ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sam.SamFisher
    Original poster 110 posts

How old is this game? Guaranteed to crash at least once per game. Often twice is the rule.
    I know it's not CPU usage because my processor never gets anywhere near full use. I know it's not RAM because I have 32GB on board. My GPU has 8GB GDDR6 256-bit memory and I think the game is instructed to use all GPU memory because I've seen this maxed with no corresponding increase in either CPU or RAM use as reported by MSI Afterburner. I have five Ubisoft titles ATM on my computer, all of which I actively play, and Division 2 is the only one that habitually crashes. [censored] Ubisoft! Do something about how the game utilizes memory.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    365 posts

@sam-samfisher I've heard of people crashing a lot.

I must be lucky because I rarely crash while playing Division 2.
    I crash much more playing Squad.

• hralex1951
    184 posts

@raciaiadhesive Are you on console?

• Nerfed-Again
    52 posts

@sam-samfisher Why don't PC users who get crashes make a thread and everyone could put their specs and hopefully find a correlation between crashes

For CPU everyone could list
    Processor
    Processor Family
    Cores
    Threads
    Speed

For RAM
    Amount of RAM
    Family
    Type of RAM
    Speed of RAM

For GPU List
    GPU
    GPU RAM
    GPU family
    GPU Driver you have installed

For Motherboard you could list
    Motherboard
    Motherboard family
    Latest firmware you have installed
    Latest BIOS and BIOS firmware

Lastly
    Internet speed and ISP (no person data, obviously)

List any 3rd party RGB OR GPU software you have installed.

Don't turn this into a (my pc is better than yours battle) But hopefully it might show up some kind of pattern.

• UgandaJim
    27 posts

CPU: Intel 12700k
    GPU: Zotac 3090 Trinity OC
    RAM 32Gb DDR5
    Game on DX11

Game crashes sometimes every few minutes. Sometimes it crashes once per hour. There is no issues in the Windows Event collections. Game simply closes or freezez. Since TU15 it is nearly unplayable at some days.

It crashes even more then the Star Citizen Servers ...

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

i believe the crashes are more related to server connections than our own hardware , we can feel it when the game is going to crash , i can at least , if its choppy and stuttery i already know that sooner or later im going to crash , when i get in and feel it smooth i know im going to be ok for hours on end.

something i always do everyday before playing and seems to help get to the good state faster , sometimes not even having a crash, restart the PC after the first boot , WINDOWS doesnt really do a clean boot when you just turned it off the prior day , it stays on a suspended state ,rebooting is the only way to make it load fresh and have less issues.

• Nerfed-Again
    52 posts

@ugandajim Have you tried playing with dx12 instead of dx11? Sometimes windows 11 has something called Citrix Workspace which is known to cause problems while playing The Division 2 in dx11

• Nerfed-Again
    52 posts

@n3mb0t I thought once a pc was shut down and turned off at the wall every boot up becomes a fresh boot. I think the cmos battery is just to keep time, keyboard layout and geographical location etc..but not current work state?

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@nerfed-again

nope , since win 10 i believe that windows works like this , a quick YT or google search will get you tons of info on that.

dunno about if you really cut the power to it , but if you only do shutdown before turning it on it will enter and come out of some kind of suspension mode , it was made to make the windows boot seem faster for the average user with literaly no downsides to it.

but when a game suffers from memory leaks this isnt good , rebooting is the only way to make it boot from scratch.

• Nerfed-Again
    52 posts

@n3mb0t Ok, thanks for the new info, i'll look it up because it seems i have it wrong. 👍

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@nerfed-again

small example info

https://www.howtogeek.com/349114/shutting-down-doesnt-fully-shut-down-windows-10-but-restarting-it-does/: (https://howtogeek.com/349114/shutting-down-doesnt-fully-shut-down-windows-10-but-restarting-it-does)

• WrecK3rr
    325 posts

@n3mb0t

I believe It only stays in "Suspended" state and may not be fully shut down if you have "Fast Start Up" on.
    Which in my case is disabled as I don't really feel the need for it cause my SSD boots it faster anyways.

