :

8700K @4.8GHz
    1650 Super OC'd
    3600 MHz 2x8 CL16

Before you ask, I've removed my OC profiles and tried it on stock as well, still an issue.

I do not have the HD pack installed.

It seems to be the same problem with others like this one : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/148411/far-cry-6-suddenly-fps-drop/3?lang=en-US

if you want to know what exactly happens, this video is accurate :

• Ubi-Oxavo
    805 posts

Hello @Roman64s ,

Thank you very much for getting back to us with all the answers and proving the video of the issue.

If you completed all basic troubleshooting steps, including the clean boot, and nothing has changed, please reach out to us privately and send us your system file DxDiag, you can find how to send one here.

Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud.

Our colleagues from the customer service team will be able to investigate it deeper and check if there is anything else that could possibly help.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• Roman64s
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-oxavo

Can't submit/No Submit button, Start Chat isn't working either.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3613 posts

Hello @roman64s, sorry to see the live chat is unavailable for you at the moment.

I have gone ahead and created an email support case for you instead and you should receive an email from us shortly. We will do our best to help you with this over a private support case, with 1 to 1 support, instead of over our public forums, so we will lock this thread now.

You can view your case, add a comment, or your system files to your case anytime, by clicking on this link and logging in with your Ubisoft Account, it will take you to your now open case > https://www.ubisoft.com/help/cases

Official Response

Suggested Topics