ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Stefan-S277
    Original poster 7 posts

I don't know if this has happened before. I just started playing Division 2 about 3-4 weeks ago and I've only started noticing this problem since the last update.
    I've noticed that enemies in free exploration just appear out of the blue.
    And I don't mean that enemies coming out of doors, sewers or something like that.
    I mean that they indeed directly spawn behind my line of sight from out of nowhere.
    FOR EXAMPLE:
    I cleared a group of enemies in front of me and continue only a few steps in that direction. And now, there is a "free World activity" in front of me. I get in position take cover and they dont noticed me. I look behind me and ther is nothing and even the minimap shows no mark behind me. I can still see the spot, where i cleared out the group, seconds befor.
    I start shooting the group in front of me and kill one or two enemies immediately. From out of nowhere i get suddenly massive damage from behind. Seconds ago i looked back and there was nothing even the minimap shows nothing. And now there stand two or more enemys directly behind me. "???"
    As a general rule, I always check my minimap with a quick look between the fights or if its possible, a quick look back during fights, if there comes an enemy and could stab us in the back.
    So, where are the coming from right behind me so quickly, where nobody was seconds ago and I even clarified everything just a minute ago?
    As a player, I can only "fast travel" between secured areas and to the rest i have to walk, quit simple. However, this must also apply to the opponent in a Game like Division. As long as the game isn't Star Trek or something similar, IT'S CHEATING! Extreme unfair and annoying. Especially at a higher level of difficulty if enemies just can spawn directly behind you in a shooter based Game like Division 2.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• N3mB0t
    1160 posts

what happens more than desired is that the server doesnt render the enemies imediately sometimes , but they can already kill you but you cant kill them until they appear onscreen.

poor server connection might be the only and biggest issue we have in this game , seems to be the prime suspect for a lot of things.

• seethingdeath
    1 posts

@Stefan-S277 I have been playing since launch and I can tell you that is a design choice by Massive. I still do not get the drive behind that design though, it's a mix of "always keeping the player on their toes" and "creating a 'battle like' environment" which equates to just being annoying when heroic free-roaming lvl 4 control points, not a flex by any means.

I make it a point to clear out smaller activities before hitting the CP and still it tends to turn into a massive and unnecessary brawl when all I wanted to do was focus on the CP. Just wait until you're doing a high-end CP and an elite resource convoy spawns on top of you, and then you get rogue agents immediately afterwards.

• HybridFreak
    15 posts

I regularly encounter this as well on Xbox. A big part of why I don't run the open world on heroic anymore. At least on challenging I have a second to at least react.

There's not much you can do when the mini map doesn't show any red or enemies until you're suddenly taking damage from behind. And on heroic if they catch you by surprise, chances are you're boned.

• Aced_100
    264 posts
    I make it a point to clear out smaller activities before hitting the CP and still it tends to turn into a massive and unnecessary brawl when all I wanted to do was focus on the CP. Just wait until you're doing a high-end CP and an elite resource convoy spawns on top of you, and then you get rogue agents immediately afterwards.

Its crazy sometimes, you keep getting the additional hostiles incoming and you think they will never stop, then like you said the elite resource convoy followed by rogue agents. I say the games gone feral when this happens.

• F.i.x.e.r
    119 posts

I think massive first introduced this form of game mechanic with the West side Piers addition to Division 1. I remember they were told then by the players (including me) that we didn't like it. Seems they didn't listen, surprise, surprise.

• Imagine_Brata
    760 posts
    IT'S CHEATING! Extreme unfair and annoying. Especially at a higher level of difficulty if enemies just can spawn directly behind you in a shooter based Game like Division 2.

That's how it should be at Heroic. I usually trigger everything I see before I start a CP4. and no minimap. Then my m870 gets to work

• desrocchi
    226 posts

I had some problems with the new Captain Lewis mission and had to run it a few times.

There's a point in the garage fight where the enemies are spawned out of nowhere but theoretically hidden from the player (because you're supposed to be on the other side of the garage), but I ran behind the enemy lines and pretty much put myself into a spawn point... I was literally surrounded by 2 warhounds and 3 BT at point blank.

• B0bb1_Z3r0
    2 posts

@Stefan-S277 and they’ll be like 4 different factions. I just logged off because they did that to me. Public execution with Heavy gunner (True Sons), then out of nowhere a group of Outcasts states attacking me from behind… the street i just came down.

servers also conveniently forget i have armor regen and armor on kill.

i just log out and play something else when this happens. I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. It’s a design flaw

• GnarlyAtol1793
    643 posts

Just wait until you're doing a high-end CP and an elite resource convoy spawns on top of you,“

Its not happening all the time. But this as an example why I like the open world activities to a certain extent, the randomness, less linear feel, you are confronted with random encounters, great for me.

But I understand, that’s nothing if one looks for quickly completing a task to get a reward or relaxed after work gameplay.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    643 posts

@Imagine_Brata

„Then my m870 gets to work“

you nasty nasty nasty killer 😊🌷

• Gravelmead
    73 posts

@Stefan-S277 Yep, started my 4th playthrough a few days ago and noticed straight away how we are right back how it was on release as far as spawning enemy's behind you go. In fact I just died from this. All enemy's were in front, al clear behind, there was even a group of my own settlers behind me and then out of the blue a couple of goons with bats were beating the hell out of me from behind. Not good, not fun, or it wasn't fun then and it's not any better now.
    Also noticed that loot is a bit trash now. Why are they trying to take away what bit of fun the game had, are they trying to bore us to death?

Suggested Topics