ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BorgatB
    Original poster 6 posts

I use the new potion and the cutscene of Eivor drinking the potion starts. After they fall asleep the game immediately crashes to desktop with no error message.

I've read this was an issue reportedly resolved in August 2021, but it is still happening to my game. None of the troubleshooting guides have helped me resolve this issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• longjohn119
    1341 posts

@borgatb Have you tried verifying your game files? This is especially important after a title update .... For instance I had a crash just 5 minutes after the title update Tuesday and it turned out they had updated 114 files (you can tell by the timestamps) and of those 36 were broken and had to be repaired when I verified the game files. I haven't had a crash since (Although I'm sure I will within a couple more days)

• BorgatB
    Original poster 6 posts

@longjohn119 I've just tried this and no files needed repairing. The problem still persists afterwards as well.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

@borgatb Hey there! I am sorry to hear that you are having crashing after drinking the potion in the Going Deeper quest. Thank you also for verifying your game files already. With this, please also try to run Ubisoft Connect as an administrator and give this PC technical troubleshooting guide a try.

Afterwards, if the issue still remains, please take a video of the crashing and upload the clip to YouTube as an unlisted video and share the link with me here or on Google Drive. Thank you!

Official Response
  • BorgatB
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubisushivamp Hey, video cuts off as the game crashes to desktop. Again, no error message pops up.

• Century_24
    2 posts

I have the same exact issue, tried verifying files and tried reinstalling the game and it still happens

• Century_24
    2 posts
    @ubisushivamp Hey, video cuts off as the game crashes to desktop. Again, no error message pops up.

This is the same exact thing that happens to me, even after verifying and reinstalling the game

• longjohn119
    1341 posts

@borgatb It must be something to do with the latest update because I did 3 Asgard quests just last weekend without any problem .... Next time I get back to the settlement I'll give it a try but it'll probably be a couple of days before I finish the Southsexe quests

• BorgatB
    Original poster 6 posts

@longjohn119 Potentially. When I came back to the game I was originally going to start a new game as it had been a large amount of time since I'd played. When I started a new game I would get the exact same crash before the intro cinematic started. This makes me think that it has something to do with playing the cinematics as opposed to transferring to Asgard / Jotenhiem.

• longjohn119
    1341 posts

@borgatb I just started a new game back on June 4 and didn't have any crashes until I got to England so it wasn't a problem before the last update. I have had several crashes after I got to England but never in a cinematic scene. In fact I even have a playlist for Valhalla Bugs on my YouTube channel, the latest ones start after "Arrows Stuck in Hand". I've only had one crash since the latest update but it was likely caused by the update breaking 34 of my .forge files and once I verified and fixed them I haven't had a crash since (I'll probably crash tonight because I just jinxed myself😨 )

• longjohn119
    1341 posts

@longjohn119 Just as I suspected I jinxed myself and had a crash tonight after 50-60 minutes. However it was like all the rest just a random CTD while running. Basically the update didn't change anything for me except the sell trinkets now sells everything bug. I did finally start seeing avenge quests again so at least they fixed that. Fix one bug create two more .....

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5368 posts

Hi @BorgatB @century_24 @longjohn119

@BorgatB thanks for the video provided. I understand that you are also experiencing crashes when starting a new game, therefore this may not be related to the Going Deeper quest as you mentioned. Have you tried playing other quests on that save file to see if you encounter any other crashes? And to confirm did you go through all of the troubleshooting steps provided by UbiSushiVamp? if not could you please go through those and try again.

@Century_24 Can you confirm if you have you experienced any other crashes in the game or only when drinking the potion?

@longjohn119 I'm sorry to hear that you have also experienced a crash whilst playing the game. If the issue persists could you go through the troubleshooting in UbiSushiVamp's post then try again. However, if you continue to experience issues then please let us know.

Official Response
  • BorgatB
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-keo Yeah I'd already exhausted all of the troubleshooting guides provided before I made this initial post. Other quests have worked fine. The only two times I've encountered this issue is when I attempted to start a new game (after selecting difficulty, etc), and during the transition after drinking the potion in this quest.

I abandoned starting a new game because I literally couldn't, and just continued on the old save which has worked fine (apart from a few other bugs that are easy enough to work around, such as the arrow stuck in hand bug) until I reached this quest. I've completed the Ireland and Isle of Skye DLCs and they worked fine in their entirety.

So I know can most likely continue the main quest, but I am worried that if I encounter another scenario where a transition occurs, or if it is related to when a pre-rendered cutscene plays. it could essentially lock me out of the game and I'll be forced to stop playing.

• longjohn119
    1341 posts

@borgatb As promised I went into Asgard today and unfortunately (Well for you not me) it worked fine both times I tried it although I did get a weird little graphics glitch when Eivor drank the potion the first time. I still get a random unrepeatable CTD every few days but my system is fairly stable (Well as good as it seems to get with this game) Here is what I've done to stabilize the game

1. Let Windows control my Page File size
    2. Run in Full Screen (Windowed Borderless was broken a couple of updates ago but may have been fixed in Tuesday's update)
    3. Limit FPS to 60
    4. Turn on V-sync

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 672 posts

Excellent suggestions as usual @longjohn119. 💜

If what was suggested doesn't help @BorgatB, I'd like you to attach your System Files to a Support Case, then update me so I can take a closer look.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • BorgatB
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-ladyblue Hey, none of @longjohn119 's advice seemed to work. The error still occurs the same way.

I've raised a Support Case as requested.

Cheers

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5368 posts

Hi @BorgatB apologies for the late response.

Thanks for creating a support case and providing your system files.

Official Response

Suggested Topics