ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• LordTussaud
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello,

I am a twitch streamer and was attempting to stream Valhalla last night. I really enjoy the game and wanted to share it with my community. I did run into an issue where when I would enter a cut scene it would stop playing the dialog in the stream itself. I am playing on a Xbox X, and the game and my twitch is fully up to date. I am not sure if this was done intentionally or not, but I wanted to reach out to Ubisoft because I really look forward to sharing this game with my community more in the future. Here you will find a link: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n03iM-x3rwXqeQxqH6ct1iWN3xPCeEVi/view?usp=sharing) to a recording that shows the issue.

If this was intentional, I am perfectly fine with that as I want to ensure supporting the game as much as possible, but I wanted to check with your team to ensure I am not doing something wrong.

Thank you,

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@lordtussaud Hey there! Thank you for reaching out. Thank you also for your love of Valhalla and streaming the game. 😊

Just to ensure I am fully understanding, did you have sound in the cutscenes on the Xbox X but it did not translate to the Stream?

Official Response
  • LordTussaud
    Original poster 3 posts

@UbiSushiVamp Hey there, I apologize for the delay I didn't get an email notification of a response. Yes, in my headset I could hear the cutscene however it didn't come through on my stream or my vod.

• HIDDEN1NE
    198 posts

@LordTussaud

Okay it sounds like something I reported and thought was fixed, but didn’t fix for myself either

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/160869/dialogue-issue-with-game-capture

Here I posted about the same issue you’re having, playing the game all is fine, but my recordings don’t capture the dialogue when I’m wearing my headset and have a 3D audio setting selected (Sonic/Dolby). I thought it had fixed when I was able to record Eivor talking to herself about Excalibur, but it seemed to allow only that, because cutscene dialogue is still missing for me. I wasn’t going to re-mention it, but seeing your post about it I thought why not since there’s multiple of us now.

@UbiSushiVamp

I know we last spoke on my post about it being fixed but as stated above sort of false hope, I asked Microsoft about this as I thought in my OG post, and they thought it’d be odd for a general xbox update to interfere that specifically with only one game too, so they recommended it was something within the Valhalla sound. When it was just me I was whatever about it, but especially for streamers I can imagine that would be detrimental to their channel. So to the dev team — I’d look at what’s going on with the sound when an Xbox user switches to a 3D audio setting with a headset, and why specifically that’s making the dialogue disappear.

• LordTussaud
    Original poster 3 posts

@HIDDEN1NE Thank you, i am so glad that I am not alone, I have been refraining from streaming the game on my Xbox because it is such a story driven game and my chat doesn't want to read all of the cutscenes. My goal is to expand into raiding on the weekends so my chat can control when I raid things on river raids. It will be a blast!

I will say I am not sure what audio settings I have when I am wearing my headset, I can always run some test streams and try out the different settings, but it is only Valhalla having this issue. I could theoretically attempt a AC Black Flag to see if it allows the cutscene audio from that game. I am not sure if that would be beneficial to experiment with but I can give it a shot

• HIDDEN1NE
    198 posts

@LordTussaud

Fasho that sounds dope for you!

For me I noticed if I had my headset audio to stereo uncompressed, it allows dialogue to be recorded (same without a headset and just my TV), but as soon as I select Dolby Atmos (what I mainly use) or even the free Windows Sonic it omits certain sounds such as footsteps, other little things, and obviously dialogue. It has to be attached to the fact that they’re 3D audio settings from what I’ve tested. Also, you can test Black Flag if you’d like to, but I had the same thought and experimented with Unity, and the cutscenes were recorded fine, as were basically every other game since that I’ve played, so it’s unfortunately specific to Valhalla.

Hopefully something can be worked out though 🤞

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 225 posts

Hi @LordTussaud and thanks for the update.

Have you managed to try out different audio setting in the game to see if it solves your issue? If it's still a problem, please also send us a screenshot of the current audio settings in ACV, it will help in the investigation, thanks!

Thanks for jumping in @HIDDEN1NE ! Appreciate the help and information provided!

Official Response

Suggested Topics