• Nerfed-Again
    52 posts

@n3mb0t Now i understand and thanks that was an interesting read.

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@wreck3rr

i dont remember now if i did disable that or not so i just keep rebooting everyday , gotta check it .

• tcarlisle2012
    192 posts

It just isn't us. It isn't windows 11, because it crashes on 10 also. It isn't co-op because it crashes solo also. I just isn't hardware or PC related because I have more than one player in the house, and it crashes across several rigs. And of course, those rigs play every other game (many of them Ubisoft titles) perfectly well.

And one of those rigs was the same exact hardware that was in use when the game launched, and which played this game with great stability until about 18 months ago.

Some progress has been made, as for quite a while it was just freezing and the task locking up. Now it is back to constant delta disconnects. But the net result is the game is unplayable.

I agree with @N3mB0t assessment, that it is a back end problem. It isn't Internet or ISP related since I moved and use another ISP now and same results.

This issue should have all hands on deck, but it does not. I have offered, at least 4 times, to sign NDA's and get access to a debug-able client build, and to hone in on the cause for no charge. But I don't see that ever happening.

The studio and the publisher have to be fully aware of the state of this game, and clearly have taken a "let it die" stance. This has changed my entire outlook and opinion of Ubisoft and affected my once zero-hesitations stance when purchasing titles or Ubisoft+ subscription.

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@tcarlisle2012

have you tryed getting to Yanick , palle hoffman or Ryberg and propose them that ? they seem to be the more active devs that might at least give you a straight honest answer.

if you made your requests through player support or any of the suposed ubisoft help channels chances are no one even read or cared about what you were offering.

go for this ones on twitter on their personal accounts.

if you are for real and can prove it in terms of knowing what you are doing that is a great offer i would only decline for legal reasons , free voluntary work coming from a pro is never a bad thing.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    365 posts
  • Sam.SamFisher
    Original poster 110 posts

@nerfed-again

I don't think the issue is at the PC level. After checking all my game crash stats as recorded by MSI Afterburner, I think it's at the game/server relationship management level. There is some hick-up hampering game server to client communication. I initially thought it was at my end, and I even lowered my game video settings from ultra to high, but nope. Oddly enough my game runs better on ultra. Still crashes about 15 minutes into every game launch, sometimes twice in a row, but then it will be fine until I finish playing for that session.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• Rave_ow
    1 posts

@sam-samfisher It's just a mess with the disconnects.. only Ubisoft title to crash 2-3 times like that. I see a lot of different rigs with the same issue ingame and everywhere i search the issue online, cant be a coincidence o.o

• tcarlisle2012
    192 posts

@n3mb0t Those are fair points. I haven't tried to chase down individual devs on twitter, and I think raising a support ticket will be pointless. But I will raise one as "I want to fix your game...." and we shall see what happens.

As far as my fitness for this kind of task, I am a 30+ year IT professional and there isn't an aspect of IT I have not worked in professionally, from application, to desktop, to server and infrastructure, on up the stack. For the last 10 I have been working as a dev, mostly on the back end. But I have done some C#/.Net work as well. My instinct is telling me this is a back end issue, so I do think my back end experience is very relevant. But if it does require client-side and/or DX rendering debugging I can do that.

I just need a game client that allows debuggers to be hooked up, and I am willing to sign whatever legal agreements are needed. I expect not one penny for this.

Perhaps if the community got behind and pushed, the community could force the hand.

If I turn out to be an incompetent buffoon that can't make heads or tails out of this, I am willing to risk stick my neck out to be a public Internet fail guy.

But if I had to speculate, they already know why this is happening and the pro's and cons of fixing it have been weighed and the business decision is to do nothing. But on the off chance I am wrong, I am willing to work it.

Tom C

Suggested Topics