ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1590 posts

I don’t want to tell you mods how to do your job, but it is pretty infuriating when topics get merged into a single thread and everyone’s posts look jumbled together out of context. However, that is not the sole reason I am writing this post...

Recently, I noticed there was a old topic about Dolby Atmos not being available on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla... or for that matter, any AC game. As I now have a system capable of Dolby Atmos, it dawned on me to wonder if the feature would become available. Of course, it is not customary on these forums to add a new post to a two-year old topic. The forum usually advises to make a new topic. In this case, the old topic was actually locked, so making a new topic on the issue was truly my only option. That said, after making the topic, it was merged with an old locked topic, making any further discussion moot. I found this rather insulting. So, I am asking that any mod be sure to unlock an old topic if they’re going to deliberately merge new posts into it.

Thank you.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 916 posts

@thenorfolkian Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize that your thread was merged with a locked topic. While we do not have further information on the use of Dolby Atmos with Assassin's Creed, I understand your concern.
    In accordance with our forums rules I did slightly edit your post to remove the name, but have left everything else the same. Please note that your feedback has been heard, and let us know if there is anything else that we can assist with.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubikobold Thank you for the prompt feedback. While I understand the reasoning behind removing the name of the mod in question, anyone who now views the old locked topic will still see which mod it was who merged my post into the thread.

It is good that the feedback has been heard, but it would be great if that old topic thread can be unlocked in the eventuality that further feedback to the developers and vice versa can be established. I still wanted to at least request that an answer be sought out from the development team, but I can’t do that when the thread is still locked.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 916 posts

@thenorfolkian With the old thread being two years old it will unfortunately remain locked, however if a new post is made with this topic it should not be merged with the old locked thread in order to continue discussion. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused, but I appreciate your understanding on the matter.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@ubikobold Ah, okay. A locked thread can’t be unlocked... got it. Thank you again for the clarification.

Suggested Topics