ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AI.BLUEFOX
    Original poster 291 posts

An update on Delta Company was briefed to us today and confirms that the Delta Company won't continue. I guess not really unexpected, as it was a Breakpoint concept, although badged as GR generically, and things move on.

I know that the very existence of the programme has been a source of contention in the community, and the value of the group questioned, and I undestand those reservations. However, I do know that Delta helped to push for the improvements in the game post launch and I am pretty sure the franchise will be better for that in the future.

It was a real pleasure to meet some of the members like Vahndaar and talk about the game, and a privilege for me to be part of it, but I do agree it's time to move on. It's the franchise that is important and I hope the community here can be involved in shaping it and moving it in the right direction.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1531 posts

Delta was a failed concept as much as Breakpoint was a Ghost Recon game... not an insult to any of you guys but the Studio botched it by creating it on too many different Genres.

As long as they don't see and learn that to be true, the next Ghost Recon game (if its true that we will see it) will be another abomination. Huge potential and fun to play but glaring and childish as BP and the worse part will be that it will be another Non-GR game.

• Kean_1
    209 posts

I'm going to be completely honest here but keep in mind that my critical opinion of Delta has much more to do with Ubisoft than any of it's community members.......

Personally, I think the Breakfast Club played a more essential and useful role in the development and improvement of Willdands than Delta did with Breakpoint. I still think Ubi's concept of Delta was more about the marketing of GR / Breakpoint than it was in aiding development, etc. 4 out of the 5 detachments (Special Activities, Mission Intel, Team Operations and Tactical Assualt) were all geared toward this. ....and we really didn't see the "riveting" conversations "thanks to Q&As direct from the studio" from the Company Comms branch. Again, that's on Ubisoft as far as I'm concerned.

Instead, we continued to get the same unsatisfactory level of communication from Ubi, the mention of NDAs, etc. The only exception really was when Ubi was forced into action by the game's failure and created the polls. .....but then again, the promises of better communication was short lived.

....so, I guess I'm not surprised Delta was dissolved. It's not the community programs I have a problem with. Other game companies have similar programs that seem to work well for them. It's Ubisoft's flaws that have been discussed ad nauseum that cause them to fail. A potentially good concept that never had a chance.

• Megalodon-26
    363 posts

@kean_1 Personally, it's discouraging that Ubi is cutting bait. The Breakfast Club was only more effective than Delta, because they were allowed to give feedback on the game, before it launched. But now that Breakpoint is finished, I was hoping that Ubi would eventually allow the Delta members to provide input on the next game, earlier in the development process. Unfortunately, it looks like Ubi is only interested in having community involvement, AFTER it's too late to make any substantive changes.

• DanHibikiFanXM
    55 posts

Hm, well, can’t say I’m surprised. Always seemed more like PR damage control to me than an effective means of community interaction and feedback as an observer from afar.

Definitely makes me more suspicious of the future though.

• MikeWeeks
    511 posts

As mentioned, that a community-involved program (granted with its flaws as to how it was originally setup, etc) is being axed, versus re-vamped, should make us all suspicious for what the future holds.

BTW, no announcement of any kind in the appropriate forum either.

My bottom-line - Ubisoft is a company which continues to have many, many internal issues. This news simply re-confirms it for me.

• Eagleyezx
    149 posts

Delta did their best for the franchise, I can understand that. It was the naive sentiment at times that really got under my skin. Ubiflop will do whatever they want to do. Now you guys can keep your dignity and not be used by these degenerates.

With that said, how timely is it that the next game is probably 45% in development and they cut you guys out? Speaks for itself.

There are so many good tactical games on the market, one of my favourites as of late being Arma 3. If Ghost Recon Over is a flop then it won't be the end of the world.

Ubiflop isn't going to give us the Ghost Recon game we expect and this is a massive signal that they are not.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    Original poster 291 posts

I don't think the end of Delta means the end of community engagement through a selected, small group. For the earliest engagement during development I think that this is still the only practical way to ensure hands-on game contact and feedback without leaks. It does need to be 'as well as' not 'instead of' community wide interaction, though. The timing of both these interactions will be key.

It is my sincere hope that members of this forum get the opportunity to participate in any hands-on. The forum has been repeatedly defining the essential blueprint for the core game for years.

• Eagleyezx
    149 posts

@ai-bluefox I agree bud.

But unless Ubiflop is willing to have a better concept for community engagement, game leaks is the only form of hope I have for this game. At least then we can communicate our feedback before it's release.

But the way I see it, no disrespect to our former Delta team, but we should want Ubiflop to have a company of Military veterans to guide the game.

Bohemia Interactive do that for Arma and they play a critical part of the game.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1531 posts
    @Kean_1
    A potentially good concept that never had a chance.

Yep, much like their games as of late.

Well, I may be the only one who thinks different but the involvement of Delta with all the different persons liking different Genres and giving their feedback (wrong as it was for the GR Genre) made me more suspicious than the what will happened now w/o Delta.

In the end, this is more of the same from Ubi so I am not surprised at all. BP was a flop with the involvement of Delta, even if it came after the facts, then they see the flop and decide that making Xdefecation + Flatline will steer the Titanic in the right direction. UBI doesn't need Delta, they can destroy anything they touch w/o Delta's (or the community it seems) help.

• winspector_24
    9 posts

That's sad, but as you said, expected. I really wanted to be part of the team but I guess I was not lucky to be chosen. I have my small channel on YouTube and also manage a 10k Facebook page, so if I got the chance, it really would matter to me and to our brazilian community, which is passionate to the game. I always follow your post and other's members too. You did great. Let's hope Ubisoft can come up with some similar idea on the future. I'm pretty sure you guys gave them a lot of feedback that helpes improving the game.

• Steven527
    400 posts

@ai-bluefox disappointing, but not surprising. They really seem to pick and choose what they were willing to listen to. Hang in there and keep up the good fight.

• EN075
    278 posts

@steven527 Exactly.

Ubisoft obstinately clung to their obfuscated vision of the brand- ignoring their own asset assigned specifically to provide clarity on the topic not to mention a blackout of the entirety of its enthusiast community.

@AI-BLUEFOX your passion, enthusiasm and dedication was wasted on Ubisoft and their exhausted, cliche approach to this genre. I am curious as to what the future holds for you specifically and if you have any involvement with other studios who are seeking similarly experienced representation to bridge with their communities?

• Virtual-Chris
    812 posts

@ai-bluefox

Not surprised… it became pretty clear soon after the launch of the Delta Program that it was going to be a botched experiment due to the culture of the company and host studio.

The best part of this franchise is the community. It transcends the games. The people I’ve met here and interacted with, shared ideas, laughs, and frustrations with are far dearer to me than the games themselves. A special thanks to you, Vandhaar, and all the other Delta members for your efforts over the last few years.

But I sincerely hope the Motley Crew of regulars here continues to check in now and then, as it’s a special comradeship we all share. Although I’ve never met any of you, I feel we all share a common bond and interest. Ubisoft can ignore us at their own peril.

Here’s to many more years of enjoying and b!tching about GR regardless of what they churn out. 🙂

• BrotherO4
    8 posts

it was just a PR move that failed alongside Breakpoint and Frontline.
    Cause none of the feedback from Delta wasn't about to be found within the forums.

Suggested Topics