ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vlad01657
    Original poster 1 posts

I played The Crew for 16 hours, after which I can't launch it the next day. It opens and shows a black screen, after 10-15 seconds it crashes and that's it. It doesn't even write an error, it just crashes. What to do ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4080 posts

Hey @vlad01657 ,

Sorry for the delay and to see the game has been crashing for you!

If this is still the case, could you please confirm your PC specs (GPU, CPU, RAM, OS, Laptop / Desktop)?

And if you haven't done so already, could you please ensure you give all the steps in this troubleshooting guide a try as these may help resolve the issue.

Please let us know how you get on!

Official Response
  • Joe-Wh0
    2 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry Hello I also have the exact same problem. When ever I open the game it will only show a black screen and then crash with no error. My specs are (RX 6600, i5 8400, 32gb DDR4 RAM, Windows 10, Desktop) How can I fix this problem?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3613 posts

Hey @Joe-Wh0 thanks for listing your specs, they should be more than enough to run the game comfortably.

Have you been able to try all of the troubleshooting steps posted by Ubi-TheBerry above? Their link contains the most common troubleshooting steps for resolving crashes in games. For convenience, here is the link again >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Should none of the steps work for you, please let us know as there may be other steps we can advise as well that could help with this issue?

Official Response
  • Joe-Wh0
    2 posts

@Ubi-Milky Thanks for the help but none of the troubleshooting steps worked. I updated my driver to the newest one, my windows is up-to-date, I ran the game in administrator mode, and verified the integrity of the files on steam. I even installed and uninstalled the game but no success. I would appreciate anymore help.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2894 posts

Heya @Joe-Wh0 - thanks for coming back to us! That's really unfortunate to hear our suggested troubleshooting steps have not solved the issue.

Fortunately, we'll be able to help further with the help of a couple of system files - please see the system files support article. The data they contain can help us diagnose the issue and suggest a more specific fix. However, I cannot do this here on the forum, since there is no secure way to send me the files. Instead, please contact our support team directly, using the links below. You can include a link to this thread, as well, if you'd like, so the agent responding can see what we've already discussed.

Open a support ticket with Ubisoft Help
    Send a Twitter DM to Ubisoft Support
    Send a Facebook PM to Ubisoft Support

Let me know if I can clarify this process at all 🙂

Official Response
  • VideojocsPCG
    3 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry

My 'The Crew' no start...

i9 12900k z690 gigabyte Elite DDR4 , Nvidia RTX 3090 , 32 Gb DDR4 3200 Mhz

Windows 11 (last update) Please help!

• IAmBufs_PT
    2 posts

Same problem, ubisoft doesnt even care...

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4080 posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for reaching out, sorry to hear you're also having issues.

Could you please ensure you've completed the troubleshooting steps we've already shared in this thread? As these are a key first step in allowing us to help you further with this.

@VideojocsPCG - as you're also running in Windows 11, could you please also try running the game in compatibility mode?

If either of you continue to have issues after completing those steps, then please refer to @Ubi-Thrupney's post below on methods to contact us directly for more assistance.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics