ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BILLYCLIE
    Original poster 2 posts

As stated above, all of my Trade Goods disappeared. I had selected sell all trinkets before this, but I had thought that trade goods didn’t sell with trinkets. Not sure how this happened, but I lost a lot of Trade Goods

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4343 posts
    Best Answer

Hi Vikings!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. The development team have confirmed that this issue wherein selling trinkets also sells trade goods should be resolved with the release of Title Update 1.6.0! You can read the full patch notes here.

The patch was deployed earlier today.

If you are still experiencing an issue where selling trinkets also sells your trade goods after installing the new update then please don't hesitate to share an update within this thread so we can notify the development team. When sharing a new report, please can you provide us with the a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the main menu screen.
    • That you selling trinkets also sells your trade goods

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save file uploaded to the Cloud. The support article here can help you to do this.

We can then use these reports to reopen the investigation should the issue persist following the 1.6.0 update. 

Official Response
  • Randelia
    223 posts

This bug has appeared since this morning after the update 1.5.3. Since then it looks like Animal Goods are counted as trinkets, and sold off with the trinkets if you press "sell all trinkets".

At first I thought this was a new "feature", but it looks like this definitely is a bug. Somehow I cannot upload a screenshot ("something went wrong while parsing server response"). I'll try to explain by words:

In the menu with the merchant at first I did "sell all trinkets". Then scrolled down to see what happened. The animal goods I owned before the sell all trinkets action were still listed, but as 0 owned.

I clicked on 1 to see what happened, and the game offered me to sell 1 trinket out of 0 owned. It incorrectly identified my animal good as trinket, and offered to sell 1 even I had none.
    I also tried to sell max, and the display offered to sell my non-existent animal good as 100 trinkets out of 0 owned. 😄

When I clicked on yes, there was an error noise and nothing got sold lol. I also didn't get any silver for it.

I'll try later again to upload my screenshot. It shows the whole thing much better than my words can.

Edit: this time it worked.

The Animal Bone is offered correctly in the Trade Goods section, but offered as a Trinket, and even though I don't have it anymore.

• Donny_diego
    1 posts

Same happened for me, my hunts and fish are gone. If I sell my trinklets now, it still holds my fish and hunts after that in that moment at the shop. But when i exit the shop conversation it is all gone, again.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    485 posts

Load an earlier save and avoid the "sell all" button for now. I'd really like to know if this is a bug or if someone just decided that secretly selling stuff useful for a quest was a good idea.

No matter the reason, this crap should be rolled back ASAP.

• Randelia
    223 posts

This is definitely a bug: animal goods are identified as trinkets now and sold with them. But if you scroll down after you sold all trinkets you can still see the animal goods, just as 0 owned. The game even offered me to sell the animal goods: sell 1 out of 0 owned.

The only way to get back your gone animal goods is to load the autosave the game makes right before you enter a store. It brought back my animal goods.

This is a BUG. Please FIX IT.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @BILLYCLIE @Donny_diego @Randelia @XBL_Laberbacke I'm sorry to hear that you are losing trade goods when selling your trinkets.

I have reported this to the development team to investigate.

If you have a video that demonstrates the issue could you please provide it.

I would recommend uploading your video to a video sharing platform such as YouTube, you can then copy the URL link into this thread. 

Official Response
  • Randelia
    223 posts

@ubi-keo Not just that, but they also are offered to be sold as trinkets in their correct section Trade Goods even though you don't have them anymore.

I made a post about it with a screenshot https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/162564/1-5-3-store-bug-offers-to-sell-1-out-of-0-items-owned?lang=en-US&_=1656509156968

• Ubi-Keo

@randelia thanks for the description and the screenshot.

I have merged that post with this thread and forwarded the information on to the development team.

Official Response
  • Randelia
    223 posts

@ubi-keo

video is on youtube:

1) inventory: I have both trinkets and animal goods
    2) in store menu: trinkets and animal goods are shown in their respective display section
    3) sell all trinkets
    4) scroll down: the trinkets are gone, the animal goods are offered as trinkets, but 0 owned (since they're already sold)
    5) select max number: yes, game offers to sell 100 out of 0 owned
    6) inventory: all trade goods and animal stuff is gone

• Ubi-Keo

@randelia thanks for also providing a video demonstrating the issue, it's appreciated 🙂

Official Response
  • DixieDynamite
    32 posts

Animal parts not selling at merchant since update on Tuesday. I get them and they show up with zero quantity at the merchant, and then they vanish after I leave. This has only happened since June 28th. Pics below. Shows zero quantity at merchant when I had some, and shouldn't even show up if I don't have any. Never mind, your server is giving me errors no matter the picture size, which is also new the last couple weeks. Shows as 1/0 quantity and won't let me sell, even if I had 3 in the field before. Pics won't attach no matter how many times I try due to server error. I.e. wolf claws, deer hooves etc.

• Callred1975
    2 posts

All my trade goods (including all the fish I spent hours catching and collecting) have now completely disappeared. It happened in the last 24 hours. I’ve tried reloading from multiple previous saves, but no good. If my inventory is going to start randomly disappearing, I’m out. I spend WAY too much time with this game to deal with this kind of error and still want to play it. It’s too bad, because I really do love all the Assassins Creed games (glitches and all). This particular glitch is a deal breaker though.

• Kolwyr
    3 posts

@callred1975 I've just run into this bug as well. All of my Trade Goods have disappeared today (I'm on PC). I'm going to have a closer look to see if anything else has run into this bug.

The only thing I did out of the ordinary today was pick up the free Bifrost Gear from the store.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    485 posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/162604/selling-trinkets-also-sells-trade-goods-post-here/5?lang=en-US
    You sold your trinkets at a trader, and for some reason the latest update changed it so EVERYTHING counts as vendor trash.

In case you'll have some choice words about that, I'm just the messenger.

• Imzadi1431
    1 posts

@ubi-keo FYI, it's happening on PS4 as well.

• longjohn119
    1214 posts

With the latest update when I go to a Trader and tell it to sell all my trinkets it is also selling all my trade goods too which has screwed me out of turning them in at the Hunter's Hut. I've lost bear skins, boar tusks and things from deer, Viper's egg and who knows what else

• longjohn119
    1214 posts

@xbl_laberbacke I can affirm that is exactly the case, you have to go to the hunter's hut first and likely the fishing hut if you have caught any fish then sell your stuff at the Trader

• Ubi-Keo

@imzadi1431 thanks for reporting this. As far as I'm aware this is affecting all platforms.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @longjohn119 I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. I can confirm that it has been reported and the development team are investigating.

I have merged your post with this thread that we have created for this issue.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo

Hi @dixiedynamite I can confirm there is an issue that has been reported where selling all trinkets also sells trade goods. It's likely you have sold your trinkets and lost the animal goods you previously had which is why it will be showing as 0 owned. You can check your inventory to verify this.

I have merged your post with this thread we have created for this issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics