ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• R0CH3LL3
    Original poster 67 posts

A clan member mentioned a loose idea that you'd get some Expertise experience from standard daily and weekly Projects (you might even include the extra season pass Project into this, to give some additional benefit to recipients holding the season pass)? This got me thinking: I'd say this would be an excellent carrot for the doing the two major project types, that act as a general activity guide for the player base.

This additional exp would allow for advancing the Expertise, even for dedicated "hardcore" players that are close to or already maxed out all their Proficiencies (Expertise lvl 23 is the current maximum, iirc?), while giving "less hardcore" players a valuable boost to their Expertise progress.

The amount of experience actually awarded would probably be better left to the designer team, but I'd wager the weekly Project awarding something like 20 exp and the two dailies (for season pass accounts) giving 2 exp each sound like a pretty suitable reward. I'm guessing leveling up Expertise requires 200 exp even on the highest levels and the additional exp from these Projects would thus give disciplined season pass players clearing every daily and weekly Project an extra 48 exp per week, netting these dedicated accounts almost one new Expertise per month.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) but I'd wager the weekly Project awarding something like 20 exp and the two dailies (for season pass accounts) giving 2 exp each sound like a pretty suitable reward. (...)

I'm afraid you can't just give away XP for your Expertise Level – as the points you see below your Expertise Level (on the lefthand side when entering the Expertise menu at the Recalibration Bench) are the accumulated Proficiency Ranks across all of your gear, items, and skills. So each Proficiency Rank you earn (via research or kill XP) is added to your overall Expertise progress.

But apart from that earning Proficiency Ranks and thus Expertise Levels already is pretty fast. That's why most hardcore players already have an Expertise Level of 15 to 20 (which is the current soft cap) and even very casually playing agents have gear upgraded to Grade 5 or more. Considering that this system was only introduced a few weeks ago but, was supposed to be a very very very long-term motivation, I think we should not speed up this process even further.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3605 posts

Hello @R0CH3LL3 thank you for your sharing your suggestion of receiving additional expertise experience.

I will move this thread to our player General Discussion section of the forum, to see if there are other players who would like to contribute to this too and so it can be seen by a larger audience, including our game devs and community team.

If you have any more feedback about the game, please make sure to post this in our General Discussion area of the forum, as the Player Support section is more for bug reporting and technical issues, thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics