ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Moved Unsolved Firestarter Chem Launcher and Riot Foam Grenade Expertise upgrade bonuses need to be fixed

5 Likes/17 Replies/5007 Views
    D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

After twice bringing this issue up in the PTS and also trying to contact yannick through twitter and getting no official response either way ill try yet again...

Firestarter expertise upgrade bonus needs to be changed at the moment it is "damage" this only applies to the initial explosion not to the burn this makes expertise/proficiency on this skill not worth any time/effort to raise.

For example the Burn sticky bomb gets a burn damage increase it make no sense that firestarter does not have the same bonus this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Riot Foam expertise upgrade bonus is Ensnare Health this is totally useless and also makes the skill not worth the time or effort to raise it's expertise /proficiency this skill should get an ensnare duration bonus to make it worth the effort and again should be fixed ASAP.

These 2 skills are part of my two most played and imho fun builds and i'm a little annoyed that they have both been ignored by the devs even after the issues have been pointed out by me and others during the PTS.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

Bump this needs an official response...

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

Still waiting for an official response to these issues...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2941 posts

Hello @D-A-R-N,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with firestarter and riot foam expertise upgrade bonuses.

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a few short videos of this occurring, so we can pass them along to the development team for further investigation?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

@ubi-mark

This is not a bug it that "occurs" it is an oversight by the Devs as shown below in the screen shots these two upgrade bonuses are utterly useless to the skills they are attached too.

As i have stated before the plain damage increase does nothing for the firestarter skill this needs to be changed to Burn Damage (the same as the Burn Sticky skill gets)

Ensnare health bonus for the Riot foam skill is utterly useless and needs to be changed to Ensnare duration or radius. (NPC's do not shoot the foam off so ensnare health does nothing)

I am asking for you to hand this feedback directly to the devs so it can be addressed as i and others stated these problems in the PTS forum before it was released and were ignored.

• I3eard_of_War
    549 posts

Riot Foam Chemlauncher needs ensnare duration.
    Not radius, not skill haste, but ensnare Duration.

Fire starter I don't use but it should get the best things as well
    EMP Sticky bomb is blast radius, should be EMP duration.
    Jammer pulse is radius, should be EMP duration.
    Shields need health.

It's like giving striker drone and turrets duration instead of damage, it would be useless like that.

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

@dutchlmb4ever Yeah it's like whoever was tasked to do these changes has never played the game

• R0CH3LL3
    68 posts

@ubi-mark:
    As @d-a-r-n said, the issue here is a very strange design decision, something that honestly feels like an oversight, regarding the Expertise upgrade of these two skills? Lets take a look:

• Chem Launcher: Firestarter - Upgrade bonus: +1.0% Damage

The upgrade only affects the initial "blast", hitting enemies standing inside the launcher puddle when it detonates, and the damage from that. So lets see how much that is.
    Here is the damage stats for Firestarter at skill tier 6 and having no skill damage- (apart from the 10% SHD lvl skill damage, which can't be disabled) nor status effect-stats on gear:

Not finding any official info on this but burn damage ticks for roughly 2 times per second, meaning that the baseline skill tier 6 Firestarter burn DoT damage does 175,196 x12 = 2,102,352 damage in total.
    The 364,992 damage from the Firestarter detonation is ~17% of this. And a 1% upgrade of less than 1/5 seems quite underwhelming to be frank; the vast majority of the damage from Firestarter has always been the burn DoT. Especially considering the synergies the burn Dot has with the Elipse Phase gear set and the Creeping Death talent. All these things are probably obvious to the design team as well since they've made the Sticky Bomb: Burn upgrade centered around the burn DoT, as @d-a-r-n demonstrated. Which makes the focus of Firestarter Expertise upgrade on the miniscule detonation damage rather curious...

• Chem Launcher: Riot Foam - Upgrade bonus: +1.0% Ensnare Health

This upgrade doesn't begin to make sense as an upgrade, since AI enemies don't even shoot at your Riot Foam! So is it a PvP only-upgrade, meant exclusively for use in Conflict and on rogue agents in the DZ...? Yeah, if so it's an Expertise upgrade unfortunately made utterly useless to the vast majority of player base.

The matter of fact is these two skill upgrades are peculiarly out of sync with the usage of their skills and woefully underperforming with their output and the cost of upgrading. And would easily be remedied by making these upgrades in line with the main use of their skills: The Firestarter burn DoT and the Riot Foam ensnare duration.

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

@R0CH3LL3 Top notch write up of the issue with these two skills let's just hope our concerns are passed on to the team and are fixed!

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for the feedback on the Firestarter Chem Launcher and Riot Foam Grenade expertise bouses and your disappointment when using them in-game.

I have made note of this thread and have passed this feedback over to our Division team to document. I can not promise you will receive any kind of official answer from our devs on this topic, but your concerns have been noted.

As this is not a bug report but rather feedback on some of the game's specializations and skill mods, this thread will be moved to our General Discussion area, thank you.

Official Response
  • D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

@Ubi-Milky Thank you for the response!

I would hope that the Devs take our concerns seriously though these oversights needs to be fixed ASAP

• Blkandwhtknight
    6 posts

@D-A-R-N I don't think you understand... They're arbitrarily choosing stats that will not change the game balance. ie they don't don't want it to be stronger... They know full well how firestarter works and nerfed the hell out of Eclipse protocol because it became meta. The expertise mod on the reviver hive is another good example, its range, not revive armor which would be actually useful. The mod on the decoy is threat, again useless. The whole expertise system wreaks of fluff. They don't want to add player power, just grind.

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

@Blkandwhtknight I understand completely....

My preference is Burn damage of course (who wouldn't want that) but i would be just as happy with Burn duration for example anyone that uses the skill would know at heroic it's a little underwhelming since the nerf and does need a boost.

At this point in time i'm trying to get some attention on the two skills as they are not worth the expertise/proficiency at all as they sit atm.

• I3eard_of_War
    549 posts

@Ubi-Milky
    If 20% ensnare duration is too much, why not make it 10% instead?
    So Riot Foam Chemlauncher gets 0,5% per upgrade.

Same with the Fire starter (burn duration or damage) instead of 20%, we get 10%

Jammer pulse should just get 20% effect duration, as the duration is really short anyway.
    20% of nothing is still nothing.

As someone else said the Reviver Hive is range???
    It should be Armor Repair, way more usefull!!!

• R0CH3LL3
    68 posts

@D-A-R-N The odd thing about Firestarter's focus on the detonation is it does about as much damage as a fully red-specced character does with 1 bullet from their 600+ rounds-per-minute guns.
    1% damage increase on a once-every-now-and-then use skill, that at best will hit 1 to 2 enemies, is just a waste of opportunity and resources: Noone uses the Firestarter for its forgettable detonation damage! The burn dot is the whole idea behind the skill, and that shows what with the synergy it has with Vile, Eclipse Phase, Everlasting Gaze and other items.

• D-A-R-N
    Original poster 70 posts

@R0CH3LL3 Agree the focus on the detonation makes zero sense and must be a mistake/oversight from the devs.

Lets hope the QoL changes they are making include changes to firestarter and riot foam as they need it from an expertise/proficiency stand point

Suggested Topics